SpeechDroid - Talk to your Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi dan !

I was never really far and kept up to date with the forum, just did not have time to reply on our own technological updates in the last months

Regarding the Moonshine switch, the android phones and tablets crazy pricings pretty much killed the final hope we had for development of these units, altought they are still running A1 on our own local installations.

Basically, we wont be able to match prices between a Wall Embedded Android phone with hstouch and our own customized switch. I understand your needs are probably on the Embedded light relay as well but with these new technologies, our market will just be too low for development.

Note that we have integrated countless in-wall setups with tablets in the last year along with smartlincs from insteon or other server based softwares ( HS still being the best solution but sometimes too complex and pricey for our customer's needs ) and the Android tablets brings thousands more options with the available apps out there.

In 2 words, development is a tough world with the chinese competition growing exponentially fast !

Long live evolution and, once again, fantastic work on the speechdroid project !

Comment

I love Tasker and just found Tony's Profile/Task etc. I have been using some NFC tags and using Tasker to send email to HomeSeer but it takes up to a minute sometimes for the action/event to execute.

I am excited to see Tony's work and try it out but frustrated I can not import the Profile. No matter what I do I am unable to import the Profile. The Task imported just fine. I can not figure out why I can not import the Profile. I have downloaded the file three times, renamed the file and I always get the "Error, please select a file", but no file is listed in Profiles for me to select to import! I have also placed the SpeechDroid.prf in the projects and the auto-import file and still can not import the file. Any suggestions???
      - Cheers, Gary

Comment

Hi, I'm working on a bigger project with tasker and Homeseer thats works in both directions and even over 3G.
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1057975

Thanks and take care.
        Tonlof
        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
        --
        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
          SpeechDroid for HomeSeer by Tonlof
          Update 0.0.2
          You never have to train the learning of voice, Google has allowed thousands of people read texts with different dialects.

You need Tasker application installed on your phone.
          http://tasker.dinglisch.net/ or
          Tasker on Android Market

Demo Mode
          You can try the script from webpage without having Tasker or Android.
          http://homeseer-ip/speechdroid.asp?demo=1
          I've taken interest in this but have a couple of questions.

1) what's the real ip address to test this with (Demo mode). It shows as localhost...

2) so to use this app, do I use S-voice to send commands?

Thanks

Rob
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Creating direct shortcut to SpeachDroid task

Ok,

I think I figured it out. However, is there a way to create a shortcut directly to the SpeachDroid task?

EDIT: you can use tasker app factory to create a specific app for SpeachDroid. Once you do that, it exports the apk file to the tasker/factory/kids folder. You then select and install like any other app. You will be asked for confirmation to accept installs not from googleplay. Select ignore or ok... and your done.

Problem I have with my S3 is the response.txt makes it as far as saying my name. Not sure how to change this.. If I read the file, there's a whole lot more that gets cut off. In addition, Google voice is too loud...

Anyone else seeing this? Is this dead?

Rob
            Last edited by langenet; March 26, 2013, 08:51 PM.
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Interested

I am always trying to find new things to do with my homeseer, and my Android. I have read some of the posting, but not all of them. I bought a tasker and one that came with it. Just wondering what are you guys doing with this. Would like to hear, and maybe start trying some stuff my self. Thanks.
              danielbo

Comment

Hi Danielbo, take a look at my other thread and subscribe http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1057975

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                I am always trying to find new things to do with my homeseer, and my Android. I have read some of the posting, but not all of them. I bought a tasker and one that came with it. Just wondering what are you guys doing with this. Would like to hear, and maybe start trying some stuff my self. Thanks.
                Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                --
                Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by loowee View Post
                  Awesome work ! Works flawlessly after a revision of my devices names.
                  Can you give more details on the event triggering and dim functions ?
                  Can get any event to trigger with the command 'even name trigger night lights off' for example.

Thx and once again, fabulous work !

Im having a hard time figuring these out too. I tried saying execute per the script. Anyone get this working?

Comment

I just gave it a try on my galaxy sII. It doesn't seem to be giving the command to homeseer. It gives me a blank line in the homeseer log for the command, then tells me that it did not understand the command. Not sure what the issue is. I will play with it and see if I can figure it out. If I do I will post back here. Perhaps someone has already found the solution to this issue as I saw the same problem several posts back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawk View Post
                      Think all is installed... can send cmds fr either the demo1 from either the HS server or my android tablet, or test with a voice command using the tasker task on my android, but regardless of way sent, only getting in HS log for each way: (log line 1) "Speech Command", (log line 2) "SpeechDroid Debug Did not understand".

When using the demo for most basic (idiot proof) test, do you type in the command using the names as listed in the device and location lists provided by the demo page... e.g. from my lists: "turn on couch ceiling in living room" and then click on Submit? Am I supposed to replace the "RETRY" and/or "Hi Name, I did not understand" lines below the lists with something?

Any requirements for the attributes of the devices? Does voice command need to be on?

Tom, did you ever figure this out? I enabled voice control on my devices before trying as I assume this is a requirement.

Thanks

Comment

Tasker meets Homeseer

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                        Danielbo,

After reading a few threads about it over the past year, I finally made time to play around with Tasker the last week or two. Already I have several useful tasks/profiles created. They are somewhat specific to my situation and homeseer device mix, but I've had a lot of fun experimenting.

For example, Tasker keeps track of my current location/activity, and reports it to HS by updating a Status Only device value. This is accomplished using the "wifi near" state in Tasker to detect home and work networks, and using periodic GPS updates when out and about. Currently the only useful event triggered by this is the automatic unlocking/locking of my main entrance when my status changes between "Home" and "Out and about", and switching my bedroom lights/fan off when I leave. In the near future I intend to automatically switch on a window air conditioner using my Global Cache Wifi2ir when my HS status changes from "Work" to "Driving". Based on the current HS thermostat temp, of course. And from there a number of other location triggered events present themselves (automatic "Vacation mode" to randomize light patterns while out of town for the weekend, automatic growler or Speaker client notifications to network computers when I'm headed home so my lady can start dinner, arduino based led array to indicate my current status for the same purpose, maintaining a "diary" of locations visited from Homeseer logs).

I also hate searching for the remote to skip commercials, so I created a Tasker profile that I activate by scanning an NFC tag with my Galaxy S3 whenever I'm watching tv. While this profile is active, a shake of my phone runs the "skip forward" event in HS, which in turn sends the IR signal to skip forward 30 seconds on my DVR. A shake front to back skips back 5 seconds.

Also by way of NFC tags, I have "scene" events that run in HS for when I'm going to bed, out to the gazebo, out to the shed. I scan the appropriate NFC tag (located inside the appropriate door) and Tasker sends the HTTP Post command to HS. Much less expensive than installing scene capable switches all over.

It didn't take long for Tasker to become my second favorite software application - next to Homeseer of course!

WeaslyD

Comment

Originally posted by weaslyd View Post
                          Danielbo,

After reading a few threads about it over the past year, I finally made time to play around with Tasker the last week or two. Already I have several useful tasks/profiles created. They are somewhat specific to my situation and homeseer device mix, but I've had a lot of fun experimenting.

For example, Tasker keeps track of my current location/activity, and reports it to HS by updating a Status Only device value. This is accomplished using the "wifi near" state in Tasker to detect home and work networks, and using periodic GPS updates when out and about. Currently the only useful event triggered by this is the automatic unlocking/locking of my main entrance when my status changes between "Home" and "Out and about", and switching my bedroom lights/fan off when I leave. In the near future I intend to automatically switch on a window air conditioner using my Global Cache Wifi2ir when my HS status changes from "Work" to "Driving". Based on the current HS thermostat temp, of course. And from there a number of other location triggered events present themselves (automatic "Vacation mode" to randomize light patterns while out of town for the weekend, automatic growler or Speaker client notifications to network computers when I'm headed home so my lady can start dinner, arduino based led array to indicate my current status for the same purpose, maintaining a "diary" of locations visited from Homeseer logs).

I also hate searching for the remote to skip commercials, so I created a Tasker profile that I activate by scanning an NFC tag with my Galaxy S3 whenever I'm watching tv. While this profile is active, a shake of my phone runs the "skip forward" event in HS, which in turn sends the IR signal to skip forward 30 seconds on my DVR. A shake front to back skips back 5 seconds.

Also by way of NFC tags, I have "scene" events that run in HS for when I'm going to bed, out to the gazebo, out to the shed. I scan the appropriate NFC tag (located inside the appropriate door) and Tasker sends the HTTP Post command to HS. Much less expensive than installing scene capable switches all over.

It didn't take long for Tasker to become my second favorite software application - next to Homeseer of course!

WeaslyD

WOW the first one really sounds cool, I need to sit down and look at it, I might be surprised. I bought it, but never have done anything with it. The hardest thing I have is trying to make a call. Seems like I am all over the place, bring up a bunch of programs before I find the plain old phone. Seems line anything I push I get a list of something. Its crazy, What happen to just pick up the phone and place a call. I can text. I guess I need to set something up to dial by speaking to it.
                          danielbo

Comment

What about other languages?

Dear Tonlof:

Do I have to say Turn off device ... or can I use my native language (spanish ... "Apagar" device)?

Google is detecting fine my spanish words, but the commands I am afraid are coded in english ... is this tue?

Comment

Re: SpeechDroid - Talk to your Android

Seems like it's not finding any of my HomeSeer devices. I'm setup with the isy plug in so HomeSeer uses the isy's devices. Does that make a difference?.
                              Also I did turn on voice commands on the devices.

Comment

I must admit I can't get this to activate an event in HomeSeer... It turns Devices on and off perfectly (haven't had too much to do with dim yet!) In the comments it says to simple say: Event Name to call that event but it doesn't seem to do it? Anyone else got this running events?

Comment

Working...
                                X