• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NicolaiL
    replied
    Originally posted by peterpc View Post
    Bump
    3.0.3.4 added linux support.

With regards to this one: Warning Plugin izChromoflex2 is not responding but it is still running,​ not restarting yet.

I have not heard anyone else with similar issues, I wonder if this is due to the "special" versions I compiled for you, but unfortunately I don't have the time to look at these warning messages.

Error 1 Running script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Temp\K15.vb :Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This looks like HS itself having an issue running a script (either a direct script command or from HSTouch). Not sure why you think this is related to the plug-in.

Leave a comment:

• peterpc
    replied
    I noticed that the plugin has an update to 3.0.3.4
    What changed to version 3.0.3.3?
    With version 3.0.3.3 I have the problem that I get errors like:
    Warning Plugin izChromoflex2 is not responding but it is still running,​ not restarting yet.
    or
    Error 1 Running script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Temp\K15.vb :Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Restarting HS solves the problem for a while.
    Bump

Leave a comment:

• peterpc
    replied
    I noticed that the plugin has an update to 3.0.3.4
    What changed to version 3.0.3.3?
    With version 3.0.3.3 I have the problem that I get errors like:
    Warning Plugin izChromoflex2 is not responding but it is still running,​ not restarting yet.
    or
    Restarting HS solves the problem for a while.

Leave a comment:

• NicolaiL
    replied
    Originally posted by simjoc View Post
    Maybe someone can help me. When using another port then port 1 I get the following error:

<table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left">
    Code:
    <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style=" white-space: nowrap;" colspan="1" class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" align="left">jul-24 21:17:28  </td><td colspan="1" class="LogPri1" align="left">     </td><td colspan="3" class="LogType1" align="left">  izChromoflex ERROR  </td><td colspan="8" class="LogEntry1" align="left">  Data unexpectedly received from COM port </td></tr></tbody></table>
    </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left">
    </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left">
    </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    The problem is that I need port 1 for my visonic. The control on the chromoflex still works.
    Hi

I have the plug-in log that error message because no traffic is meant to come back (there are no responses from the Chromoflex device itself).

It is therefore strange that you are getting any comms on that port. Do you get the message repeatedly or only once?

In any case, as long as the plug-in works and you can control your devices that is good news!

I'm about to leave for holiday so I won't have a chance to do much about it for a little while, but do let me know the answers to the questions above.

Nicolai

Leave a comment:

• simjoc
    replied
    Maybe someone can help me. When using another port then port 1 I get the following error:

<table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left">
    Code:
    <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style=" white-space: nowrap;" colspan="1" class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" align="left">jul-24 21:17:28  </td><td colspan="1" class="LogPri1" align="left">     </td><td colspan="3" class="LogType1" align="left">  izChromoflex ERROR  </td><td colspan="8" class="LogEntry1" align="left">  Data unexpectedly received from COM port </td></tr></tbody></table>
    </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left">
    </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left">
    </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    The problem is that I need port 1 for my visonic. The control on the chromoflex still works.

Leave a comment:

• NicolaiL
    replied
    I am converting my HS2 to HS3. Is your HS3 plugin supporting multiple com ports? (I am using 3 com ports now, 19 modules and counting.)
    Hi Peter,

No, the current HS3 version only supports one COM port. I wish I could say I would be able to find the time to expand to multiple COM ports, but I'm snowed at the moment so I'm not quits sure if/when this will happen.

Regards
    Nicolai

Leave a comment:

• peterpc
    replied
    Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
    Hi Peter

Glad to hear you like the plugin! That's a nice big installation you got there! Unfortunately the plugin doesn't support more than one COM port at the moment.

It would probably be quite a rewrite to incorporate additional COM ports so not something I could quickly do. When HS3 comes out I will take a look at this as part of the required rewrite though.

Cheers
    Nicolai
    I am converting my HS2 to HS3. Is your HS3 plugin supporting multiple com ports? (I am using 3 com ports now, 19 modules and counting.)

Leave a comment:

• wetlip
    replied
    Chromoflex III RC Dongle Software (windows)

I cant expect other then that chromoflex Rc works with uart virtual comport over usb .

The standard chromoflelx controller uses a com port, so for a manufacturer it is a lot of work to make a usb device of it, a serial port works for controller equipment just as good unless you want to control a tv or computer led screen
    which uses more bandwidth then a serial port can give.

is there no one who has a RC chromoflex controller ?

Leave a comment:

• NicolaiL
    replied
    The plug-in won't initiate correctly because the COM port is not available.

For this reason there are no config pages etc.

If you can point it to an existing free COM port it should work and the config page should show.

Leave a comment:

• raymonvdm
    replied
    Hi,

Im just installed HomeSeer HS2 on my computer (test system) to see if i can get Chromoflex going. But when i select the config of the plugin nothing happens.

The plugin seems to be loading fine (although it is complaining about the com port but this is because it did not set it yet)

I running HS2 2.5.0.55

And this is some logging

Code:

20-7-2012 21:23:28  - Plug-In - Initializing Plug-in: izChromoflex on COM port 1
    20-7-2012 21:23:28  - izChromoflex - Debug On
    20-7-2012 21:23:28  - Error - In OpenComPort, error opening port: Unable to obtain a handle to the COM port
    20-7-2012 21:23:28  - izChromoflex Error - Error opening Chromoflex COM port: 1 Error message: Error: Unable to obtain a handle to the COM port
    20-7-2012 21:23:28  - Error - Initializing interface: izChromoflex->Can't open COM port izChromoflex
    20-7-2012 21:23:28  - Plug-In - Finished initializing plug-in izChromoflex
    When i push the config button

Code:
    20-7-2012 21:23:43  - ConfigIO - Calling ConfigIO for izChromoflex
    Update:

I just found out that it is working when i change my com port to com1 in the control panel of the system. Is it possible to add the posibility to change the comport ?

Leave a comment:

• NicolaiL
    replied
    Hi Peter

Glad to hear you like the plugin! That's a nice big installation you got there! Unfortunately the plugin doesn't support more than one COM port at the moment.

It would probably be quite a rewrite to incorporate additional COM ports so not something I could quickly do. When HS3 comes out I will take a look at this as part of the required rewrite though.

Cheers
    Nicolai

Leave a comment:

• peterpc
    replied
    Hi NicolaiL,

I am using the Chromoflex for a while to control my lights and found your plugin.
    I have tested it and it is working good.
    I have only one problem.
    I use 9 Chromoflex controllers, 5 for my RGB led strips and 4 for my 12 LED spots.
    I divided them into 2 serial groups on com 7 and com 9.
    Is it possible to use your plugin for 2 serial ports?

Best regards,

Leave a comment:

• NicolaiL
    replied
    Hi Peter

Are there any errors in the logfile?

Regaads
    NicolaiL

Leave a comment:

• pklijnjan
    replied
    TakeControl

Hi Nicolai,

I use &hs.plugin("izChromoflex").TakeControl(1) in a event but it won't work! Afther I power off only the button control in de webinterface can take control again.

Regards

Peter

Leave a comment:

• NicolaiL
    replied
    Hi Peter

Download the latest plugin from the library. I've added two script options now that you can call from events:

&hs.plugin("izChromoflex").TakeControl(n)

&hs.plugin("izChromoflex").ReleaseControl(n)

Replace n with the GroupID (0 for all) of the controller you want to manage. I've not had much time to test so let me know how you get on with it, but I hope this helps.

Regards
    Nicolai

Leave a comment:

Working...
X