Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

LED SIGN JetLite II Protocol Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED SIGN JetLite II Protocol Script

My first script and it works great... thought i would share

For anyone that has or plans on getting a LED Scrolling sign With the Jetlite II Protocol

I know of 2 signs that use the protocol.. im sure there are plently more.. Majority of the eBay LED Scrolling signs us that protocol.

I have a favotech Light

http://www.favotech.com

And for our EURO friends.. i believe Eurolite also uses that protocol

I will add on more features if there is a request for additional development of this... who knows.. i might even make it into a plugin

Code:
    sub main(ByVal text As String)
       Dim comport = 5
       Dim config = "19200,O,8,1"
       Dim datamode = 0 ' Raw Mode (1 = string/cf-lf terminated)
       Dim cb_script = ""
       Dim cb_func = ""
       Dim rtnval = hs.OpenComPort(comport, config, datamode, cb_script, cb_func)
       ' Now the com port is open.
       Dim begin = chr(&h01)&chr(&h5A)&chr(&h30)&chr(&h30)&chr(&h02)&chr(&h41)&chr(&h41)&chr(&h1C)&chr(&h31)
       Dim end2 = chr(&h04)
       Dim data2Send = begin + text + end2

hs.SendToComPort(comport, data2Send)
       hs.CloseComPort(comport)
    end sub
    Make sure you have a file in your LED Light name "A" (without the quotes of course)

Also update your comport then...

Just call jetlite2.vb("main","Your Text Here")

Thats all there is to it

-Tom-
    Attached Files
    Last edited by twa8000; January 12th, 2010, 12:35 PM.
    -Tom-

You kinda did this backward. You normally post the script in this forum and the discussion thread in the forum where you have the script. We would also like for you to prefix the script with it's type.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X