Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple Sprinkler Control Script (For already automatic sprinklers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Sprinkler Control Script (For already automatic sprinklers)

I made this simple script because I wanted a method to turn off my sprinklers in the event of rain or cold weather. I didn't want to purchase everything to completely automate them as I already had a RainBird controller. (and I am doing this on a budget)

All I did was place a PowerFlash (chime) module between the common terminal and the common wires of all my sprinklers. I then use the attached script to control this unit. I am careful not to switch this when the sprinklers are supposed to be running as I am not sure the load rating for the PowerFlash.

What this script actually does is scan my weather devices for signs of rain, either today, tonight or tomorrow. Then disables the sprinklers.
    Some features I have is it will also disable the sprinklers if is too cold, or enable them if too hot. It will also make sure they are not off for longer than 7 (adjustable) days, and will make sure they stay off for at least a couple of days after rain.

Have fun with it. It is my first posted script so go easy

Scott

I updated the script to reflect the problems I found with X10 and scripting. Documented Here

[This message was edited by sbessel on Sat, 15 November 2003 at 05:23 PM.]
    Attached Files
Working...
X