No announcement yet.

SpeechDroid - Talk to your Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding the [Misinterpretation]'s is working perfect. Thanks.
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

man, all this sounds great, but the install instructions are kinda over my head, I just got a new phone "Droid" would love to have this feature. I currently don't have HS where I can manipulate it remotely so I guess I need to start there. How accurate is it responding?
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

worked right out of the box!

Thank you! Now I have to buy tasker! -- Why didn't I buy it before!!!??? It is SO powerful!

--Dan
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
          worked right out of the box!

Thank you! Now I have to buy tasker! -- Why didn't I buy it before!!!??? It is SO powerful!

--Dan
          Tasker is worth every penny

Here's just a few of my tasks I use. At one point, I had a task to launch HSTouch when I "shake" the phone, but too many false launches on that.
          Attached Files
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks Rob!

Of course you are just teasing me, with your non-100%-processor utliizing HSTouch! Did you buy from the market, or direct? I see direct has encryption...but will I ever really use that?

--Dan
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
              Thanks Rob!

Of course you are just teasing me, with your non-100%-processor utliizing HSTouch! Did you buy from the market, or direct? I see direct has encryption...but will I ever really use that?

--Dan
              Ha! yeah, I bought Tasker straight from the android market. I dont use encryption, and I dont think I would have a need for it via Tasker.

Comment

Tasker is very powerful, I found this site that has all kinds of neat Tasker things to do.

http://profileify.com/
                Bryan
                Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Problems installing tasker

Anyone come across any problems installing Tasker, I'm trying to install it on a Android 2.3 tablet but get the following error when it starts 'The application Tasker (process net.dinglisch.android.tasker) has stopped unexpectedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Simonk View Post
                    Anyone come across any problems installing Tasker, I'm trying to install it on a Android 2.3 tablet but get the following error when it starts 'The application Tasker (process net.dinglisch.android.tasker) has stopped unexpectedly.
                    Are you loading it directly from the market or side-loading?

Comment

Firstly I put the files onto SD card and ran from the apk file to install which went through fine but when run it gives the error.
                      Then removed the installed Tasker program and went through the market, installed fine but same error when run.

Comment

Originally posted by Simonk View Post
                        Firstly I put the files onto SD card and ran from the apk file to install which went through fine but when run it gives the error.
                        Then removed the installed Tasker program and went through the market, installed fine but same error when run.
                        The only thing I can think of is the sd card must be write-able for the Tasker files. But, if you copied it straight to the sd card, that should have worked. Hope you get it straightened out. It's a must-have for android.

Comment

I bought the tasker because everyone was talking about it and how cool it is. I havent figured it out yet. Could some one give me a simple task that I could set up to do something, maybe I will get more of an ideal. I was excited reading about being able to take to your droid do have it do things, but can not figure any way to do this. I love my droid and like to get the most out of it. So if anyone has some neat things to do with tasker, why dont you post them.
                          Thank you,
                          danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                            I bought the tasker because everyone was talking about it and how cool it is. I havent figured it out yet. Could some one give me a simple task that I could set up to do something, maybe I will get more of an ideal. I was excited reading about being able to take to your droid do have it do things, but can not figure any way to do this. I love my droid and like to get the most out of it. So if anyone has some neat things to do with tasker, why dont you post them.
                            Thank you,
                            Check out this site: http://profileify.com/
                            Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                              Thank you,
                              Check out the tasker FAQ - lots of interesting ideas over there. What I did was think the items I wanted to automate on my phone. For example, I want my phone silent during mass. So, I use Tasker to turn off all sounds :15 mins before mass then turn on :15 mins after.

Another example: I have a Ford F-150 with Microsoft Sync. I have Tasker turn on my bluetooth every morning so it will sync with my truck. Tasker turns off my bluetooth later to conserve battery.

Tons of cool stuff to do with Tasker!

Comment

tried to be really fancy, since some of my devices have good "text" names, but not good "speaking" names.

"Mud Room Lever Lock Toggle"

So, the way speechdroid breaks this down, I get a lot of things goofed up.

I'm fighting this. Also, things like "UPB DEVICE Bedroom1 Lights On", I tried to translate from "alex's light"

Also, added in a few changes for "Open", "close", "unlock", "lock".

I did (using the above) get my garage door to open/close. "Please Open the Garage Door"
                                Garage Door is translated to "Garage Door 1 Relay", which turns on, then HS turns it back off after 2 seconds. This simulates pushing the button. Awesome.

Only thing I can't quite figure out, when it can't find your device, why does it then ask you to speak again on the Android handset...but then it doesn't do anything? I usually have to restart the task instead of it re-trying.

--Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X