Snevl CNN Headlines discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snevl CNN Headlines discussion thread

Please post any comments or issues for the Snevl CNN Headlines script here. The script is posted here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=155094

Steve

So far I haven't heard anything from anyone. Is it working OK?

Comment

Steve,

Just noticed your script. I am replacing my old dot txt script with yours today.

Will let you know how it goes.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Steve,

Just saw your script and I will give it a try soon

Thanks

Thom

Comment

Originally posted by GreenAcres View Post
          Steve,

Just saw your script and I will give it a try soon

Thanks

Thom
          Thom,

Just so you know: This version removes all the hooks for Snevl BetaBrite. I know you at least used to use it with that package, so installing this instead will stop the updates to your sign(s).

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Haven't been able to test; none the less; disabled all the CNN scripts tonight and probably will be removing them anyways.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Fox News #1!

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                Steve,

Haven't been able to test; none the less; disabled all the CNN scripts tonight and probably will be removing them anyways.
                Uhhh, OK. Was it something I said? Anything I can look at, or just don't like CNN any more (like Bill )?

Steve

Comment

Nah; nothing you said.

Yup "thumbs down" on CNN as of today for me.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I get CNN and Fox News emails alerts via email and then parse out the data.
                    I have to shut it down during convention times and such or add a ton of filtering.

Bin Laden being found - that's news.
                    A particular convention speaker - not alert worthy.

~Bill

Comment

Yeah, I hear you Bill. I'm pretty turned off by all the politics right now, and all of the news stations are very little about "news" any more. All of them are biased one way or the other and - more important - only seeking some sensationalism. Conventions are by their very design no longer news. Used to be (I'm getting old) actual decisions were made at the conventions. Now it is only a show, and the news stations all oblige.

As for CNN breaking news: It goes off now every time there is a new speaker at the convention (same thing last week). I wish I could control it, but I only look to see if the "alert" is different than last time.

Ideally, I would allow people to tag stuff they don't want to hear by topic (e.g. politics) or if they want to only listen to what they already believe, they could choose the party affiliation...

Unfortunately, we are not there yet....

Steve

Comment

How about referencing the script to look at an INI file for key words:

[Filter]
                        Always page if contains = republican, romney
                        Never page if contains = democrat, obama

(Lighten up people, some of us righties have a sense of humor despite whatever Bill Maher is saying)

Convert the news string to be lcase(news_string) and the filter words to be lcase so the words 'test' and 'TEST' will not be case sensitive.

~Bill

Comment

Sounds good Bill.

Being born in Chicago, Illinois and being around in the midwest for most of my life I have lost that sense of humor as we've become the "show me" state of the bottom of the barrel scum that epitomizes what is wrong and not right versus what is right and left in political philosophies.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Steve

Is there a reason you dropped the sign.

I also second the ignore wors options

Thanks

Thom
                            Originally posted by stevea View Post
                            Thom,

Just so you know: This version removes all the hooks for Snevl BetaBrite. I know you at least used to use it with that package, so installing this instead will stop the updates to your sign(s).

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by GreenAcres View Post
                              Steve

Is there a reason you dropped the sign.

I also second the ignore wors options

Thanks

Thom
                              I didn't actually drop the sign. The version posted with the Snevl_bb still works fine with the sign. This is for those who don't have the sign.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X