iconIfier Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iconIfier Discussion Thread

Just a Thread for discussion of my iconIfier!

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=950958

Post if you want to!!
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Future improvments:
    ------------------------------
    -Automatic Install
    -Load all the icon definitions into memory, instead of needing to read the .ini EACH time a device
    changes
    -Nice webpage based "thing" to allow configuring the icon definitions...maybe even with a image "chooser", file/browser, image resizing...?
    -Delayed Icon change? <-- the intention of this would be for X10 security motion sense type devices. They say "alert" then "normal" so fast, that typically they only show motion for ~10-20 seconds. Might be nice to have them go "ON" for a user defined amount of time. Then have it get changed to OFF. Something based on my "updateEvent" script would be good for this (it is a script I use to run my house, where you just tell it a device or event name, then just update. If the event exists, it updates the run time, otherwise it creates a new event. It also handles "less than" 5 minutes in a different manor, as HS will RUN events on the minute, not on the second, but you can create events that run on the second which can LAUNCH the other events that are created for on the minute).

Any other updates/features?

(p.s. this is why I haven't finished my media remoteControl software...I was sidetracked with this and a few other things)
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Can I use this to update a virtual device to do a masquerade of data?

In other words, can it read a device (variable 0 on Ocelot) and post a new status based on a number I define?

If so, I would be willing to donate toward this one.

I am trying to learn scripting, but I must say, I am at my wits end on this one.

I am trying to convert a non linear value to represent a temperature of an in floor sensor:

example:
      if 233 display 67
      if 235 display 68
      if 239 display 70

Thanks for any input, I look forward to testing!

Travis

Comment

Travis,

I can walk you through the changes needed. It's really not that hard.

My only concern, can you tell if the script is getting called when your devices change? Typically the way this is setup, this script is only called at a device CHANGE, not a set.

If it works, you probably only need to add 5-6 lines of code at the END of the script.

Check that first, then we can talk about the changes needed for your needs. If this does not get called, I can help you setup an event and a script that will do what you want.

--Dan

Comment

Travis,

Did you ever get this figured out?

--Dan

Comment

Working...
          X