No announcement yet.

CNN Breaking News script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing it back to topic - noticed a BBC alert - looked at CNN site and there was the same alert. I just also noticed an old Breaking news alert is still showing current. Never noticed that before though...kind of odd.....
    Attached Files
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Bringing it back to topic - noticed a BBC alert - looked at CNN site and there was the same alert. I just also noticed an old Breaking news alert is still showing current. Never noticed that before though...kind of odd.....
      Pete,
      The script looks for a breaking news banner at the top of the page. Normally one of those is posted at the same time as the little box on the upper left that you show in your shot. I went to look at it, and when I refreshed the page the expected banner showed up, and within a few seconds the alert was spoken over the speakers here. I'm thinking it was a procedural issue at CNN.
      Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

New Error Message in Log

Any idea how to fix this?

3/21/2010 7:35:34 AM - Event - Event Trigger "Check for CNN Alerts"
          3/21/2010 7:35:34 AM - Event - Running script in background: Custom_CNN.vb
          3/21/2010 7:35:42 AM - Error - Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at scriptcode3.scriptcode3.Main(Object parm) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)
          3/21/2010 7:36:08 AM - Error - Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at scriptcode3.scriptcode3.Main(Object parm) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)
          3/21/2010 7:36:34 AM - Error - Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at scriptcode3.scriptcode3.Main(Object parm) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)
          3/21/2010 7:37:00 AM - Error - Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at scriptcode3.scriptcode3.Main(Object parm) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)
          3/21/2010 7:37:26 AM - Error - Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at scriptcode3.scriptcode3.Main(Object parm) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)
          3/21/2010 7:37:52 AM - Error - Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at scriptcode3.scriptcode3.Main(Object parm) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)
          3/21/2010 7:38:18 AM - Error - Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at scriptcode3.scriptcode3.Main(Object parm) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)

Comment

Bill,

Can you tell my how you invoking the script? I.e., I'm sure it is via an event, but what args are you passing?

Steve

Comment

Reloaded HS and the problem has gone away... sorry.\

Comment

BTW, I'm still around (xplosiv) It's nice to see people are still working on the code!
                HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
                (aka xplosiv)
                Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Electron View Post
                  BTW, I'm still around (xplosiv) It's nice to see people are still working on the code!
                  Dan,

Good to know you are still here! I hope you don't mind my jumping in on this. I'm a hacker, and I'm sure you could do it much better. If you feel like cleaning up my mess, please do. Great job on the script by the way; Obviously it is one of the most useful and most used scripts on most of our systems!

Steve

Comment

I don't mind at all, in fact, I encourage it. Since I haven't written .NET scripts yet, I am actually learning from all these changes, so keep up the good work!
                    HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
                    (aka xplosiv)
                    Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

Here is a question.. how do i config this script.. i put the script to run every 5 minutes.. but how do i set the housecode? in the instructions it says to goto the speech/script tab? where is that? Also all i have is the VB file.. no ini file.. where do i get that?

-Tom-
                      -Tom-

Comment

Originally posted by twa8000 View Post
                        Here is a question.. how do i config this script.. i put the script to run every 5 minutes.. but how do i set the housecode? in the instructions it says to goto the speech/script tab? where is that? Also all i have is the VB file.. no ini file.. where do i get that?

-Tom-
                        Tom,

The reference to the "speech/script" tab is pre-HS2. I'll fix that. You just add an action to run the script.

The first time you run it, it is supposed to create the INI file, prompting you for the settings you want to use (like what device to use). You have to be sitting at the HS machine though, as the prompts will pop-up there. I haven't tried this part since I translated it to VB.NET, but I think it should still work.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Its sincerely appreciate that you are looking at this script.

I like the ability of sending a CNN news alert message over to my PDA phone via HSPro. I've been using that feature for years now. I have never registered my PDA phone with any services which provided similiar style alerts preferring that I control any and all messages going to my phone. (even with unlimited internet/messages services - AT&T).

Funny one day I did recieve an unsolicited text message from AT&T in a way of a "free" text page AT&T advertisement for services. I called them and basically told them if I saw another one I would cancel my services with them. I never saw another unsolicited message.

Actually the "first time you run it" piece of the legacy script quit working a few years back (at least for me) after a number of posted on the forum modifications to the original script. I can't recall though when though. The same for the "testing" piece of the script (at least for me) as documented in the first few lines of the script.

BTW Steve; I can see the weekly clean up of events running in HSPro. I haven't looked at the ini file in a while but when I did look last week it appeared to have numerous line returns (blank lines) and all of the events from the beginning of the year were still there. I have since removed the blank lines to see what happens this weekend.
                          Last edited by Pete; April 24, 2010, 12:29 PM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            Actually the "first time you run it" piece of the legacy script quit working a few years back (at least for me) after a number of posted on the forum modifications to the original script. I can't recall though when though. The same for the "testing" piece of the script (at least for me) as documented in the first few lines of the script.

BTW Steve; I can see the weekly clean up of events running in HSPro. I haven't looked at the ini file in a while but when I did look last week it appeared to have numerous line returns (blank lines) and all of the events from the beginning of the year were still there. I have since removed the blank lines to see what happens this weekend.
                            Pete,

I guess that means I need to post a sample INI file and some instructions to manually populate it.

I'm not sure what is happening with the cleanup. I'll take a look at that too.

I've fixed (I think) the area of the script where it was not correctly catching a bad post by CNN. I'll post it with the other fixes this weekend.

Steve

Comment

Steve, thanks again for having a quick look at the script. I believe its one of the oldest and still being utilized HS scripts today by a number of folks.

Here is a quick snapshot relating to debugging of the script test and results of said test.

4/24/2010 10:16:44 AM Error 3 Running script Custom_CNN.vb :method not found
                              4/24/2010 10:16:48 AM Error 3 Running script Custom_CNN.vb :method not found
                              Attached Files
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Funny CNN breaking news story

CNN breaking news is one of the high WAF features but I had to add a button to turn it off for 2 hours at a time.

One day the wife and I were watching the tennis finals on the DVR about 20 minutes delayed so we could skip as usual. Comming down to the end of the final mens game it was neck and neck. Very exciting match and sudenly CNN comes on and anounces the winner before we see it on the delayed DVR. We laugh about it today but not that day!

Comment

Working...
                                X