No announcement yet.

Enhanced Maximum Uptime Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started getting these errors, like today or yesterday, haven't been watching HS that closely lately.

Code:
    12/4/2012 12:01:51 AM ~!~Info~!~Event Trigger "MaxSystemUptime"
    12/4/2012 12:01:51 AM ~!~Info~!~Running script in background: Maximum Uptime.vb
    12/4/2012 12:01:51 AM ~!~Error~!~Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.   at scriptcode2.scriptcode2.Main(Object Parm)   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)   at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)
    12/4/2012 12:02:00 AM ~!~Info~!~Event Trigger "EventDelayMeasurment"
    Thanks,
    Tim
    FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

I'll have a look and see if I need to add some more error trapping.
      Not really much there to work with actually.
      For now, can you post your INI file?
      Also, be sure you have the latest version
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Here ya go.

Thanks,
        Tim

[Configuration]
        CurrentDC = u40
        PreviousDC = u41
        MaxNoFaultDC = u43
        MaxFaultDC = u44
        MeanTimeDC = u45
        MaxOverallDC = u42
        MTBFDC = u46
        EnableHSLog = False
        EnableHistLog = True
        RunsToAverage = 5
        MinSaveTime = 180
        EnableTime = 5
        RunningMean = True
        UseDVStringHTML = True
        HColor1 = Red
        HColor2 = Green
        HCOlor3 = Blue

[Data]
        HSVersion=2.3.0.19
        CurrentTime=12/4/2012 1:00:18 PM
        Faulted =True
        Current =3 Days 23 Hours 3 Minutes 53 Seconds
        MaxOverall =3 Days 23 Hours 3 Minutes 53 Seconds
        MaxFAULT =0 Days 0 Hours 1 Minute 39 Seconds
        MaxNoFault=
        MeanUpTime =
        NumRuns =
        MTBF=0 Days 0 Hours 0 Minutes 50 Seconds
        FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Some of your data looks to have been missing. In particular, NumRuns. This was likely causing a divide by zero. Try this.

[Configuration]
          CurrentDC = u40
          PreviousDC = u41
          MaxNoFaultDC = u43
          MaxFaultDC = u44
          MeanTimeDC = u45
          MaxOverallDC = u42
          MTBFDC = u46
          EnableHSLog = False
          EnableHistLog = True
          RunsToAverage = 5
          MinSaveTime = 180
          EnableTime = 5
          RunningMean = True
          UseDVStringHTML = True
          HColor1 = Red
          HColor2 = Green
          HCOlor3 = Blue

[Data]
          HSVersion=2.3.0.19
          CurrentTime=12/4/2012 1:00:18 PM
          Faulted =True
          Current =3 Days 23 Hours 3 Minutes 53 Seconds
          MaxOverall =3 Days 23 Hours 3 Minutes 53 Seconds
          MaxFAULT =0 Days 0 Hours 1 Minute 39 Seconds
          MaxNoFault= 3 Days 23 Hours 3 Minute 53 Seconds
          MeanUpTime = 3 Days 23 Hours 3 Minute 53 Seconds
          NumRuns = 1
          MTBF=0 Days 0 Hours 0 Minutes 50 Seconds

Comment

v2.9 is up. It simply adds some protection against incorrect editing of the INI file data section. Don't do that! This script can be dropped in over v2.8 without replacing the configuration (which would result in loss of data). If you're not having issues, there's no advantage in upgrading.

Comment

I've been running this script for a little over a month now. I must be doing something wrong, although I did follow the install to the letter, installing ver 2.9 of the script. I get the current runtime just fine and I get the max uptime OK, what I don't get is the previous uptime, which I would think is just what it says. Initially only used the max uptime, current uptime and previous uptime but when I noticed it not showing previous uptime I changed it to use all the up-times, even though I only want those three. I still get the same thing. I rebooted this evening to do some maintenance and expected the previous uptime to be 6 plus days but alas it only shows 2 min 20 seconds, all it ever shows.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong. Any and all suggestions gratefully accepted.
              Attached Files
              Marty
              ------
              XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
              Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Never-mind, I don't know what the problem was but I took it all out, put it all back in and now it's working as expected. No explanation, just one of those mysteries I'm so fond of.
                Marty
                ------
                XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Sorry, just this minute checked my email and noticed your posts. Glad it's worked out (whatever it was). I likely would have suggested reinstalling the ini for a clean slate. Seems to be what you've done.

Comment

Yeah, It's doing just fine now. I never did figure out what the problem was so I called it the usual computer glitch (as opposed to operator error) I call everything else that doesn't work right the first time.
                    Marty
                    ------

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                      Yeah, It's doing just fine now. I never did figure out what the problem was so I called it the usual computer glitch (as opposed to operator error) I call everything else that doesn't work right the first time.
                      I call the latter PEBKAC. "Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair"

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                        I call the latter PEBKAC. "Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair"
                        I like that one, I'll have to remember it for future use on my brother in law.
                        Marty
                        ------

Comment

HS3 Version posted

HS3 Version is posted.

The procedure for installation is virtually identical to HS2.
                          See the doc for Startup and Shutdown script requirements.
                          One difference worth noting is that Device Addresses (Previously Device Codes) are no longer constrained to the letter number convention (S1, S2...) although this will work as well and is configured as such in the included Config. This means that if you are currently using the HS2 version, you can simply copy that config file to the HS3 installation.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                            HS3 Version is posted.

The procedure for installation is virtually identical to HS2.
                            See the doc for Startup and Shutdown script requirements.
                            One difference worth noting is that Device Addresses (Previously Device Codes) are no longer constrained to the letter number convention (S1, S2...) although this will work as well and is configured as such in the included Config. This means that if you are currently using the HS2 version, you can simply copy that config file to the HS3 installation.
                            Greg,

Tried your script as I see some advantages to starting fucntions at a restart of HS3 which I miss in HS3. It seems to me your script would give me te possility to get the handle I needed.
                            I followed the instructions and started HS3 after preparing the startup and shutdown scripts. It could not find the scripts you mentioned in the doucmentation, As I could not find the script "Maximum Uptime.vb" I changed the name to "Maximum Uptime HS3.vben", which was in the directory.

Then during the restart of HS3, I got the followiing errors:
                            nov-19 15:00:37 Startup Maximum Uptime Started
                            nov-19 15:00:37 Error 3 Running script Maximum Uptime HS3.vben :Het doel van een aanroep heeft een uitzondering veroorzaakt.->Does entry point FirstRun exist in script? bij System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) bij System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Obj ect obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) bij System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) bij A.c17b105f989efe61e5979e67bec1ef734.cffd66cb0782c50126727e3f a75582d7a()
                            nov-19 15:00:37 Tst Create
                            nov-19 15:00:37 HSTouch Server RSS watch thread started. Update interval is 30 Minute(s).
                            nov-19 15:00:36 Tst Create

Any ideas?

Wim
                            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                              Greg,

Tried your script as I see some advantages to starting fucntions at a restart of HS3 which I miss in HS3. It seems to me your script would give me te possility to get the handle I needed.
                              I followed the instructions and started HS3 after preparing the startup and shutdown scripts. It could not find the scripts you mentioned in the doucmentation, As I could not find the script "Maximum Uptime.vb" I changed the name to "Maximum Uptime HS3.vben", which was in the directory.

Then during the restart of HS3, I got the followiing errors:
                              nov-19 15:00:37 Startup Maximum Uptime Started
                              nov-19 15:00:37 Error 3 Running script Maximum Uptime HS3.vben :Het doel van een aanroep heeft een uitzondering veroorzaakt.->Does entry point FirstRun exist in script? bij System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) bij System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Obj ect obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) bij System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) bij A.c17b105f989efe61e5979e67bec1ef734.cffd66cb0782c50126727e3f a75582d7a()
                              nov-19 15:00:37 HSTouch Server RSS watch thread started. Update interval is 30 Minute(s).
                              nov-19 15:00:36 Tst Create

Any ideas?

Wim
                              OK. I'll delete my entire config and start from scratch following my own directions. May be tomorrow before I can do that. Yes, the .vb/.vben extension escaped me. I'll fix that in the doc.
                              Incidently, I don't read Dutch very well... at all, but I got the gist of things.

Comment

@ w.vuyk
                                Can you post a copy of your config file. Perhaps I can use it to track down the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X