Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Info Script

HI
    Is this possible and if so could I be pointed in the right direction.

I would like to gather infomation about a computer or network device that appears on my network and then have it display in homeseer. The end goal will be to have it appear in a floorplan.

What I would like to start with is the IP address and computer name. I was wondering if I could get info frm my switch which would show which physical port the device is plugged into and use this to determine the room.

thanks
    Tech boy

I know my prehistoric DLink router I use has a config page that shows something is connected to the physical port but does not show what the device actually is. Does your router have a web page with the information you want on it? You might be able to download the page and do some manipulation on it but it would be router dependant as I don't think there is anywhere you can get this data from otherwise (?).
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

The router has a web page, I have 2 24 port switches it's these I want to get the data from as each room has a couple of network points. I shall check to see if the switches have a webpage.

Comment

Working...
      X