No announcement yet.

Environment Canada Weather/Weather Warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem. Actually, I'm finding the repeated messages to my phone due to Env Can reissuing the statements throughout the day (Date/time change only... same text) a bit annoying. I'll see what I can do to reduce that so there's a message only when the actual content changes and when the Statement ends.

And a note: The generic log entry to the effect "Email sent..." is out of my control. Homeseer generates this every time an email is sent. There is no switch that I'm aware of to turn this off.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Dhuras: Thanks for the support.

Comment

I am aware that under later versions of HS3 there may be warnings in your log on start up related to the Root/Child relationships between the EnvCan devices.
        These have no effect on the script or data otherwise.

This will be dealt with in a soon to be posted update. There were a couple of functions used in the HS2 version which I'm now in the position to add to HS3 as well.

Comment

Never see errors in my setup...
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            Never see errors in my setup...
            It's not an error per se, just a warning and only appears when you start up HS3. It's really only an annoyance (to me anyway). I only noticed it myself after having upgraded to 3.0.0.523 and I'm told these warnings do only show up in "later versions". I'm not sure which later versions would have introduced it, but I don't remember seeing this with 3.0.0.500.
            I did fix the problem this morning. Just wondering if it's worth a full update or if I might just post a small 'run once and delete' script to simply repair the devices relationships.

Comment

Yeah... I'm running .500. I like the idea of a 'run once and delete' script...
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Run once and delete turned out to be a little more difficult than I expected.

v2.07.14.1 will correct the issue. In order to replace the devices and have them properly grouped, you'll want to delete all of the EnvCan devices. The next time the script runs, the devices will be recreated and properly grouped. If you have any events which use any of the EnvCan devices, you may want to check their conditions and repair as necessary.

This version also includes a couple of minor fixes, mainly spelling in the French/English texts, so I'd advise replacing the config file as well as the script.

1. Disable the Environment Canada download event. (to prevent the script running while you replace files).
                2. Delete ALL of the devices which were created by the script.
                3. Replace "Environment Canada Weather.vben" in your \Scripts Folder with the copy in the archive.
                4. Replace "EnvCanWeather.ini" in your \Config Folder with the copy in the archive. (make any changes you may need to personalize)
                5. Re-enable the Environment Canada download event. Your devices will be recreated and properly grouped on the first run.

Comment

Thanks Greg... Timely I'd say as I just updated to .351 yesterday and had a couple of warnings at startup.

Comment

Like I said, it's just an annoyance.
                    When I originally grouped the devices at someone's request, the purpose was only to have them displayed as a set. There was (and is) no need for a parent device as all of the devices created by the script were optional. Now, your Observation Location is the parent, making it no longer an optional device.

Comment

Just found an issue which prevents this script running on Linux machines including the Raspberry Pi.
                      I'm on it thanks to HST offering HS3Pi3 recently at zero cost. I have the script running on the Raspberry (currently sans Graphics as there's more to be done when I have time).
                      The problem boils down to Linux's case sensitivity in file naming.

Comment

With HS3Pi recently being offered at no cost, I had the opportunity to test some of my scripts on a Raspberry Pi. I found a couple of issues with Environment Canada Weather which prevented the script running properly on the Pi. These have been addressed with v2.07.15.1.

Comment

Will give this a try this week ! Thanks for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                            Will give this a try this week ! Thanks for the update.
                            1. I had no idea VB Net scripts could even run under Linux until now..
                            2. I had no way to try until I was able to install HS3Pi on a Raspberry. Turns out it's just a matter of case sensitivity in certain file names.
                            Good to know however. I'll be looking at the rest of my published scripts quite soon.

Comment

Greg,

Is there some way to increase the height of the long range weather device so that it can include all the text of the device string? This caught my eye today after not long updating the script to fix the device group issue - though, it was there in the previous version as well. The short range device string starts on Tuesday (from what I can see on the device page). Monday doesn't show because it's hidden in the Long Range Device string. See below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	weather.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	1317243
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	weather1.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	1317244

Comment

Under HS2, the field would expand to fit the string as required, both horizontally and vertically. HS3 doesn't seem to do that unfortunately. I see the same thing happening with WorldTides where the window is truncated at the exact same vertical size as in EnvCan long range.
                                I did try adding extra lines to the end of the string to extend the field, but HS3 refuses to expand the field vertically any further. I suppose I could try using a smaller font, but this would make things more difficult to read. I may try this as an option but there's no guarantee HS3 will respect this either. The only other option would be to eliminate the spaces between days in the LR Forecast, also making things difficult to read and would similarly affect its displayibility in HSTouch.

One of the many reasons I resisted using HS3 here for so long.

The good news is that when this field in used in a text box in HSTouch, the whole text can be displayed properly. As HST would (and has done) tell us, HSTouch, is the prefered user interface.

Comment

Working...
                                X