No announcement yet.

Snevl_WW Weather Warnings discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To add coastal flood advisory to the list of recognized alert types, unzip the attached XML file and put it in the Data\SnevlWeatherWarnings subdirectory under your root Homeseer directory, replacing the one that is there.

Back when I first wrote Snevl_WW, I found a text file of all the alert types, and simply converted it to an XML file. I had assumed it wasn't something that was very dynamic. If it is, I may need to build it from some source on-line instead of from my static XML file.

If anyone is seeing other alerts that don't match anything in the Snevl_WW list of alert types, please let me know.

Steve

EDIT: Removed the attachment, since another edit was required. See a few posts down.
    Last edited by stevea; April 24, 2011, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working well here Steve; but I am not comparing internet posted advisories and what the application pulls down.

...but do see the following when a regular alert is not configured for TTS.
      I only have one alert specified for TTS announcement; rest just go to the variables.

4/24/2011 8:56:04 AM Event Event Trigger "Alert Announce Done"
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

Probably won't cause any problem, but also probably not intended. I'll take a look at it and try and make it so that event is not triggered unless the announcement is actually made.

Steve

EDIT: On inspection, it looks like the logic is such that that event trigger can only happen right after an hs.speak(), so I'm not sure what you are seeing. When you say "I only have one alert specified for TTS announcement" can you explain what you mean? The script doesn't support specifying particular alerts for announcement.

Comment

Hydrologic Outlook Issued / Alerts types to ignore

I would like to ignore this event if possible it does not show up in the ignore list . Below is the warring:

A Unknown Hydrologic Outlook alert has been issued in the area of ...blah blah...</PRE>
          HS4 Environment
          Proxmox win11 / HS4
          Netiom-Xap board
          Plug-In's
          rnbWeather 4.4.2.0
          mcsMQTT V6.15.1.0
          mcsXap V3.0.0.72
          Zigbee Plus V1.0.0.0
          Zigbee V4.0.11.0

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by HomeTech View Post
            I would like to ignore this event if possible it does not show up in the ignore list . Below is the warring:

A Unknown Hydrologic Outlook alert has been issued in the area of ...blah blah...
            </PRE>
            Good grief. "Unknown Hydrologic Outlook"?! You've got to be kidding me.

I can't seem to find the site where I found the names of all the alerts, but clearly they have changed. I'll add this weird one, but if anyone can find a site on the internet where these things are maintained, please let me know.

Steve

Comment

Ok, here's another update to the warning types list, adding "Unknown Hydrologic Outlook" (and the already added "Coastal Flood Advisory"). Unzip, and put the XML file in your Data\SnevlWeatherWarnings subdirectory under your Homeseer directory.

Steve
              Attached Files

Comment

EDIT: On inspection, it looks like the logic is such that that event trigger can only happen right after an hs.speak(), so I'm not sure what you are seeing. When you say "I only have one alert specified for TTS announcement" can you explain what you mean? The script doesn't support specifying particular alerts for announcement.
                I have it set up as attached. My supposition is that only a tornado warning will utilize TTS. I am currently seeing the advisories but not utilizing TTS for same said advisories.

Am I wrong understanding the configuration?
                Attached Files
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

I assume that you have the "Enable TTS" check box checked. It's a little hard to see in your screen capture. If it isn't, then nothing (even tonado warnings) will get announced.

You've selected quite a number of alert types to ignore, but there are still some you are not ignoring. If you are not ignoring them, they will be announced.

It looks like you've got Tornado Warnings as the only High Priority alert type. That one will be announced independent of time of day.

It still doesn't explain how you could be getting the event trigger without an announcement. Strange....

Steve

Comment

I assume that you have the "Enable TTS" check box checked.
                    Yes.

I am not hearing any of the alerts via TTS. Am I supposed to?

Current Flood Advisory is:

Severity: Minor Urgency: Expected Certainty: Likely
                    Template:

Your attention please. A $SEVERITY $WARNINGTYPE has been issued.
                    I would expect to hear:

Your attention please. A minor Flood Advisory has been issued.
                    I am not; but maybe it happened in the middle of the night? Looking at it; it did not:

Flood Advisory issued April 24 at 9:56AM CDT expiring April 26 at 8:30PM CDT by NWS Chicago
                    4/24/2011 8:56:04 AM - Event - Event Trigger "Alert Announce Done"
                    4/24/2011 8:56:04 AM - Event - Event Trigger "Alert Announce Done"
                    4/24/2011 10:26:05 AM - Event - Event Trigger "New Alert"
                    4/24/2011 10:26:05 AM - Event - Event Trigger "Alert Announce Done"
                    4/24/2011 10:41:04 AM - Event - Event Trigger "Alert Announce Done"
                    4/24/2011 10:56:04 AM - Event - Event Trigger "Alert Announce Done"
                    Last edited by Pete; April 24, 2011, 03:52 PM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

Well, first of all, "Flood Advisory" is yet another one that is not in my list. This is getting to be a problem. However, let me stay focused on your situation for a mintute.

I really don't get what is happening. It certainly looks like you should be getting announcements. And the even trigger doesn't look as though it can even happen unless announcements are made. Are other TTS things working OK?

Is anyone else on the thread having this problem?

Steve

Comment

Hello Steve,

Apologies regarding the "Flood Advisory" thing. I am polling multiple nearby / surround counties in NW Illinois.

(Will, Cook, Kankakee, DuPage)

I only have a few TTS events running. (its a WAF thing).

1 - Hourly Chime
                        2 - garage door (s) open or closed
                        3 - doorbell
                        4 - some outdoor motion events (way tweaked now so its kind of specific - IE: had birds building a nest near one setup that was driving wife nuts).
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

I had the TTS issue after the last update, I had to disable the TTS in the script save, then reenable it and it started speaking again.

Thom

Steve,

I just had a neat warning.

Ant Warning, Tyler West Virginia, Ants will be an issue this year due to high sap amounts.

Just kidding.

Thom

Comment

Thanks Thom.

Will disable TTS, save, re-enable TTS and save again.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Another Flood advisory came across tonight. No TTS was heard.

Flood Advisory issued April 24 at 8:57PM CDT expiring April 26 at 8:30PM CDT by NWS Chicago
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                                Good grief. "Unknown Hydrologic Outlook"?! You've got to be kidding me.

I can't seem to find the site where I found the names of all the alerts, but clearly they have changed. I'll add this weird one, but if anyone can find a site on the internet where these things are maintained, please let me know.

Steve
                                Found this...

http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/product_list.txt

as a link saying, (A list of possible data that is populated in the <event> field is available here) ,off of...

http://alerts.weather.gov/

There are a larger number in the linked file, but there is a pretty old date on the file too. Also, I don't see the hydrologic outlook type. However, there is a hydrologic advisory.

Steve, I've attached a merged file to help out. You may want to check this out before giving the go-ahead. Note that as part of the process they were alphabetized. Before they seemed to be in kind of a severity order and I wasn't sure if that was important.
                                Attached Files
                                - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                                Web Site
                                YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X