[script][vbs] CNN headlines 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[script][vbs] CNN headlines 1.1

Well, it was just a matter of time, but due to popular request and personal desire, I wrote a script that grabs the top story headlines from CNN. The script is very flexible, and supports a template to format the output so it will match the layout on your page (i.e. some people might care for the URL, so it looks good on a webpage, while others might just want the headlines to make processing easier). There is tons of room for suggestions, so please let me know what you think about this.

It stores the settings in the CNNsettings.ini, and will create the file and values for you (with audio setup if desired of course) so this should be an easy one to install. All you have to do is create a virtual device and event for this (run it manually once you are ready to set it up).

Changelog
    version 1.1(10272002): when calling the script using custom_cnn_headlines.txt("main","speak") it will hs.speak the headlines
    version 1.0(10252002): added updating LastChange timestamp when headlines have been updated
    version 0.9 (10242002): created script

[This message was edited by xplosiv on Sunday, 27 October 2002 at 09:25 PM.]
    Attached Files
    HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
    (aka xplosiv)
    Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat
Working...
X