X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin: my.Trigger

Discussion thread for the my.Trigger plugin:
    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=143389
    HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
    (aka xplosiv)
    Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

MANY THANKS!

I have just downloaded it so will have a play over the next few nights hopefully!

David
    ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

No problem. Keep me posted! I would love to see actual examples of how people are using this.
      HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
      (aka xplosiv)

Comment

Ah, here's the discussion thread.

OK, What I do now for my moon graphic in HSTouch.

I have a device that tells me what the phase is. new, full, Waning Gibbous, Third Quarter etc, there are 8 phases that I use and have a graphic for.
        I have an event that I run as a recurring event that runs the script that changes the graphic in HSTouch.

Since it's a recurring event it runs far more than it has to considering the device changes only 8 times a month, but it does work.

What I was wondering was would I be able to use this plug-in to track that moon phase device string and only run the event when it changed? Sort of like a conditional trigger.

like if device changed to
        new
        or
        full
        or
        the other 6
        run the script.

I would think that if there were a trigger for ANY change in a specific device that would also work and run the script.

Even if not I can see possibilities for this, like I said in the other thread, you can't have enough triggers.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

You would indeed need 8 triggers, or use 1 trigger ('match (like)' and use '*' as the pattern) to trigger a script which can analyze the device string when executed.

I'm all about adding more trigger types, so if you can think of one that would make life easier, let me know.
          (aka xplosiv)

Comment

Originally posted by electron View Post
            You would indeed need 8 triggers, or use 1 trigger ('match (like)' and use '*' as the pattern) to trigger a script which can analyze the device string when executed.

I'm all about adding more trigger types, so if you can think of one that would make life easier, let me know.
            Thanks, I'll give that a try and let you know.
            Marty
            ------
            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Electron,

Good to see you on the HomeSeer front.

Your plugin looks very interesting. Perhaps I can check it out when I get a little time.

Brian

Comment

I tried using the '*' to stimulate any change in device string. The moon phase changed overnight but alas the trigger did not fire. Maybe just a trigger for any change would work better?
                Marty
                ------

Comment

Did you happen to have verbose logging turned on? I have added an 'any change' type trigger to my todo list, but it should have worked.
                  (aka xplosiv)

Comment

I just tested this myself, and it does work, so maybe there is something else going on here. What does the string look like? Did you select the 'match (like)' trigger?
                    (aka xplosiv)

Comment

Hmmm, I thought I had it right but i've been wrong before. I did not have verbose on but since it didn't run maybe nothing would have shown anyway. I'm turning it on now just to see if anything shows up. When I turned it on I see this in the log to start.

8/17/2010 9:10:32 AM my.Trigger TriggerUIFormat(): Device String: BLWeather Moon Phase matches (like) '*'

for string and value I get

INFO DeviceString = Waxing Gibbous - DeviceValue = 0

the event I set up looks like below.
                      Attached Files
                      Marty
                      ------

Comment

After a few minutes of verbose logging the log filled up with lots of entries that are not even my.trigger devices. I've turned off verbose logging for now, it made my log un-readable, ouch.
                        Attached Files
                        Marty
                        ------

Comment

Looks like you added quotes, which is why it didn't match. I should have mentioned not to use those quotes (so only use * as the pattern), my bad. Verbose logging does dump a lot of info, but it allows me to troubleshoot these things remotely. I'll be adding the Any trigger soon.
                          (aka xplosiv)

Comment

Looks like you added quotes, which is why it didn't match. I should have mentioned not to use those quotes (so only use * as the pattern), my bad. Verbose logging does dump a lot of info, but it allows me to troubleshoot these things remotely. I'll be adding the Any trigger soon.
                            See, somehow I just knew it was me. I'll remove the quotes and see how it goes. Thanks for straightening me out!
                            Marty
                            ------

Comment

Well... now that I have it set right it seems to work like a charm. No real need to add an ANY trigger since this seems to do the same thing.

Thanks again for the clarification.
                              Marty
                              ------

Comment

Working...
                              X