Monitor Control (EXE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor Control (EXE)

Hey everyone. I just wanted to post this executable that I have made. It allows you to control your monitor's power (on/off), and your screen saver (on/off).

It is based on parameters. It has 4 main parameters: /p_on, /p_off, /ss_on, and /ss_off. If you run the EXE without any parameters (or an invalid parameter), it will prompt you with the valid parameters.

I made this for personal use, but figured that other people might want it as well. Some cases that this could be used is when you arm your alarm, turn on your screen saver and turn off your monitor. When you walk into the room, turn off the screen saver, and turn on the monitor. There are endless possibilities considering what home automation has come to today.

Please give me feedback on this program, if you would like.

To use this program, you can either use the built-in HomeSeer executable running options on an event, or you can use a script and run that script from the event.

Here is a script an example script you could use (assuming MonitorCtrl.exe is in the HomeSeer application directory):

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Dim strAppPath
    Dim strEXEPath

strAppPath = hs.GetAppPath
    If (Right(strAppPath, 1) &lt;&gt; "\") Then strAppPath = strAppPath & "\"

strEXEPath = strAppPath & "MonitorCtrl.exe"

Sub Main()
    hs.Launch strEXEPath, "", ""
    End Sub

Sub MonitorOn()
    hs.Launch strEXEPath, "/p_on", ""
    End Sub

Sub MonitorOff()
    hs.Launch strEXEPath, "/p_off", ""
    End Sub

Sub ScreenSaverOn()
    hs.Launch strEXEPath, "/ss_on", ""
    End Sub

Sub ScreenSaverOff()
    hs.Launch strEXEPath, "/ss_off", ""
    End Sub</pre>

I hope everyone enjoys the program. If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at synthesize@synvb.com. Have a great day!

&nbsp;&nbsp;Best Regards,
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Dale Higgs (Synthesize)

&nbsp;&nbsp;Website: http://www.synvb.com/
    Attached Files
Working...
X