X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pklijnjan
    replied
    Hi Nicolai,

I think I know whats wrong. The power supply of the chromoflex is switcht off when I start Homeseer. When I run the script I first switch on the power supply. I try it with the power on when i start homeseer and than it works
    The problem is that I want to switch of the power When I do after the firts time it work then its wrong again.
    So If you can change the API it it whoot be greate.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• NicolaiL
    replied
    Originally posted by pklijnjan View Post
    Hi Nicolai I like to use &hs.SetDeviceValue("'1","control") in a event.
    If I use &hs.SetDeviceValue("'3",255) The LEDs turn red en turn off again afther 1 or 2 second. When I use the control button it works fine.
    Hi pklijnjan

I'm assuming you are trying to use the "&hs.SetDeviceValue("'1","control")" on your Controller device? (i.e. not the RGB devices). This will not work. Currently you would need to either manually take control via the device in HS or on start-up via the ini settings.

The second command &hs.SetDeviceValue("'3",255) works, but because control has not been taken (as the prior does not work) the Chromoflex will return to it's internal programming.

As a workaround could you try taking control manually and then running the &hs.SetDeviceValue("'3",255) command?

When I get a chance I will add some API scripting calls to allow you to take control/release control from script commands as well.

Cheers
    NicolaiL

Leave a comment:

• pklijnjan
    replied
    Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
    That is very strange. Could you share the script and I will try it out on my own setup?

Hi Nicolai I like to use &hs.SetDeviceValue("'1","control") in a event.
    If I use &hs.SetDeviceValue("'3",255) The LEDs turn red en turn off again afther 1 or 2 second. When I use the control button it works fine.

Leave a comment:

• NicolaiL
    replied
    That is very strange. Could you share the script and I will try it out on my own setup?

Leave a comment:

• pklijnjan
    replied
    Hi Nicolail

Take control on startup is on, it works wel by using the webinterface of homeseer.
    But when I make a script device command chromoflex group controller value set set to 1
    and the Chromoflex Red Value set set to 255. The color Red turns on but after 2 seconds the
    chromoflex turns off (not the power supply!) But the colors.

When I klik on control in the webinterface de controller turns on again without going off
    The ID is OK I use 2 chromoflex and one is on ID 1 and the other on 2.

Leave a comment:

• NicolaiL
    replied
    Hi pklijnjan

There is no command line per-se, but if you read the manual you will not a couple of actions you can call as well as a few scripting commands.

However, it sounds like your problem is that you are not retaining control over the Chromoflex (CF). As you might know the CF runs its own lighting scheme UNLESS you take control. This is why you see your colour changes overwritten by the CF.

On the config page there are settings for "Take Control On StartUp" This will let the plugin take control of configured CFs when HS starts.

You also need to make sure you set the ID of your CF by using the dip switch settings as described in the CF manual and then set the corresponding ID in HS on the device (as you refer to).

The way to control the devices by script is simply by changing the device value of the corresponding HS colour device using the standard hs.setdevicevalue command.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• pklijnjan
    replied
    Nicolail,

What is de command line for starting the control of a chromoflex?
    On the homeseer page there are buttons like off controle reset and a ID number.
    In a device controller there is just a device ID or All.
    When I pick ID 1 and set a number for RED (255) red leds go on and switch of again!
    When I click on controll in homeseer webpage it works??
    Is there a script commando for controlle of one ID?

Leave a comment:

• NicolaiL
    replied
    I've just posted a new version of this plug-in which removes the error messages around trial license expiration.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=152187

NicolaiL

Leave a comment:

• NicolaiL
    started a topic Chromoflex RGB LED Lighting Driver/Controller PlugIn

Chromoflex RGB LED Lighting Driver/Controller PlugIn

In response to various messages and questions. Here's a discussion thread for this plug-in.

For anyone looking to buy the Chromoflex controller you can try:

UK: http://www1.conrad-uk.com
    Europe: http://www.conrad.com/
    US: TBC

The plug-in is written to use the serial port of the Chromoflex controllers and as such it has been written to work with the "standard" Chromoflex controller: http://www.xeroflex.com/html/chromoflex__standard.html

The RC version of the Chromoflex ha a USB connection. I'm not sure if this presents itself to the PC as a Com port and I have not had a chance to test if this works with the plug in. The RC version is this one here: http://www.xeroflex.com/html/chromoflex_rc.html
Working...
X