AOcomics Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOcomics Discussion

This script will download and build HTML pages with daily comics. I currently have 294 individual strips that I can fetch.

This is my first script, so it will be a little rough around the edges and the configuration might be a pain to set up the first time!

Feedback and suggested enhancements for the coming plug-in are welcome.

Installed and runs great! Thanks!!
    Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Haven't looked at it yet, but a config based on a .ini file is generally easy to setup.

I use them quite a bit in my stuff.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Just installed and works perfectly! Lots'o'comics!!
        Mike

Comment

Great job! For some reason though, "The Dinette Set" saves the file as the_dinette_setgif rather than the_dinette_set.gif and although thedinetteset.gif saves properly, the html code is looking for thedinettesetgif
          Last edited by ameridan; April 9, 2011, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Dan,
            Are you using the arcamax or the comicscom line for The Dinette Set? I will fix the version you are using, but go ahead and activate the other one.

Comment

It was easier to fix the comicscom version - just rename the gif file, so that is the version I'm using for now.

Comment

Version 0.9.01 released.

Fixed Arcamax strips being saved without "." between the comic name and the image type.

Fixed Cornered Sunday comic and added 62 Editorial cartoons.

Mickey

Comment

I get the following errors after upgrading to v0.9.01:

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>4/10/2011 11:32:10 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>AOcomics </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Starting AOcomics version: 0.9.0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>4/10/2011 11:32:10 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>AOcomics </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Completed AOcomics.ini section</TD></TR><TR><TD class=yellow noWrap align=left>4/10/2011 11:32:10 AM </TD><TD class=yellow colSpan=3 align=left>AOcomics </TD><TD class=yellow colSpan=8 align=left>Regex Definition file version: 0.9.0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>4/10/2011 11:32:10 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>AOcomics </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Completed reading regex.ao section</TD></TR><TR><TD class=yellow noWrap align=left>4/10/2011 11:32:10 AM </TD><TD class=yellow colSpan=3 align=left>AOcomics </TD><TD class=yellow colSpan=8 align=left>Strip Definition file version: 0.9.01</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>4/10/2011 11:32:21 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>AOcomics </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Error in reading ComicsKingdom Search for comic 9 to 5. Using http://content.comicskingdom.net/9_t...0410_hires.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=red noWrap align=left>4/10/2011 11:32:21 AM </TD><TD class=red colSpan=3 align=left>AOcomics </TD><TD class=red colSpan=8 align=left>The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>4/10/2011 11:32:42 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>AOcomics </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Error in reading ComicsKingdom Search for comic Bottom Liners. Using http://content.comicskingdom.net/Bot...0410_hires.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=red noWrap align=left>4/10/2011 11:32:42 AM </TD><TD class=red colSpan=3 align=left>AOcomics </TD><TD class=red colSpan=8 align=left>The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>4/10/2011 11:33:18 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>AOcomics </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Error in reading Girls With Slingshots image. Using </TD></TR><TR><TD class=red noWrap align=left>4/10/2011 11:33:18 AM </TD><TD class=red colSpan=3 align=left>AOcomics </TD><TD class=red colSpan=8 align=left>Invalid URI: The URI is empty.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>4/10/2011 11:34:01 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>AOcomics </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Error in reading ComicsKingdom Search for comic Safe Havens. Using http://content.comicskingdom.net/Saf...0410_hires.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=red noWrap align=left>4/10/2011 11:34:01 AM </TD><TD class=red colSpan=3 align=left>AOcomics </TD><TD class=red colSpan=8 align=left>The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=yellow noWrap align=left>4/10/2011 11:35:16 AM </TD><TD class=yellow colSpan=3 align=left>AOcomics </TD><TD class=yellow colSpan=8 align=left>Finished today's AOcomics run</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Note I only copied over the two changed files (AOcomics.vben & Stripdef.ao), if this makes a difference.

Update: replaced all files, still get same errors.
                  Mike

Comment

Those comics do not have Sunday strips available.

Comment

Oh gotcha! Would be nice to have these stripped out of the error log then .
                      Mike

Comment

Error in processing

I'm seeing this error every morning:

4/21/2011 4:04:21 AM AOcomics Finished today's AOcomics run
                        4/21/2011 4:01:58 AM AOcomics Invalid URI: The URI is empty.
                        4/21/2011 4:01:58 AM AOcomics Error in reading image on arcamax.com Search for comic Hagar the Horrible. Using
                        4/21/2011 4:00:01 AM AOcomics Strip Definition file version: 0.9.01
                        4/21/2011 4:00:00 AM AOcomics Completed reading regex.ao section
                        4/21/2011 4:00:00 AM AOcomics Regex Definition file version: 0.9.0
                        4/21/2011 4:00:00 AM AOcomics Completed AOcomics.ini section
                        4/21/2011 4:00:00 AM AOcomics Starting AOcomics version: 0.9.01
                        4/21/2011 4:00:00 AM Event Running script in background: AOcomic.vben
                        4/21/2011 4:00:00 AM Event Event Trigger "AO Comics"
                        Should be an easy fix?
                        Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Arcamax changed their pages again, but I already have a fix...just waiting for the weekend so I can check the Sunday strips.

Comment

Version 0.9.02 released.

Added logging levels (change aocomic.ini to Verbose, Debug, or Info)
                            AOcomics.vben updated to fix problem with Arcmax and Joy of Tech comics.
                            Regex.ao updated to fix Joy of Tech search.

Mickey

Comment

Version 0.9.03 released at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...867#post971867

It seems that GoComics.com has moved from rackspace hosting and made a lot of updates to thier site!

Comment

Working...
                              X