X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tonlof
    replied
    Originally posted by manxam View Post
    Issue: Your task xml is missing the closing "class" and therefore FCs (force closes) on every attempt to import.
    New file uploaded, thanks for pointing out.

Leave a comment:

• manxam
    replied
    Ahh.. it strips the hyphen from Z-Wave Interface even if I hard code it as "Test = Z-Wave Interface Kitchen Island Pendants" in the config file.

I changed the interface to ZWave and it now works. Is there any way to correct for this? Otherwise this is a pretty neat utility and I really appreciate you offering it up to the community!

Leave a comment:

• manxam
    replied
    Thanks for providing these scripts for us Tony. I do have 1 issue and 1 question though:

Question: using the demo=1 and providing a "voice command" I get the following:
    Code:
    Voice Text: turn on the kitchen island pendants
    Command: ON
    Room: Z-Wave Interface
    Device: KITCHEN ISLAND PENDANTS
    Start Tasker Command
    Line 1: RETRY 
    Line 2: Hi Name, I did not find the unit in . I heard turn on the z wave interface kitchen island pendants 
    End Tasker Command
    Is this command supposed to execute or just show what it WOULD do?

Issue: Your task xml is missing the closing "class" and therefore FCs (force closes) on every attempt to import. Once fixed it imports perfectly.

I just realized the above fix while typing this so I haven't actually TESTED SpeechDroid yet. Compliments to follow!
    Last edited by manxam; February 13, 2012, 02:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tonlof
    replied
    Originally posted by TechHA View Post
    Yes, everything is working great now. thanks again!

Google is a little picky though, My wife's name is Amy but Google spells it Aimee, so if I tell it 'Turn on Amy's reading lamp' it tells Homeseer 'turn of Aimee's ready lamp', which doesn't work. Do you know anyway to teach Google that?

Still fun though.
    I'm not sure if you can learn google voice but I have update the first post with a new version.
    In the speechdroid.ini you could add.

PHP Code:
    [Settings]

[
    Misinterpretation]
    Aimee's ready lamp=Amy's reading lamp
    Aimee
    's steady lamp=Amy's reading lamp
    aim ready lamp
    =Amy's reading lamp 
    I borrowed your wife's name in the description in the new update, let me know if I should remove it.
    Last edited by tonlof; February 13, 2012, 12:42 PM. Reason: outdated content

Leave a comment:

• TechHA
    replied
    Yes, everything is working great now. thanks again!

Google is a little picky though, My wife's name is Amy but Google spells it Aimee, so if I tell it 'Turn on Amy's reading lamp' it tells Homeseer 'turn of Aimee's ready lamp', which doesn't work. Do you know anyway to teach Google that?

Still fun though.

Leave a comment:

• tonlof
    replied
    Works perfect! Thank you very much.
    Great Does Homeseer respond on your speech now?

Leave a comment:

• TechHA
    replied
    Originally posted by tonlof View Post
    Hi, I have update the instructions for import in my first post.
    Works perfect! Thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

• tonlof
    replied
    Tried a different file manager, now using Astro. This time when I press either xml file, I see Tasker in the list but when I select it I get, 'Failed to move import to my SD directory'.

Any other Android pro's out there know what I'm doing wrong?
    Hi, I have update the instructions for import in my first post.

Leave a comment:

• TechHA
    replied
    Tried a different file manager, now using Astro. This time when I press either xml file, I see Tasker in the list but when I select it I get, 'Failed to move import to my SD directory'.

Any other Android pro's out there know what I'm doing wrong?

Leave a comment:

• TechHA
    replied
    Originally posted by tonlof View Post
    Strange, when I press the xml file I got Tasker in the list.
    I have never import in tasker before but I can make a step by step guide for Profiles and Tasks later. The time here is 02:20am and the alarm is on 05:45am so I need to try sleep
    lol, get some sleep

tomorrow is another day!

Thanks for your time and I look forward to the write up.

Leave a comment:

• tonlof
    replied
    Thanks for the info.

I got the files on my sd card, I use Root Explorer to view them, long press and box pops up. I select 'open with' but Tasker isn't an option? I see things like Documents to Go, Dropbox, Facebook but no Tasker.

Gonna keep playing with this... any ideas?
    Strange, when I press the xml file I got Tasker in the list.
    I have never import in tasker before but I can make a step by step guide for Profiles and Tasks later. The time here is 02:20am and the alarm is on 05:45am so I need to try sleep

Leave a comment:

• TechHA
    replied
    Thanks for the info.

I got the files on my sd card, I use Root Explorer to view them, long press and box pops up. I select 'open with' but Tasker isn't an option? I see things like Documents to Go, Dropbox, Facebook but no Tasker.

Gonna keep playing with this... any ideas?

Edit: Even when using Tasker - I go into 'Create new profile' - First Context, I choose Application ... Tasker isn't listed. Weird.

BTW: I using a Sprint EVO 4g, rooted and running Andriod 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)

Leave a comment:

• tonlof
    replied
    This is awesome! I got the first part working great with the demo page you created.

Now setting things up on the phone and I'm stuck. If you could write up a step by step to getting Tasker setup on the phone it would be MUCH appreciated. I went ahead and purchased tasker and zoom but have no idea how to set them up to voice commands.

Thanks!
    Hi TechHA, try adding xml files in the SDCard/Tasker folder from my first post. Then press the xml files, then a box will appear asking which program to open the file with. Choose Tasker.

For a simple trigger icon on homescreen you only need tasker, Zoom is for more advance widget together with Tasker.

Leave a comment:

• TechHA
    replied
    This is awesome! I got the first part working great with the demo page you created.

Now setting things up on the phone and I'm stuck. If you could write up a step by step to getting Tasker setup on the phone it would be MUCH appreciated. I went ahead and purchased tasker and zoom but have no idea how to set them up to voice commands.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• tonlof
    started a topic SpeechDroid - Talk to your Android

SpeechDroid - Talk to your Android

SpeechDroid for HomeSeer by Tonlof
    Update 0.0.2
    You never have to train the learning of voice, Google has allowed thousands of people read texts with different dialects.

You need Tasker application installed on your phone.
    http://tasker.dinglisch.net/ or
    Tasker on Android Market

Demo Mode
    You can try the script from webpage without having Tasker or Android.
    http://homeseer-ip/speechdroid.asp?demo=1

Speech example for units.
    The only important thing is to use command, device, and the room in your sentence. You can mix it in any order and fill in with any word in the sentence.
    Let's say we have a device name "ceiling lamp" in room "living room" in HS setup.
    You can say the command in many different way.

Say: Turn on the living room ceiling lamp
    Say: Can you please turn on the ceiling lamp in living room
    Say: Ceiling lamp in living room needs to turn on
    Say: Power on the ceiling lamp in living room please
    Say: Toggle the ceiling lamp in living room
    Say: Please shut down the ceiling lamp in living room

Say: Hi Homeseer, please turn on bla hmm bla the ceiling lamp bla bla bla in living room bla bla
    SpeechDroid analyze this: Hi Homeseer, please "TURN ON" bla hmm bla the "CEILING LAMP" bla bla bla in "LIVING ROOM" bla bla

If you stumble on the words and make mistakes, just keep talking the correct word in the same sentence.

Say: Event Name Trigger events name

URL
    Put your own URL Name in webcamname and the url in arr_webcam_url
    Say: front door webcam (Show the webcam)
    Say: weather map (Show the weathermap)

Hidden devices in HS is automatic removed from recognized devices in this script.

Callback instructions to Tasker
    SpeechDroid writes 2 lines in html respond for Tasker.
    Line 1: Command (SPEAK|SOUND|IMAGE|URL|RETRY)
    Line 2: (Text of speak|door open.wav|http://www.domain.com/image.png|http://www.domain.com/webpage.html)

Installation:
    Rename speechdroid.asp.txt to speechdroid.asp and place it under HomeSeer html folder.

Import following files to Tasker
    Save SpeechDroid.prf.xml Profile to sdcard/Tasker/profiles
    Save SpeechDroid.tsk.xml Task to sdcard/Tasker/task

Open Tasker on your android, long-press on the Profiles tab open Options, select Import and the the file SpeechDroid
    Do the same for Task tab

You may need to change the ip and portnumer to your HomeSeer server in Task SpeechDroid

You can change to your name Task Data: text=%VOICE&name=Tony
    If you have more than one Android with SpeechDroid, HomeSeer can answer with personal name directly to the phone.

Icon on homescreen
    Make a new widget by long-pressing on a free space on your homescreen, choose Widget, then Task.
    Select SpeechDroid and then the icon that you whant to use. Press the green save icon.

speechdroid.ini
    Use speechdroid.ini to replace name of units, rooms, commands or misinterpretation
    Replace a longname device, if you don't what to rename them in homeseer.
    If your hs room is Master Bedroom and hs device is named: BedroomTV - Samsung 55 3D LED
    Normal you have to say: Turn on the Bedroom TV Samsung 55 3D LED in Master Bedroom
    But if you put this line in speechdroid.ini you could say: Turn on the Master Bedroom TV
    TV=Bedroom TV Samsung 55 3D LED
    or use it for misinterpretation
    Aimee's ready lamp=Amy's reading lamp

There is no max lines but it may slow down the script if you have many rows.

-------------------------
    SpeechDroid xml files does not work on newer version of Tasker.

SpeechDroid for HS3 is now released in Tasker Plugin
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=158888
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tonlof; December 29, 2014, 09:52 AM.
Working...
X