X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenAcres View Post
    My registry entry points to c:\Homeseer

Thom
    This is very strange. Your registry entry also points to something other than your HomeSeer installation? Do you have anything actually at "c:\Homeseer" ?

tenholde
    tenholde

Comment

Yes this is where Homeseer is installed!

I am holding off on the current beta until things get fixed.

Thom

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
      This is very strange. Your registry entry also points to something other than your HomeSeer installation? Do you have anything actually at "c:\Homeseer" ?

tenholde

Comment

It is not working. See attached.

Will revert back to my edited version.

Thom

The web page has been updated. Version 2.1 Notes:

> Improved overall appearance

> Default displays HomeSeer header and footers -- can be turned off via URL parameters: hsheader=n and hsfooter=no

> Updated documentation

A zip file with just the updated files (web page and documentation) is located at:

http://www.tenholder.net/temp/SnevlW...rnings_2.1.zip

Sample Page

tenholde
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
          Thom,

Not to worry! This is like it used to be for us old timers: Collaboration. tenhold and I are both doing everything very open, and he and I are working together on this thing. To be honest, this may be tapping into an area of expertise that I just don't have. I think Ed does this more than I do, and so will make it better. Consider tenhold + snevl = better!

The other good news: I would guess that if either of us gets hit by the beer truck, the other will be able to carry on. Good for all.

Steve
          Guys - great work - like others, I was worried that my weather alerts would go away. Just the opposite, I'm getting much more now and appreciate the hard work that went into developing this. Only one suggestion, and my apologies if I missed them, but I didn't find any instructions. I ran the MSI and sort of wandered around until I found the information needed to run the config. Config and web display were self explanatory - it was just getting there that was a little tricky!

Thanks again

Matt Z.

Comment

Originally posted by mattz View Post
            Guys - great work - like others, I was worried that my weather alerts would go away. Just the opposite, I'm getting much more now and appreciate the hard work that went into developing this. Only one suggestion, and my apologies if I missed them, but I didn't find any instructions. I ran the MSI and sort of wandered around until I found the information needed to run the config. Config and web display were self explanatory - it was just getting there that was a little tricky!

Thanks again

Matt Z.
            Matt,
            You make a good point. The instructions are in these forums, but if you just install the package, it kind of leaves you hanging. Here are some possibilities:

(1) the installer could automatically open up the Snevl documentation
            (2) the installer could add entries to the windows Start menu pointing to the documentation and the config and web pages
            (3) a desktop shortcut could be created pointing to the documentation

Are one or more of these acceptable?

tenholde
            tenholde

Comment

GreenAcres,

I'm trying to understand what the cause of the problems you are experiencing might be.

In post #57, you seemed to indicate that the installer also placed the files at the wrong place for you. When you indicated that c:\homeseer was the entry in your registry for the HS install directory, I thought that that was incorrect. When you indicated that c:\homeseer was indeed where your HS installation resides, I should have followed up with you further. Did the installer not place all of the files into the proper sub-folders under c:\homeseer? I would appreciate it if you could recreate the install and match file locations to the ones I posted earlier.

It is very difficult to understand what might be happening per post #63. Is it possible for you to try clearing all of the related files and then installing the 2.0 package and then overlay the new .aspx file from the last upgrade and try it? If you get the same kind of result, would you mind spending a short time trying to diagnose what might be going on?

Any help would be appreciated,

tenholde
              tenholde

Comment

Matt,
                You make a good point. The instructions are in these forums, but if you just install the package, it kind of leaves you hanging. Here are some possibilities:

(1) the installer could automatically open up the Snevl documentation
                (2) the installer could add entries to the windows Start menu pointing to the documentation and the config and web pages
                (3) a desktop shortcut could be created pointing to the documentation

Are one or more of these acceptable?

tenholde
                Hi tenholde - Personally, I'd prefer option 1. I don't need any more shortcuts or entries in my "Programs" section!

Another feature suggestion - I wouldn't mind it automatically setting up the links automatically in HS, but that one isn't a big deal.

Thanks again, great app

Matt Z

Comment

All file are now in the proper folder.

When I use my version all is fine, replacing with your file, it does not work.

Your screen looks like the file I attached.

Thom

GreenAcres,

I'm trying to understand what the cause of the problems you are experiencing might be.

In post #57, you seemed to indicate that the installer also placed the files at the wrong place for you. When you indicated that c:\homeseer was the entry in your registry for the HS install directory, I thought that that was incorrect. When you indicated that c:\homeseer was indeed where your HS installation resides, I should have followed up with you further. Did the installer not place all of the files into the proper sub-folders under c:\homeseer? I would appreciate it if you could recreate the install and match file locations to the ones I posted earlier.

It is very difficult to understand what might be happening per post #63. Is it possible for you to try clearing all of the related files and then installing the 2.0 package and then overlay the new .aspx file from the last upgrade and try it? If you get the same kind of result, would you mind spending a short time trying to diagnose what might be going on?

Any help would be appreciated,

tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by mattz View Post

Thanks again

Matt Z.
                    Matt,

First, thanks for the kind words.

In the way I normally do things, the documentation is just in a ZIP. I've long wanted to have some sort of installer to make things go simpler, so as tenholde and I got into how we were going to do things, I guess I lost track of the fact that the instructions about bringing up the config page essentially required you to bring up the config page first. Ooops!

As I was telling Ed, I am wondering of we need to provide two different ZIPs for whatever version is current: One that is a ZIP file, and one that is an installer. I think maybe my infatuation with the idea of an installer was a case of "the grass is always greener". Still, I'm sure we will work through the bumps.

In any case, I'm glad that so many people are able to make some use of it. As we get these issues worked out, we'll make it so it is painless to update. Ed is way smarter than me about the installer - I just write code....

Steve

Comment

Steve and Ed: terrific work! It runs "out of the box" and is easy to configure.

Small request though: can you increase the input field for the To Address:
                      for email alerts to include multiple email addresses? I guess I could use the created event to do that but it would be easier to just enter the addresses there.

Thanks,

Mitch
                      http://www.midondesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Midon View Post
                        Steve and Ed: terrific work! It runs "out of the box" and is easy to configure.

Small request though: can you increase the input field for the To Address:
                        for email alerts to include multiple email addresses? I guess I could use the created event to do that but it would be easier to just enter the addresses there.

Thanks,

Mitch
                        Doh! Blame copy/paste, I guess. I had it set to 40 characters max, which isn't real long for an email address. I just bumped it up to 240, which I assume will be OK. I made the mode to both TO addresses and both FROM addresses. I'll talk to Ed about about when we will do our next post.

Steve

Comment

Bump

It is not working. See attached.

Will revert back to my edited version.

Thom

Comment

All file are now in the proper folder.

When I use my version all is fine, replacing with your file, it does not work.

Your screen looks like the file I attached.

Thom
                            Did you fully delete all related files and then rerun the installer?

tenholde
                            tenholde

Comment

Bump
                              I haven't heard back from you relative to any attempt at diagnosing what might be happening. You seem like a very capable guy, you've been able to modify what I distributed to suit your needs, it seems to work for you. Have you taken a look at what might be happening and do you have any suggestions? It is hard to diagnose what might be going on in your environment without some kind of clue. Sometimes, just a picture is not worth 1000 words.

tenholde
                              tenholde

Comment

Oops

Plain and simple. I installed it but can not make it work. I have HS Pro. Where do I begin please. Thank you.

I ran the installer. I guess I am just "Not with it"

Jack

Comment

Working...
                                X