[Script] Control for the RCS TX15 and ProStat PDT15 thermostats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Script] Control for the RCS TX15 and ProStat PDT15 thermostats

I searched the threads of the HomeSeer message boards high and low for a script that would control my RCS TX-15 unidirectional thermostat. Yeah, I know its the cheap one and I could have saved myself a lot of trouble and just bought the TX-15B which has scipts included in HomeSeer. I just didn't need the bidirectional functionality of the TX-15B thermostat and the unidirectional model was susbstantially cheaper. So I set out to create a script that would closely mimic the rcs_tx15b script that is included with HomeSeer. This script will control the RCS TX-15 and ProStat PDT15 thermostats (which are unidirectional) as well as any equivalent models. This is, in my opinion, much neater then creating device modules for each of the commends you can send the thermostat. (Doing this can lead 32+ modules in HomeSeer just to control your A/C- very messy) The script works in conjunction with the "thermostat" device that can be created in HomeSeer. Temperature setpoint, heat/cool mode, and fan mode can be controlled. If you download this script, please follow the instructions in the readme.txt file carefully. If you have any questions or problems please email me.

[This message was edited by steve6341 on Sun, 28 September 2003 at 11:28 AM.]

[This message was edited by steve6341 on Sun, 28 September 2003 at 08:19 PM.]
    Attached Files
Working...
X