Sunriseclock II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunriseclock II

A few months I published a script for a "sunriseclock". This script was for HomeSeer 1.5.x (see Sunriseclock (slow dim)-simple). It turned out the script did not work for homeseer 1.6 anymore. Here is a new script that does work in HomeSeer 1.6.

A sunrise clock or sunrise alarm is an alarm which slowly, very slowly dims a light from zero to maximum to imitate the rising of the sun (like from zero to 50% in one hour). It is claimed that such a sunrise clock can ascertain that you wake up in a more natural, and so more refreshed way.

Besides slowly turning the light up, this script can also slowly dim a script to zero.

To use this script, create a script with the line
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> hs.runEx "sunrise.txt", "solarclockstart", "B10;1;25;1;90" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    in it (or use this line with an & before it in the scripting box).
    The part <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"B10;1;25;1;90"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> are the arguments.
    - The first argument (B10) is the device value of the device which has to be dimmed.
    - The second argument (1) is the starting value of the light.
    - The thirth argument (25) is the end value of the light
    - the forth argument (1) is the amount by which the lightintesity is increased every time the script is run and
    - the fifth argument (90) is the number of second between two runs of the script.

So, in this example, the light B10 is increased from 1 to 25, where every 90 seconds the intensity is increased by 1 (leads to increasing the light from 1 to 25 in 2250secs=37,5min).

The arguments <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>]"A3;30;6;-2;60"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> would lead to dimming light A3 from 30 to 6, where every 60 seconds the lightintensity is dimmed by 2 (leads to dimming from 30 to 5 in 12 minutes).

Personally I use this script for my bedroom every morning and for the living room lighs when the sun goes down (actually, the script start 50 mins before sunset and turs the lights on in one hour).

Richard
    Attached Files
Working...
X