No announcement yet.

Google Latitude script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And external config file that would make upgrades easier would be fantastic.
    This script has fulfileld a big need.
    I will pay for a plugin.

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
    Finally updated to V6. Wow, awesome!

I set the script to run every 3 min.

Setup my phone (wife doesn't have lattitude), modified the script up to clean up the extra stuff.

Works very well.

If I get time, maybe I'll try to convert to .net (I think this is the ONLY non .net script on my system).

I liked your example for setting "home", "far away", etc.

So, I think I should get my RFID stuff running again, in my car. I picked up a great deal on ThingFling. Got 10 each 120VAC to 5VUSB and 12VCar to 5VUSB for $12 or something like that. So, now I have power supplies for my RFID stuff!

As well as the Jon00 BT connector.

That would be totally AWESOME!

--Dan
    Best,
    Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
      And external config file that would make upgrades easier would be fantastic.
      This script has fulfileld a big need.
      I will pay for a plugin.
      I'll look into this-- an external file shouldn't be to bad-- the only issue is generating the logic to determine where you are.

That almost needs to be left to scripting-- for example-- if any one individual is at location X, then we need to say we are "home". If one person is at location Y, then we are "vacationHouse". If one is at X and Y, then we enable both I would assume in this care.

If location Y were to be my work, then it is a different story. It gets complicated-- not sure you can really make that generic for everyone.
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
      Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Works with PlaceTrack on iPhone?

Has anyone used this with PlaceTrack on the iPhone? It sounds like the app was made just to work with this script.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

As long as it supports Google Latitude (and it says it should), it should work.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

OK I just noticed that in order to use the script I have to make my location public. Is there any way to instead login to google to get location securely?

I am sure the answer is here--but I am not talented enough to figure out the how and why.

http://code.google.com/apis/latitude...rest.html#auth
            Last edited by jlrichar; September 18, 2010, 04:53 PM.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I enabled my badge and said, "best location possible" but it still shows me a good 10 miles away often times. is there a solution to that (I know it's probably a google problem, nothing w/the script, I'm just asking for some help here :-)

Ian
              Plugins:
              BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Make sure you have a GPS unit in your phone. Without it, you can't get a "good" lock, and it'll just use celltowers to guess at where you are.
                Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

But 10 miles? Cell phone antennas are good, but not that good.
                  HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                  Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                  on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                  WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Well, when I turn my GPS unit off, and let Google Maps figure out where I am without that...I generally get pegged as 4-5 miles from where I am...in the next neighborhood over. I'm guessing due to being on the edge of some cell.

Probably not enough towers to "triangulate"

--Dan
                    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                      When I run this script alone I got the image below. Do you get any error?
                      I'm sorry but I was writing it on late night with tired eyes and the image should save as png not gif
                      Hi,

I guess this is not includes in the V6 version of the script ?

How dow I get this functionality working ?
                      Or do I have to create a separate event and use this script to create the .png file

Thanks in advance
                      Regards,

Rien du Pre
                      The Netherlands
                      Using:
                      Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
                      Plugin's:
                      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Error message

Hello,

Im getting this error message:

26/10/2010 20:56:50 - Google Cordinates - Could not access XML- web issue? array length not 1 but

Ive subscribed to google lalitude, copied the script file in the scripts dir under Homeseer2, and inserted the userid in the script file, created an event

I use Hs 2.4.0.11 running on Vista. Im based in the Indian Ocean.
                        thanks for your help

Comment

Error message when running the script

Hello,

Im getting this error message:

26/10/2010 20:56:50 - Google Cordinates - Could not access XML- web issue? array length not 1 but

Ive subscribed to google lalitude, copied the script file in the scripts dir under Homeseer2, and inserted the userid in the script file, created an event. The badge has a negative sign at beginning..

I use Hs 2.4.0.11 running on Vista. Im based in the Indian Ocean.
                          thanks for your help
                          <!-- / message -->

Comment

This must have something to do with your badge ID. Did you copied the entire string ??
                            Regards,

Rien du Pre
                            The Netherlands
                            Using:
                            Plugin's:
                            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

user ID

Hello Rien,

When i subscribed to google lat, it created a userid starting with a negative sign. When i put the badge i get this error message:

inthe getpositionV6.txt file i have this:

userID(0)="-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
                              29/10/2010 01:15:26 - Error - Running script, script run or compile error in file: getPositionV6.txt13:Type incompatible: 'latitude' in line 235 More info: Type incompatible: 'latitude'

when i remove the minus sign, i get this one:
                              29/10/2010 01:20:01 - Google Cordinates - Could not access XML- web issue? array length not 1 but

I cant find the issue to make it work..

thanks

PS: Rien i see that you have rfxcharts. tell me im looking for a script that will calculate the billing as from rfxpulse virtual device and display it in hstouch.. Do you have any info on that ?

Comment

Originally posted by vic1743 View Post
                                Hello Rien,

When i subscribed to google lat, it created a userid starting with a negative sign. When i put the badge i get this error message:

inthe getpositionV6.txt file i have this:

userID(0)="-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
                                29/10/2010 01:15:26 - Error - Running script, script run or compile error in file: getPositionV6.txt13:Type incompatible: 'latitude' in line 235 More info: Type incompatible: 'latitude'

when i remove the minus sign, i get this one:
                                29/10/2010 01:20:01 - Google Cordinates - Could not access XML- web issue? array length not 1 but

I cant find the issue to make it work..

thanks

PS: Rien i see that you have rfxcharts. tell me im looking for a script that will calculate the billing as from rfxpulse virtual device and display it in hstouch.. Do you have any info on that ?
                                Can you sent me your script to Rien at du-pre.eu
                                Regards,

Rien du Pre
                                The Netherlands
                                Using:
                                Plugin's:
                                RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                                X