Snevl_WW Weather Warnings discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
    The dialog with the check boxes for selecting options should have a Continue button that when clicked will complete installation.

Does this button appear? Clicking it does nothing?

By the time the installation gets to the dialog, all of the files should be installed already (options not set).

Did the documentation ever display? Could you check to see if the new programs were installed (new text boxes in the configuration page for entering script info)? Also, is the new Weather Warnings button now displayed in the HomeSeer header?

Thanks,

tenholde
    The "Continue Button" did not appear the four times I tried installing. What do you recommend? Gary

Comment

Gary,

That is really strange that the dialog box does not display the Continue button. My only guess is that for some reason the dialog is somehow sized so that the button is not displayed.

There should be a new installer uploaded by Steve sometime today. Steve has corrected a problem with device creation and I've done the following to the installer to try to eleviate your problem:

(1) Resized the install dialog
      (2) Made the install dialog resizable so that you can try to see if the Continue button is there somewhere
      (3) Pressing Enter while the dialog has focus will function the same as clicking the Continue button

Please try version 2.5.1 when it is uploaded and let me know.

Thanks for your patience,

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

Now that the Snevl Weather Warnings are in place, I wanted to take the time to thank Steve for the fantastic job he has done in developing this script. Like many, my code broke when NWS changed their feed, and I was about to sit down and rewrite my code when I saw this thread.

I am using custom vb.net code running on display panels around the house. One function was monitoring and displaying weather alerts. I was doing the continual checking for alerts from each panel. Now that I am using Steve's script, all of the alert download and checking is done for me and all I have to do at the panels is check one device to see if there are any alerts.

I developed the web page to use for the display at each panel. Simple logic now at the panel: Check the Alert Count device and if there are any alerts, display the web page on the panel.

Here is an image from one of the panels:

The .net code to display the page is simple:

Code:
         b = New WebBrowser
                Me.pnlCenter.Controls.Add(b)
                b.Width = Me.pnlCenter.Width
                b.Height = Me.pnlCenter.Height
                b.ScrollBarsEnabled = True
                b.ScriptErrorsSuppressed = True
                AddHandler b.ParentChanged, AddressOf ControlParentChangedHandler
                b.Navigate("http://homeseer:81/SnevlWeatherWarnings/tenHsWeatherAlertsPage.aspx?hsheader=N&hl=Y&hsfooter=N")
        Embedding the Alerts Page into an HsTouch screen should be trivial.

Thanks again to Steve for a great product!

tenholde
        tenholde

Comment

Steve

The run script after event is stopped working

Thom

Comment

Originally posted by GreenAcres View Post
            Steve

The run script after event is stopped working

Thom
            Thom,

I don't know what event you are talking about. There is the "New Alert" and "After Announce" events. To my knowledge, you may be the only one that was wanting to use the "After Announce" event. Is that the one you mean?

Steve

Comment

Does the new 2.6 version include Ed's 2.5.1 fix? (just checking...)
              Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
                Does the new 2.6 version include Ed's 2.5.1 fix? (just checking...)
                Yes.

Comment

I am having problems keeping up, where is 2.6 posted? The program was working fine for me, now today I never got any warnings and that was after I loaded 2.5, so now I am looking for 2.6.
                  Thanks guys for putting in so much time to make such a great and helpful program. Five thumbs up for the great job. But could someone tell me where the the 2.6 is.
                  Thanks,
                  danielbo

Comment

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...030#post960030

tenholde
                    tenholde

Comment

Yes Steve

The event that runs after an alert is spoken is the one that is no longer working

Thom

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                      Thom,

I don't know what event you are talking about. There is the "New Alert" and "After Announce" events. To my knowledge, you may be the only one that was wanting to use the "After Announce" event. Is that the one you mean?

Steve

Comment

Thom,

I just checked the code, and it is still there. It clearly will attempt to trigger the "Alert Announce Done" event if it exists. If it isn't working any longer for you, check these things:
                        1. Did you rename the event? You can't do that.
                        2. Does the HS log indicate any errors during the announcement? If the script exits due to an abort, it won't get there.

EDIT: I also just checked, and the event has been triggering on my system. I don't have any actions assigned to the event, but I can see that it triggered.

Steve
                        Last edited by stevea; March 1, 2011, 07:04 AM.

Comment

I just installed v2.6. I had no previous version installed. Devices are not being created and also I am getting an error when running the script.

/1/2011 2:37:06 PM Error Script compile error: 'RunScript' is not a member of 'Scheduler.hsapplication'.on line 877

Thanks,
                          Bob M
                          Last edited by rmuziani; March 1, 2011, 03:48 PM.

Comment

rmuziani,

The first problem is caused by the second one. The second problem is caused by me using a homeseer function that is relatively new, and you have an old version. What version of HS are you running? (I feel like Rupp just for asking).

Steve

P.s. You may want to edit your post to delete all that code dump. I don't need it, and it just makes the thread hard to read.

Comment

HomeSeer version 2.3.0.18

Comment

Originally posted by rmuziani View Post
                                HomeSeer version 2.3.0.18
                                Well, if you are not interested in upgrading to something 2.4 or higher (and I would not blame you), I would have to rework how I do the stuff I just added to 2.5. You can try version 1.0 (i could email it to you), or you can wait for me to completely redo it for the next version. Sorry.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X