No announcement yet.

Environment Canada Weather/Weather Warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's more than likely an issue with the site.
    If the script is unable to access the data because of some network issue, you'd be seeing a log entry to that effect. Generally, you'd only see "n/a" for that reason, or in some rare cases when that particular datum isn't being provided by the site for whatever reason.

Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
      Greg,

Been using your script for years without issue. However, lately I've noticed that it doesn't get any data returned from EC periodically. Saying that, my temperature for Ottawa at times reads as N/A along with other readings. Have you experienced this? It might be as I suspect totally EC but for years I've never seen this until the past couple of months.
      As I save this data in an Access DB, it inserts values such as -999.9 which doesn't graph well..

Robert
      Still a problem?
      Are you perchance using Windows7? I did have an issue with the site a few months ago when they upgraded their security to TLS1.3 which 7 cannot support, Moving to Win10 fixed it.

Comment

Hi Greg. No the issue seemed to have disappeared. I'm running on Windows 2016 server. Been running on win2k16 when I upgraded 5 years ago. With the exception of that small issue which was an EC issue, been rock solid.

Thanks

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I doubt Windows 2016 server will support TLS 1.3 either. You may find the problem will be back depending on the site you use. I did try to build TLS13 into the script as I had done successfully for TLS12 previously, but Windows 7 wouldn't have it. It's possible Env Can has backtracked for now. Keep an eye out here... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...-schannel-ssp-

If you do eventually have to use Win 10 and you use a small hard disk or SSD, disable Indexing of files, otherwise 10 will eat space on your drive until it becomes unusable.

Comment

Working...
          X