Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

script help: Monitoring file system for changed file

All:

I've got a webcam that is ftping a file to my homeseer server. I'd like to be able to write a job to look at that directory every minute and if a file has been added, email it to myself. The difficulty I'm having is that the file names are different (including a date/time stamp) so I can't just search for 'file.jpg'.

Does anyone have some vbscript that can get this done? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
    Ken

if you post some examples of the filenames then it should not be too difficult to do...

Comment

You may be able to use Blades BLLatestimage to assist with some of this: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=143914
      Jon

Comment

This is an example:

image.jpg20120201202109762.jpg

Comment

Couple of different ways of doing this, if that is a random number generated at the end of the name (I guess the start is YYYYMMDD but don't know the last bit) then there is going to be no way of guessing it. If you take a look at the System.IO.File namespace there are a whole host of different of attributes and things in the directory you could experiment with. This should (providing you change the directory and file search) find if any of the files in the directory have been created this minute.

Code:
          Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)

Dim strFileSize As String = ""
          Dim di As New IO.DirectoryInfo(hs.getapppath & "\scripts\")
          Dim aryFi As IO.FileInfo() = di.GetFiles("*.txt")
          Dim fi As IO.FileInfo

For Each fi In aryFi

If fi.CreationTime.ToString("dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm") = DateTime.Now.ToString("dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm") Then
          	        hs.writelog("FileInfo", fi.Name & " - was created this minute")
          	Else
          		hs.writelog("FileInfo", "File Not Created Now")
          	End If
          Next

End Sub

Comment

Thank you very much!

That is doing exactly what I need - appreciate the bit of help.

Ken

Comment

Working...
            X