No announcement yet.

Environment Canada Weather/Weather Warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first post in this thread contains the link where you can download the file.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Ok I find the file any property classified great but it does not work The log has an error of at least one page, line 148

I think I even know where the line is then 148.

despair not lucky the gags

Comment

I assure you, it does work.

What location code are you using?

This would be the feed for Montreal: weatheroffice.gc.ca/rss/city/qc-147_e.xml

the "qc-147_e" part is what you need to use.

If it looks like "qc-147_f" it WILL NOT WORK.

You also need to be absolutely sure you have the XML reference in your settings.ini file. Without this, the script will not work.

Comment

Jean,
          Try it with the original location string: ns-35_e.
          This will tell us if you have everything installed properly.

Then try your location with an "e" and see if the data is useful to you.

I think I may be able to do something, but it will take time.
          Last edited by Wadenut; November 25, 2011, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Hi, yes c is what I do think at first, to make it work with the basic configuration, but its not work all the same. I use as plustot lcation "qc-133-e" to quebec, but the result is the same.

Comment

Do you have the XML reference in your settings.ini file

Look at the file 'Settings.ini' in \Homeseer\Config\. Find the line, "ScriptingReferences= "
              Copy it and post it here.

Comment

Minor revision 1.19 and """possible""" French

I wanted to upload 1.19 before I begin to attempt to accomodate the French Language. This way, I'm not working with two copies of the script.

1.19 has no major changes. It does improve the spoken "Current Conditions" by reading Humidex and WindChill in context when selected.

IE:
                "The temperature is twenty three degrees, which feels like thirty two."
                "The temperature is minus ten degrees which in the wind feels like minus twenty two."

This will only occur if WindChill and/or Humidex are included in the Speaking selections.

Having said and done that, I feel confident I can integrate French and English into a single script (again not to be maintaining two). This will be done in stages. (Jean, I may need your assistance to beta for me once you''re up and running).

Stage 1: Reading the french data which has a slightly different format/text.
                Stage 2: Presentation of the data in Device Strings in English or French.
                Stage 3: Speaking. This will be a challenge as I'll need to install a French Voice, and won't really know exactly what I'm hearing.

I can't make any promises at this point re: a delivery date.

Comment

...I'm still getting Wind instead of Wind. (wind up toy, not wind turbine)

I'm using the Neospeech I bought from HS back in the day, but I don't have a Dictionary Editor for it since an upgrade some years ago.

It seems to take it in context sometimes, Sometimes it says it right, others it says it wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by htrdlicn View Post
                    ...I'm still getting Wind instead of Wind. (wind up toy, not wind turbine)

I'm using the Neospeech I bought from HS back in the day, but I don't have a Dictionary Editor for it since an upgrade some years ago.

It seems to take it in context sometimes, Sometimes it says it right, others it says it wrong...
                    That's the voice unfortunately. Not much I can do other than to change the context. Did you try 1.19? I've tried to work around this but there may be other instances I need to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                      Do you have the XML reference in your settings.ini file

Look at the file 'Settings.ini' in \Homeseer\Config\. Find the line, "ScriptingReferences= "
                      Copy it and post it here.
                      Hi, I regarger in HomeSeer \ conf \ _____ there is nothing written "ScriptingReferences =" can be the problem come from?

Comment

I wanted to upload 1.19 before I begin to attempt to accomodate the French Language. This way, I'm not working with two copies of the script.

1.19 has no major changes. It does improve the spoken "Current Conditions" by reading Humidex and WindChill in context when selected.

IE:
                        "The temperature is twenty three degrees, which feels like thirty two."
                        "The temperature is minus ten degrees which in the wind feels like minus twenty two."

This will only occur if WindChill and/or Humidex are included in the Speaking selections.

Having said and done that, I feel confident I can integrate French and English into a single script (again not to be maintaining two). This will be done in stages. (Jean, I may need your assistance to beta for me once you''re up and running).

Stage 1: Reading the french data which has a slightly different format/text.
                        Stage 2: Presentation of the data in Device Strings in English or French.
                        Stage 3: Speaking. This will be a challenge as I'll need to install a French Voice, and won't really know exactly what I'm hearing.

I can't make any promises at this point re: a delivery date.
                        It'd happy to help in this project. made me sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Loup View Post
                          Hi, I regarger in HomeSeer \ conf \ _____ there is nothing written "ScriptingReferences =" can be the problem come from?
                          Oui!!!

That is your problem.

You need this line in the [Settings] section.:

ScriptingReferences=System.XML;System.XML.dll

Comment

Originally posted by Loup View Post
                            It'd happy to help in this project. made me sign.
                            Actually, I am very close.

I only need to make sure the Warnings are detected properly and I can upload. I think you'll be very happy with the result.

Comment

Actually, I am very close.

I only need to make sure the Warnings are detected properly and I can upload. I think you'll be very happy with the result.
                              Super very, very happy. I hate to see it

Comment

Oui!!!

That is your problem.

You need this line in the [Settings] section.:

ScriptingReferences=System.XML;System.XML.dll
                                Ok but you have to direct me the one can, I am lost, how I do it?

Step by step please ...

Comment

Working...
                                X