DL Monoprice HDMI Matix plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Looms01 View Post
    Moskus, in your code example, how does the plugin know what serial port is receiving the matrix commands? Don't you need to ALWAYS setup the serial port in the plugin then/and, if you have a serial/tcp server, forward those commands to a specified ip addressort?

The plugin has to be told what serial port is connected to the matrix, correct? If not, I stand corrected.
    No, that's the thing: If you have the same "serial server" as the author has, you can connect to that server and serial port directly without having the computer translate TCP-communication to serial-communication. With my Quatech server I get virtual com-ports, but if you have the same server as the author, you can connect directly via the plugin.

But most users will need to specify a COMort setting.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
      I accidentally disconnected the serial port for my Monoprice switch, and found the following bugs:

1. This plugin's watchdog is set to 10 seconds, but the log file only shows it trying to reconnect every 20 seconds.
      2. After several hours, HS crashes at the exact moment that this plugin tries a reconnect and/or its watchdog makes the log entry. Without having time at the moment to try to further check, I would suspect the recovery functions in the plugin are using up memory/handles on every attempt and after enough hours, HS crashes.

Please have a look at that section of the code to see if there is something that could be improved!
      I hope Drule can have a look at the above bugs!

Comment

He hasn't been around much lately...
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
          He hasn't been around much lately...
          I wonder if he will port to HS3. I hope--this is a cool, cool, cool (that's 3 cools) plugin!

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Looks like OP is not around anymore. Shame, I was hoping this would make it to HS3.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Hey DRule,

Any chance you will post the code for someone else to take a crack at migrating this to hs3?

Comment

I'd also like to see this plug in on HS3

Comment

Working...
                X