Flyport discussion....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flyport discussion....

This is the discussion for the Flyport script. More to come shortly.
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

More...

Ok, I said more to come; here it is. The Flyport is a tiny board with a Microcontroller and 10 GPIOs, 4 analog inputs, a SPI, a UART, and an I2C interface. The one wire interface can be emulated. The great part is it has a wifi interface and web server-- allowing the data to be read and controlled anywhere. Hardwired ethernet versions also exist.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CEAQ8wIwAQ

This board is very small- and uses the OpenPicus (http://www.openpicus.com/) set of tools. It allows the IO to be controlled locally via C code-- or more important to us over the web server. It comes standalone or in a USB nest-- which provides power, connectors, and a USB-serial converter. Using these tools, a web server example can be set up with a wizard.

This script will use that web server example, and load the status of the inputs and outputs into Homeseer devices which can be used to trigger events and the like.

This script also allows the outputs of the sample project to be controlled from Homeseer devices. This requires a function in the web server C code to be replaced (included here), a file to be copied (copy led.cgi to mike.cgi), and for a callback to be added to the startup script. The instructions are all included in the comments.

Put this in your scripts directory, edit it to point to the URL of your flyport, choose a housecode, and everything should work.

I will add support for multiple Flyports in the future, and support for the other interfaces.

------------------------------------------

This is a great way to read status from around your home and control things. I am using mine to read the status of my washer and dryer. The analog inputs can be hooked to temperature and humidity sensors. Drive the relays for your sprinkler system-- all without running wires.
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Awesome script! I've had the Flyport for a few months - finally got around to exploring today.

How are your powering these away from your computer?

Thanks for putting this together!

Brian

Comment

Where is the script?

I looked and looked and looked and couldn't find the script. Changed the browser just in case and no luck. Where is it hidden?

Thanks,

Z.

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
        Ok, I said more to come; here it is. The Flyport is a tiny board with a Microcontroller and 10 GPIOs, 4 analog inputs, a SPI, a UART, and an I2C interface. The one wire interface can be emulated. The great part is it has a wifi interface and web server-- allowing the data to be read and controlled anywhere. Hardwired ethernet versions also exist.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CEAQ8wIwAQ

This board is very small- and uses the OpenPicus (http://www.openpicus.com/) set of tools. It allows the IO to be controlled locally via C code-- or more important to us over the web server. It comes standalone or in a USB nest-- which provides power, connectors, and a USB-serial converter. Using these tools, a web server example can be set up with a wizard.

This script will use that web server example, and load the status of the inputs and outputs into Homeseer devices which can be used to trigger events and the like.

This script also allows the outputs of the sample project to be controlled from Homeseer devices. This requires a function in the web server C code to be replaced (included here), a file to be copied (copy led.cgi to mike.cgi), and for a callback to be added to the startup script. The instructions are all included in the comments.

Put this in your scripts directory, edit it to point to the URL of your flyport, choose a housecode, and everything should work.

I will add support for multiple Flyports in the future, and support for the other interfaces.

------------------------------------------

This is a great way to read status from around your home and control things. I am using mine to read the status of my washer and dryer. The analog inputs can be hooked to temperature and humidity sensors. Drive the relays for your sprinkler system-- all without running wires.

Comment

Working...
        X