Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loup
    replied
    Moi c'est mon anglais qui n'est pas bon, alors si je peux t'aider..

Leave a comment:

• Loup
    replied
    hello Wadenut
    Assumes that I am very interested by the French version, made ​​me know when it is written, I will try the installation and I give you some news.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Well, it looks like adding the graphic has damaged some of the speech. I'm on it.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    1.17 is available.

This adds those 'colorful Gifs' Robert requested. These are optional.

Adds the option to direct speech to selected Speaker Clients.

Also fixes the pronouniation of "Degrees" (hopefully) once and for all.
    Simply put, if the script had been edited using Homeseer's built in editor, it would effectively break the script. This is fixed. My bad.

Zipped the whole thing. No need to rename anything.
    Last edited by Wadenut; November 24, 2011, 06:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Hi Wolf,

The directions in the file are pretty straight forward. There ARE a lot of options.

To start with:
    - Rename the file from "Environment Canada Weather.vb.txt" to "Environment Canada.vb" and copy it into your \Homeseer\"Scripts" directory.
    - Look carefully at the options in the file:
    -- You need to tell it what location to use for your local weather.
    -- Select the device codes to use. (In case you already use the ones in the file.)
    -- The rest can be changed later on

- Create an event to run the script about every 30 minutes.

The script will create all of the required devices and other events for you.

You should be good to start.

I'm sorry; it's only going to work with an English site right now. My French is not good, but if enough people want it, I may consider a French version later.

Leave a comment:

• Loup
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Loup
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    Also a handful of gifs would be nice to make it 'colourful'!
    You shall have your Gifs, Robert. I've spent the whole day finding something colorful for you and adding them.

They'll be re-sizable via an option.

I want to let this run for awhile before I upload 1.17 (since there have been no other requests. I assume I've done it right).

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Hope your snowblower works!!! I see the weather going your way. We got off lucky in Ottawa.
    It's been snowing here all morning. I just got through moving the lawn mower and the tiller to the back of the garage, and the snowblower to the front. I'll likely need it tomorrow. It's a workhorse. Always has started first pull. Failing that there's electricity... hopefully. May need to use the PowerBox I just bought at Canadian Tire [ "More than just tires" ] on sale.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Thanks again Greg...

I really don't know anything about speach as I thought I'd never use it... though it's interest is growing. Perhaps I should open up a new thread.

Thanks for adding colour to it! Yes, for everyone else, we in Canada spell it with a 'u'! eh....

Rob

Hope your snowblower works!!! I see the weather going your way. We got off lucky in Ottawa.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    That's what you get for living in Nova Scotia Greg!... Then again, I'm sure your used to it!

I haven't had time to try you EC script yet... though looks really good.

Robert

Edit. I don't use Speach yet, however, it would be nice to rather have it default to all clients to be user selectable (on or off).
    Thanks Robert. I appreciate the feedback.

For no speech, simply don't run the Announcement events.
    Default speech goes to all clients, unless specified otherwise in the options. (Starting with 1.17)

Gifs, eh? I was afraid someone might ask for that. I'll start on it now.
    I'll probably have to scape those from other plugins. I hope no-one minds.
    Perhaps I'll make them selectable.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    That's what you get for living in Nova Scotia Greg!... Then again, I'm sure your used to it!

I haven't had time to try you EC script yet... though looks really good.

Robert

Edit. I don't use Speach yet, however, it would be nice to rather have it default to all clients to be user selectable (on or off).

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Any requests?

I have noticed that, at least in my time zone, the wind direction is sometimes being converted to "time zone" for speech. This is fixed in 1.17.
    1.16 speaks the "Full Text" link when speaking Current Conditions. OOPS. Fixed in 1.17
    I noticed too that I neglected to update "Version =" since 1.14. This only affects debug output so isn't much of a concern.

I've also added an option to 1.17 to direct speech to selected Speaker clients. Default will be ALL.

I'd like to know what more you think needs to be done, if anything.
    There is a TO DO list accompanying the download. This list will contain items I'm aware of and working on.
    If there's nothing else to be done, then I will upload 1.17 and that should be the final version.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    I see no point in having an verbal alert update when a Weather Warning is changed. The text of this warning, which has been in effect since yesterday has been updated four times so far. The only change has been the Date/Time. The script already provides a link to the full text of the alert where we can get the fully updated information.

Thoughts?

SNOWFALL WARNING IN EFFECT.
    Issued: 04:09 AM AST Wednesday 23 November 2011.
    Persons in or near this area should be on the lookout for adverse weather conditions and take necessary safety precautions.

This one is telling me to expect 35cm (13.8 inches for the Americans *) of snow today. Time to batten down the hatches. I probably wouldn't have known were it not for the script.

* That reminds me. Anyone want the option to convert to English measurements?
    Also, a French version might be possible if needed.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    You can do the condensed version by deselecting some of the items to speak in the configuration.

I can't take credit for the wind/winde. Must be the context. Bugs me too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X