Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SCRIPT] Stocks - more information.

Greetings,

At the request of some users in another forum, I am posting a version of a stock report script that I modified to do some things that the user wanted. What I can't get to right away is to modify this to store the stock information in some virtual devices as was requested - probably so that they can be viewed at any time and spoken without having to have an Internet connection.

Thus, I will post it here for your pleasure and if any of you do happen to take on the challenge of finishing the above modifications, then by all means please do and thank you!

What has changed from the very basic stock script originally provided with HomeSeer is that it speaks more information - it speaks the quote, the change, the change in percent, the opening price, the high/low and the time of the quote.

It could grow into a nifty little system with a little TLC!

Regards,

Rick Tinker
    HomeSeer Technologies

Attached Files
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

This is a follow-up to the previous post.

This version has a fix for my stupidity in not resetting the quote variables between companies (thus resulting in duplicate price info for every company after the first!).

Also, as is explained in more detail at the script discussion forum, I am renaming the extension .VBS so that if you wish to use the SAPI 5 contexts you can use this version, but to use it without those use the .TXT version posted in the script discussion forum.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
    HomeSeer Technologies

Attached Files
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
    X