No announcement yet.

tenHsPower plugin request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry it took awhile to respond - out of town with birth of new grandson. I'll look at it when I return.
    tenholde

Comment

tenholde

Hope you're enjoying your new grandson As to my request 2 posts back - it all seems to be working properly afterall, which you probably observed when you checked it out. At the time my cache must have been messed up or something.

Comment

I think I've zeroed in on the (minor) issue mentioned before. If the AC Line Status device string contains data, then the icons can show up twice and since string data seems to overrides value, the pulldown doesn't function properly and the device can indicate that AC Line Status is OFFLINE even though it is back ONLINE. If I manually run this command after a power failure
        Code:
        &hs.setDeviceString "\1", clear
        , then all is well again.

I'm gathering that one of your plugin scripts sets the device string, rather than the value.

Comment

The drop-down control box on the HS Status screen really isn't intended for use, I just need to figure out how to disable it.

I checked using tenDisplayHsDevices, and the Value of the device changes when you use the drop-down box, but not the DeviceString.

I'm not sure why the device value and string do not change when your UPS comes on/off line. I'll look at the code.

Could you explain again exactly what is happening on your install, and what OS you are using.

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

I agree the drop-down control is not needed. I was just curious why it sometimes functioned and other times didn't and determined it was because device string overrides. When you create the device, did you add
            Code:
            Public Const MISC_STATUS_ONLY As Integer = &H10
            ? I think this creates a Status only device with no controls.

My device value does function, my OS is XP, and the plugin does work - I only wanted to point out that there seems to be a minor glitch (that you can leave alone if you want) when triggering from OFFLINE to ONLINE whereby data is added to device string as well.
            Last edited by ameridan; October 28, 2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Does your devicestring stay offline when your ups comes online?
              tenholde

Comment

Yes, but only for the extended power outages where the battery gets depleted. For quick power interuptions, the status is correct.

Comment

Could it be that the device is not being properly updated when HS restarts?
                  tenholde

Comment

Yes. It will remain on OFFLINE until a short power interuption fixes it.

Comment

Please try: http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/te...Downloads.aspx

Let me know if this corrects the problem.

tenholde
                      tenholde

Comment

I get the message: Not a valid install package.

By the way did you see my suggestion:

When you create the device, did you add

Code:
                        Public Const MISC_STATUS_ONLY As Integer = &H10
                        ? I think this creates a Status only device with no controls.

Comment

That's wierd, I'll see if I can figure it out.

dev.misc already has the &h10 bit set.

tenholde
                          tenholde

Comment

I'm not sure what happened. I had already installed and ran the newest version on my production machine and all was well.

I uploaded the install package to the web server (should have tested the install from the web server package instead of a local copy of it).

Since you had trouble with it, I tried reinstalling from the web server and I didn't get an error message, it just didn't install.

I updated the version number (3.7) and rebuilt the install package, uploaded it to the web server, and tried to install on my production HS machine. Same result, no install.

I booted the HS server and tried again with 3.7 from the web server, and it ran just fine.

The only thing I can figure is the .msi file somehow got corrupted in copying it. Once I ran the corrupted .msi, I could not get any .msi to install. Once I rebooted, the 3.7 .msi ran fine.

Let me know if: (1) 3.7 installs okay. (2) if not, how about a reboot and then try 3.7

Thanks for your patience,

tenholde
                            tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
                              The drop-down control box on the HS Status screen really isn't intended for use, I just need to figure out how to disable it.

I checked using tenDisplayHsDevices, and the Value of the device changes when you use the drop-down box, but not the DeviceString.

I'm not sure why the device value and string do not change when your UPS comes on/off line. I'll look at the code.

Could you explain again exactly what is happening on your install, and what OS you are using.

tenholde
                              Check your code where you are creating the dropdown.
                              The third parameter for DeviceValuesAdd controls whether the dropdown shows or not. Set it to false to hide the dropdown.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone
                              My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                              Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I deleted all of my tenHSPower devices, and then installed version 3.7 (which ran fine) and let it create the devices from scratch. It inserts data in both value and string and the pulldown still shows up, so I got a double icon again.

We'll have to wait for a power outage to see if it behaves properly though (maybe Sandy will cause one tonight)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X