Snevl_WW Weather Warnings discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackreilly View Post
    Plain and simple. I installed it but can not make it work. I have HS Pro. Where do I begin please. Thank you.

I ran the installer. I guess I am just "Not with it"

Jack
    Jack,
    Having run the installer, you need to bring up the config page. Depending on your HS set up, it will be something like:

http://192.168.1.2/SnevlWeatherWarni...ngsConfig.aspx

From there, you can click on one of the links on the top of the page to get the User Manual for Snevl Weather Warnings.

Sorry for the confusion.

Steve

Comment

Not Yet

Thanks for the help. This seems to be the path: http://192.168.3.128/html/tenHsWeath...ge/config.aspx

It didn't work though. What am I missing? No WeatherAlerts page in HomeSeer.

Jack

Comment

Try This

http://192.168.3.128/SnevlWeatherWar...ngsConfig.aspx

Thom

Thanks for the help. This seems to be the path: http://192.168.3.128/html/tenHsWeath...ge/config.aspx

Jack

Comment

Here is my modified one, I can not see why yours is not working. All I did was copy the Homeseer example for header and footer.

Thom

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
          I haven't heard back from you relative to any attempt at diagnosing what might be happening. You seem like a very capable guy, you've been able to modify what I distributed to suit your needs, it seems to work for you. Have you taken a look at what might be happening and do you have any suggestions? It is hard to diagnose what might be going on in your environment without some kind of clue. Sometimes, just a picture is not worth 1000 words.

tenholde
          Attached Files

Comment

This worked for the weather Alerts. Once there the Config file doesn't work.

http://192.168.3.128/tenHsWeatherAle...lertsPage.aspx

I do not have a directory that begins with Snevl. My directory structure is HTML\tenHsWeatherAlertsPage. The only Config file I see is web.config. It appears that no config file installed.

Thank you.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by GreenAcres View Post
              Here is my modified one, I can not see why yours is not working. All I did was copy the Homeseer example for header and footer.

Thom
              Some thoughts:

(1) What browser and version are you using

(2) Could you display your page, View Source, save it and send it to me. Do same for my page. I'd like to see what is being rendered.

(3) Try Compatibility View. Tools/Compatibility View

If you send me your email address via: http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/Email.aspx I will send you my email back (I don't like to post email addresses).

Thanks,

tenholde
              tenholde

Comment

Jack
                Well, that certainly isn't the path to bring up the Snevl_WW config page. If that is your Homeseer server IP address, the Snevl_WW config page should be at:

http://192.168.3.128/SnevlWeatherWar...ngsConfig.aspx

When you say "it didn't work", do you only mean that the config page didn't come up? Or something else? Like I said, once you get in the config page, click on the User Manual link at the top, and follow the instructions. You'll need to set up all the config, then create a recurring event to fire off the script.

The installer nor the config create any buttons for you. You'll probably want to create one to point to either the config page or tenholde's alerts page. I think in the next version of the installer Ed is giving you an option to add a button automatically.

Steve

Comment

This worked for the weather Alerts. Once there the Config file doesn't work.

http://192.168.3.128/tenHsWeatherAle...lertsPage.aspx

I do not have a directory that begins with Snevl. My directory structure is HTML\tenHsWeatherAlertsPage. The only Config file I see is web.config. It appears that no config file installed.

Thank you.

Jack
                  I didn't see this second post. Sorry. If you have the tenHsWeatherAlertsPage directory I think it means you didn't run the SnevlWeatherAlerts installer, which is here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=147339

I think Ed had the installer install in that directory the very first time he uploaded it, but it has been updated since then. Not sure how you would not get the Snevl directory under html, but downloading the installer (at the link I've provided) and rerunning should fix it.

Steve

Comment

Attached are the files you asked for. I am running IE8 and compatability did nothing for the issue.

I sent you my email address.

Thanks

Thom

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
                    Some thoughts:

(1) What browser and version are you using

(2) Could you display your page, View Source, save it and send it to me. Do same for my page. I'd like to see what is being rendered.

(3) Try Compatibility View. Tools/Compatibility View

If you send me your email address via: http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/Email.aspx I will send you my email back (I don't like to post email addresses).

Thanks,

tenholde
                    Attached Files

Comment

Fixed

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much. You were correct. Whatever I ran was the problem. Some files were installed but not all.

My thanks to you and Ed for all your work. Special thanks to you for your help and kindness. Excellent product.

Jack

Comment

Great Script!

I second that. Thanks for all the hard work. I installad, and set everything up with no hickups. Great addition to my HS2 setup.

Comment

LED sign seems to be stuck...

After getting a weather warning the sign seems to be stuck and will not shut off....

If it makes a difference - I am not running an "idle" message.

here is the log....
                          2/23/2011 8:37:57 PM Event Event Trigger "Snevl_bb pop from queue - 5829 (delayed event)"
                          2/23/2011 8:37:57 PM Event Event Trigger "Snevl_bb pop from queue - 5829"
                          2/23/2011 8:37:57 PM Event Running script and waiting: snevl_bb.vben("pop_msg","1")
                          2/23/2011 8:38:17 PM Warning Timeout waiting for COM Port write to finish
                          2/23/2011 8:38:37 PM Warning Timeout waiting for COM Port write to finish
                          2/23/2011 8:38:57 PM Warning Timeout waiting for COM Port write to finish
                          2/23/2011 8:39:17 PM Warning Timeout waiting for COM Port write to finish
                          2/23/2011 8:39:37 PM Warning Timeout waiting for COM Port write to finish
                          2/23/2011 8:39:57 PM Warning Timeout waiting for COM Port write to finish
                          2/23/2011 8:40:17 PM Warning Timeout waiting for COM Port write to finish
                          2/23/2011 8:40:37 PM Warning Timeout waiting for COM Port write to finish

Comment

Originally posted by gelessor View Post
                            After getting a weather warning the sign seems to be stuck and will not shut off....

If it makes a difference - I am not running an "idle" message.
                            Bill,

Those log messages indicate that HS is unable to communicate to the sign via the COM port. Chances are all other communication with the sign has stopped too. You need to look at what happened to the COM port. You can try rebooting, but I'm not sure what would cause the COM port to lock up.

Steve

Comment

Great program, we just now got a warning since you put it on the web, so I havent gotten a chance to see if it was working for me. Not that I was hoping for one, but we got it today and its working great. Thank you
                              danielbo

Comment

I'm coordinating with Ed on the next version release. I know Ed has made some changes, but the only changes I've made so far are:
                                1. Extended the email address fields to 240 characters (was 40)
                                2. Added the option to specify some VBScript statements to be executed before and/or after the announcement is made. Separate fields are provided for VBScript statements before/after either high-priority or regular alerts. (Right now I have it immediately before the hs.speak() of the announcement, but perhaps I should put the playing of any WAV/MP3 file after the pre-script, and before the post-script.... I'm looking for any feedback people may have.)
                                If there are other things that should be addressed before the next release. I'm kinda guessing this may be the last one for quite a while, as it seems like we've gotten most things people wanted in there. So, speak now or put up with it!

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X