No announcement yet.

CNN Breaking News script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait! I take it back. That error message is from my error trap. That at least tells me what part of the script is failing. Now to narrow it down....

Steve

Comment

To everyone who is having the new script error out:

In the event specification, under the "Run Script" window, I assume you have "CNN_custom.vb" selected as "Existing script", but do you have anything in the "Optional parameters:" window?

The script assumes that you are calling it with ("Main","") as the default, but I've discovered that at least one person is having the error because they don't specify any thing in the optional parameters. That's easy enough to allow for, but I wanted to see if that was a common theme in the errors.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
        To everyone who is having the new script error out:

In the event specification, under the "Run Script" window, I assume you have "CNN_custom.vb" selected as "Existing script", but do you have anything in the "Optional parameters:" window?

The script assumes that you are calling it with ("Main","") as the default, but I've discovered that at least one person is having the error because they don't specify any thing in the optional parameters. That's easy enough to allow for, but I wanted to see if that was a common theme in the errors.

Steve
        When I first ran the script I got an error, but when adding ("Main",""") in Optional parameters box, as you pointed out, it works great. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Comment

Well, the instructions in the script clearly don't require that you put the argument in the call, so this was my fault. It's an easy fix (I already fixed it here), but in the process of trying to fix it I cleaned up quite a few other things. I'll post a new version 3.1 today. Thanks for the patience.

Steve

Comment

Finally!

Ok, that problem is fixed. Sorry about that.

I've posted the updated script over in the Script Library: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...750#post902750

Post any issues or requests in this thread.

Steve

Comment

Steve,
              Thanks for fixing the CNN script. My HS server went down sometime after Christmas while we were on vacation. I installed your CNN script after PC was running. Been working well.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

yes thank you all is working great for me also. Now get a good weather warning program and I would be really HAPPY.
                danielbo
                danielbo

Comment

Danielbo-

I use "weather warnings-V2.4 script" (from a few years back) and Hurricane Tracker (RaptorSSS V1).

They both appear to work OK for me.

I am also using MCS Temperature, BL Weather and WeatherXML (maybe too many weather scripts?)

Being close to the Great Lakes (plays havoc with local weather) local and national weather reports are Ok but tend to miss the mark many times (funny though its always a "best" educated guess using available state of the art Meteorological "tools")
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

There is never to many weather programs. I am a weather watcher, we live on the river. I want a good one that will announce the warnings. Which one would you say is the best? I am not sure that I have 2.4 script. The one I was using worked great for a while then it stopped. Its BL weather. If you would please share the one you think works best and where to get it. I want one that announces the warning.
                    Thank you so much if you would,
                    Danielbo
                    danielbo

Comment

I think I have more weather plug-in/scripts than any other type. I'm using the Weather XML, mostly for announcement of forecasts, BLWeather and UltraWeatherbug, plus RSS feeds for raw data, plus local temp sensors for true temperature readings. I have managed to get the alerts of UltraWeatherBug to speak what type of alert is issued, not the alert itself yet. It does send me an email of the complete report though. There was a weather warnings script that I never did get to work quite right, I think it's still in the updater.
                      Marty
                      ------
                      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I had a program that did give weather alerts, but it has stopped working. I bought Ultra weather bug because I thought it spoke the weather alerts but found out it only give them. I want to get down to only using one service and that would be Ultra Weather Bug. I am on the understand that the guy that developed Ultra Weather Bug is trying to get it to speak the Warnings. If so that would be the best program out there and the only one I would use. I really hope he can do this, I know I couldn't. Not good with programing.
                        What is you script that you use to just read the title of the alert? I would love to have that much and I would cut the rest. I really am excited with the great job of Ultra Weather Bug and if he gets it to speak warnings, he will have a perfect program for a lot of people. I guess there is more people out there that is crazy about the weather then me.
                        Danielbo
                        danielbo

Comment

I think there are a bunch of us weather watchers, at least it would seem so when you look at the number of weather related plug-ins and scripts.

Ultra has said he's looking into it so I took him at his word. In the mean time I do have it announce that there is a weather watch, warning, etc and to check my email for the full report. It does for now.
                          Marty
                          ------
                          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Guys,
                            Can you move your discussion about weather warnings to this thread please.
                            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=139994

This post is about the CNN Breaking news script and we need to keep it that way to prevent confusion.
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                              Guys,
                              Can you move your discussion about weather warnings to this thread please.
                              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=139994

This post is about the CNN Breaking news script and we need to keep it that way to prevent confusion.
                              Oops, sorry about that, we did get a bit off track. Looking back in the thread I believe it was my fault besides.
                              Marty
                              ------

Comment

My fault too, sorry Rupp.
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X