Snevl_WW Weather Warnings discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevea View Post
    If there are other things that should be addressed before the next release. I'm kinda guessing this may be the last one for quite a while, as it seems like we've gotten most things people wanted in there. So, speak now or put up with it!

Steve
    How about hiding the devices when there is no warning? The original script had an option for that, but I don't think it worked. It would be nice to have those unused devices hidden when they're not holding a warning.

As always, thanks for all the hard work guys!!
    Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
      How about hiding the devices when there is no warning? The original script had an option for that, but I don't think it worked. It would be nice to have those unused devices hidden when they're not holding a warning.
      I've never been a big fan of the idea of a script or plug-in hiding devices. I can understand the idea, but that just seems like something that only a user should do. I'll keep it in mind for now (and wait and see how others feel), but for this release I think we'll leave them visible.

Steve

Comment

v2.5 Update

The library thread (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...030#post960030) has been updated with the ZIP'd installer for v2.5 of SnevlWeatherWarnings. The changes made by tenolde and I:
        • Updated the email / text message address strings to a longer 240 character maximum
        • Add the option to specify VBScript statements to be executed before and/or after the announcement. This may be useful to (for example) turn speakers ON and OFF.
        • The Alerts page (tenholde's) has the Homeseer header corrected
        • The re-direct pages have been removed
        • The installer now has two options: To install a menu button for Weather Warnings, and to view the documentation as the install completes.
        Post any comments, issues, or suggestions for either Ed or I in this thread.

Steve

Comment

I've never been a big fan of the idea of a script or plug-in hiding devices. I can understand the idea, but that just seems like something that only a user should do. I'll keep it in mind for now (and wait and see how others feel), but for this release I think we'll leave them visible.

Steve
          I agree with you there, Steve. The old script had it as an option (a check box) in the configuration so the user WAS involved with the decision to hide the devices. I would suggest making the "table" of five warnings hide able (spell checker didn't like hideable) and leave the main devices visible to confirm to the user that there currently there are no warnings.

Have I said it before? Awesome work all!!
          Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

The New Install is hanging and I have to ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out of the install. This happens near the very end when the window appers for "Add button to Home Seer headings" "View documentation upon installation upon completion."

No matter what action I take nothing moves. I can change the check marks on the New Window, however, no new box appears such has NEXT etc, for me to move along in the installation, all is frozen.

I even tried re-downloading and got the same results. Gary

Comment

Originally posted by jgary View Post
              The New Install is hanging and I have to ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out of the install. This happens near the very end when the window appers for "Add button to Home Seer headings" "View documentation upon installation upon completion."

No matter what action I take nothing moves. I can change the check marks on the New Window, however, no new box appears such has NEXT etc, for me to move along in the installation, all is frozen.

I even tried re-downloading and got the same results. Gary
              The dialog with the check boxes for selecting options should have a Continue button that when clicked will complete installation.

Does this button appear? Clicking it does nothing?

By the time the installation gets to the dialog, all of the files should be installed already (options not set).

Did the documentation ever display? Could you check to see if the new programs were installed (new text boxes in the configuration page for entering script info)? Also, is the new Weather Warnings button now displayed in the HomeSeer header?

Thanks,

tenholde
              tenholde

Comment

Great job guys! Upgraded to v2.5 with no problems at all

Have 5 warning right now, anything from fog /heavy rains/high winds/large hail
                and even a Tornado watch going on.
                -Mike-

-Home automation powered by the wind and sun-
                Zotac 9300g-Q9400s-4gb ram-Intel 120 SSD-MS XP
                HS 2.5.0.20, BLlan,BLweather,MCSXap,Jon00 graphing,Jon00 Whois,Snevl/Ten WeatherAlerts
                W2c,Ztroller,z-wave+18,Q100D's,Silex 3000gb
                Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 on top of Xenserve
                Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 Zotac D525 atom

Comment

Originally posted by zap View Post
                  Great job guys! Upgraded to v2.5 with no problems at all

Have 5 warning right now, anything from fog /heavy rains/high winds/large hail
                  and even a Tornado watch going on.
                  Wow! Sounds like Dorothy gave us the right view of Kansas. Seen any munchkins flying by?

Steve

Comment

Wow! Sounds like Dorothy gave us the right view of Kansas. Seen any munchkins flying by?

Steve
                    No Munchkins yet, but have seen a few wicked witches in the area
                    -Mike-

HS 2.5.0.20, BLlan,BLweather,MCSXap,Jon00 graphing,Jon00 Whois,Snevl/Ten WeatherAlerts

Comment

Stevea,

I do get something strange with TTS,(Severe Severe)
                      don't think it said that before.

2/27/2011 4:24:46 PM Event Event Trigger "Weather Warning"
                      2/27/2011 4:24:46 PM Event Running script in background: SnevlWeatherWarnings.vb
                      2/27/2011 4:24:46 PM TTS Speak (*:*):Please - Your attention please. A Severe Severe Thunderstorm Watch has been issued!
                      2/27/2011 4:24:52 PM TTS Speak (*:*):Please - Your attention please. A Severe Tornado Watch has been issued!
                      2/27/2011 4:24:57 PM Event Event Trigger "Alert Announce Done"
                      -Mike-

Comment

I bet you have the severity followed by the warning type. Severe is the severity, and the warning says severe t-storm. Right?
                        Originally posted by zap View Post
                        Stevea,

I do get something strange with TTS,(Severe Severe)
                        don't think it said that before.

2/27/2011 4:24:46 PM Event Event Trigger "Weather Warning"
                        2/27/2011 4:24:46 PM Event Running script in background: SnevlWeatherWarnings.vb
                        2/27/2011 4:24:46 PM TTS Speak (*:*):Please - Your attention please. A Severe Severe Thunderstorm Watch has been issued!
                        2/27/2011 4:24:52 PM TTS Speak (*:*):Please - Your attention please. A Severe Tornado Watch has been issued!
                        2/27/2011 4:24:57 PM Event Event Trigger "Alert Announce Done"

Comment

I bet you have the severity followed by the warning type. Severe is the severity, and the warning says severe t-storm. Right?
                          Yes think so.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by zap; February 27, 2011, 06:11 PM.
                          -Mike-

Comment

v2.0 global devices not created.

Sorry, I've not had a chance to install 2.5 yet, but I would like to report an issue with 2.0.

This is a new install, starting with 2.0. I had no previous installs and that may be key.

The problem I am seeing is that configuring of any of the 5 "global devices" never works. In the configuration, you can set them to something like "w1, w2, etc." but after saving and going back in they are reset to XX. Those devices are never created (even after running the script). However "devices for each alert" section does work correctly.

What I did find is that there appears to be no section of settings in the .ini file for the 5 global devices. The section and settings for each of the "devices for each alert" does exist.

Perhaps the section in the .INI file was initially in earlier releases of Snevl_WW, and those 5 globals was later accidentally removed? And perhaps if the section doesn't exist in in the .INI file those are not being added by the script (IOW: They must already exist)

I'll install 2.5 and see if that corrects anything (I'll rename the current .INI file just in case a corrected version only gets installed in case it doesn't already exist)

Regards,
                            Bryan

Comment

Missing SaveINISettings for global devices.

Following on to the previous post:

I've installed v2.5 and the situation remains the same.

I've dug into the code/scripts a bit and have determined that the 5 global device codes are never saved. They are properly (attempted) to be read from the .ini file, but never saved out. As I mentioned, perhaps the "hs.SaveINISetting" for those 5 was there in earlier releases, and therefore the problem is not noticed by the developers now.

The rest of the device codes are saved (via a loop), but never is there a save setting for "AnnounceControl", "EmailControl", "TextMsgControl", "AltertCount", and "AcknowlegeAll".

Comment

Bryan,

I'm really sorry. I made lots of changes to v2.0 in the area of saving the settings, and must have dropped those.

I'm out of town on business right now, and can't do much. I'll be back home on Wednesday and will fix it, and post a new version of just the config editor page.

Steve

EDIT: I forgot that I had a file transfer capability here that I hadn't ever tried. I think I've made the fixes, and the corrected file is attached. Unzip and place in the html\SnevlWeatherWarnings folder.

EDIT 2: I started to delete the attachment, as I've uploaded the corrected full install v2.6. However, for those who want to keep v2.5 the attachment should be all that's needed.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by stevea; February 28, 2011, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X