X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wadenut
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    While it's better, one thing I notice is that you have a graphic image on the first line which if it wasn't there would probably help out.
    Otherwise, it's still better in my opinion.
    Originally there were no graphics. Several people requested them so they were added.
    However they are completely optional. Just set GraphicSize = 0 under Options in the config. Pretty sure that's in the doc as well.
    Personally, I've never used them.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    While it's better, one thing I notice is that you have a graphic image on the first line which if it wasn't there would probably help out.
    Otherwise, it's still better in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Well, it seems this is a no-win situation.
    I've noticed here, the daily forecast can be quite lengthy as well, and with the field height limitation in HS3, the short range forecast text often exceeds the available space.
    Add to this that recently we've been under a heat warning here, and the text of that warning in the Weather Warnings/Statements device string also exceeds the space available. I'm not sure what more I can possibly do to include all of the text.
    The good news is that in HSTouch, we can adjust the font size as required in a text box to display all the necessary text. I don't use HS Mobile here (yet) but i hope it's also the case there.
    If HS could be convinced to make the web page device string field dynamic, without this limitation, as was the case under HS2, there would be no problem.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Okay... that looks much better. I think we were thinking the same thing.

Thanks for the change.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    I'm confused ??? is it
    "By moving the first item in the Long Range Forecast, which generally contains detailed data, to the Short Range Forecast"
    or
    "This version moves the third Forecast item from the "Long Range Forecast" device to the "Short Range Forecast"
    Sorry. All of the data is contained internally in an array. I've just moved the pointers for the two devices.
    Originally, the Short Range forecast contained Today/Tonight OR Tonight/Tomorrow morning, depending on when the data updated, with the remainder showing in Long Range Forecast.
    Now you have three items in Short RangeForecast. Today/Tonight/Tomorrow Day OR Tonight/Tomorrow Day/Tomorrow Night, again depending on the latest update.

No data is lost in doing this and all of the data seems to fit the available field size.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
    Just a side node . On linux i had to move the content of HTML, to html. For the Images to properly show up .

all works perfect
    Thanks. I thought I'd covered all that. Linux is picky about case in file names.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Just a side node . On linux i had to move the content of HTML, to html. For the Images to properly show up .

all works perfect

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    I'm confused ??? is it
    "By moving the first item in the Long Range Forecast, which generally contains detailed data, to the Short Range Forecast"
    or
    "This version moves the third Forecast item from the "Long Range Forecast" device to the "Short Range Forecast"

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    I agree. It puts all the detailed information in Short Range.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Originally posted by Wadenut View Post

Perhaps not.
    By moving the first item in the Long Range Forecast, which generally contains detailed data, to the Short Range Forecast, I can make room in both fields.
    For instance, this morning, the short range forecast will include today and tonight as well as the forecast for tomorrow daytime.
    In the evening, you'd see tonight, as well as the full forecast for the next day.
    Now, so long as the text Environment Canada includes doesn't become too lengthy, this will work out.

I'm testing this now and if it works as expected, I'll deploy an update possibly tomorrow morning.
    This makes more sense come to think of it. The first item in the Long Range Forecast should be in the Short Range Forecast since this weather statement is actually reflected more accurately as near term.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Version 2.07.15.3 is available for HS3. See the link in Post 1 of this thread.
    This version moves the third Forecast item from the "Long Range Forecast" device to the "Short Range Forecast" device to accommodate the field size limitation in HS3 Device Strings.
    No changes are made to the HS2 version at this time.

Data will update on the first run.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
    Home assistant have a new integration to env canada data https://github.com/home-assistant/ho...ronment_canada I was about to pull the trigger and send every metric to hs3. ( what a waste of ressource lol).

But saw this script last week ( for linux).. I have to say that i am very happy ! Thanks Wadenut
    Thank-you.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Home assistant have a new integration to env canada data https://github.com/home-assistant/ho...ronment_canada I was about to pull the trigger and send every metric to hs3. ( what a waste of ressource lol).

But saw this script last week ( for linux).. I have to say that i am very happy ! Thanks Wadenut

Leave a comment:

• MikeO3
    replied
    Thanks for the quick reply... Just thought I would resurrect the topic and it looks like you have update completed. I will use the latest update when published. Thanks for your continued support on this script!

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    (See post # 322) If you'd been using this script previously, you'll need to make certain you have the latest version (see the link in post #1) and then because the device relationships have been corrected for later versions of HS, you'll need to delete all of the Environment Canada Weather devices and allow the script to re-create them the first time it runs.
    Note that I will be posting a new version of the script within the next day or so. Since the warnings only appear on HS startup, it might be best to wait for the new script.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X