Environment Canada Weather/Weather Warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just started getting errors from the script yesterday night:

6/19/2013 4:55:03 PM - EnvCan Weather - Source file or URL contains no useable data. Unable to continue.
    6/19/2013 4:55:03 PM - EnvCan Weather - An error has occurred in evaluating the XML data. Check the source URL or file

Looks like it doesn't like the XML (attached). Looks ok to me

I was running 1.31, just tried 1.32. Has been working great for months.

Thanks, Dean
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by deanb2 View Post
      I just started getting errors from the script yesterday night:

6/19/2013 4:55:03 PM - EnvCan Weather - Source file or URL contains no useable data. Unable to continue.
      6/19/2013 4:55:03 PM - EnvCan Weather - An error has occurred in evaluating the XML data. Check the source URL or file

Looks like it doesn't like the XML (attached). Looks ok to me

I was running 1.31, just tried 1.32. Has been working great for months.

Thanks, Dean
      Noted. But again, I won't have much time to do anything for at least the summer. Suggest trying a nearby site.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

While I don't see errors, it looks as though my script stopped updating...
        Not that it doesn't run, just that the virtual devices are not being populated with new data. Jun 18th is the last update.... anyone else seeing this?

edit: tried a reboot and same the same problem as deanb2...
        Last edited by langenet; June 23, 2013, 08:04 PM.
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Looks like EnvCan changed their feed slightly.

I changed the SelectNodes call to use a XmlNamespaceManager, and the description tag changed to summary.

I don't have any older XML files to compare to the current ones, though.

I'll attach my copy, you would have to remove the .txt from the name and change your location and other options.

Dean
          Attached Files

Comment

The data format has changed from RSS 2.0 to Atom 1.0. It's more than a "slight" change. Net 2.0 appears to be incabable of reading it. As far as this script is concerned, the two are incompatible. For now, consider the script broken... dead... unusable.
            I may eventually be able to get around things by doing a quasi conversion on the fly. Even then there will be other issues and I simply don't have the time right now.
            This will be my final comment.
            Last edited by Wadenut; June 25, 2013, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Fonctionne pas non plus cette version ???

Comment

Greg,

Just wondering if you had a chance to or are continuing to support this going forward. If not, I'll clean up my all the associated devices.

Thanks,

Robert
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                  Greg,

Just wondering if you had a chance to or are continuing to support this going forward. If not, I'll clean up my all the associated devices.

Thanks,

Robert
                  The plan is still to update the script. Env Can has changed the data format, and Net 2 simply doesn't seem to support it. This means a major re-write is in order. I simply haven't had time this summer to look at it.
                  You can delete the devices for now if you wish. They will be re-created when necessary.

Comment

For the record, I've had a few hours so far to spend on this and I am making progress. No promises on a timeline. V2 will have some restructuring as well.

Comment

Version 2.01 is available.

No-one missed this script more than I when Environment Canada converted their data format earlier this year. While this format is similar to the old XML, there were enough differences to break the script. The timing couldn't have been worse as my summer was fully 'booked' and there simply wasn't time until now to work on this package. Additionally, it's been five years since this was originally written and there was a lot of head scratching involved this time around (why the heck did I do that? for instance).

Version 2.01 has been uploaded.
                      There were some major changes, not only to accommodate the EC data format change, but also to add a few additional functions, some of which had already been in development this time last year, so I'd suggest deleting the previous version of the script, all associated events and possibly the previous devices before installing this new version. Events and Devices will be re-created as necessary. Configuration has been moved to an INI file in the \Config directory. This must be configured to your needs prior to running the script.
                      1. Delete the previous script, events and devices.
                      2. Unzip this package into your HS directory and configure the INI options.
                      3. Run the script once manually.
                      4. Configure the event schedules to your needs.
                      5. Enjoy.

Comment

Thanks Greg. I didn't expect this so soon. I installed it without issue. Works great and much appreciated!

Rob

Comment

I expected it to be a much bigger job than it turned out to be actually. That's why I'd shelved it.

Comment

v2.02
                            Fixes the Weather warning html link in device string. Also, if FullWarningText is selected, the correct text will be displayed in the device string. These couldn't be tested until a warning actually existed somewhere in the country. As luck would have it, a "frost warning" has been posted here for the past two days.

If you're already using version 2.01, simply drop the .vben file into the scripts folder. No other files need be updated.

This function creates an HTML link in the "Warning" device string. When selected, any current warning page is displayed in a new browser window whether or not "FullWarningText" is selected in the options. If FullWarningText is selected, the text of any current warning will be present in the device string (This text can be quite lengthy).

Comment

Thanks again, Greg.

Comment

any plan to make this script work with HS3?

I can help but the current version 2.02 attached to the other thread is encrypted.

Comment

Working...
                                X