No announcement yet.

IP and Serial Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After solving my problem mentioned in comment #185 I want to take my script one step further. I would like to use the plugin to write a command to write a value in my thermostat.
    In order to do this I must send a command with a value from a virtual device. Is this possible?
    This is what I know so far

Dim IPP As Object = hs.Plugin("DR IP/Serial PlugIn")
    IPP.Send("write all room 8", "brainbox")

The "write all room 8" command is fixed know

0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x01 0x01 0x00 0x1a 0x08 0x00

but I would like to build up like this

10 bytes username |10 bytes password | 0x01 | 0x01 |0x0 | 1 bytes frame length| 1 byte roomnumber | nbytes data

I would like use 3 variables (virtual devices) to make the command variable.
    Is it possible to write a command which is not written in the setup part of the plugin but is determent by the script itself?

ps. good to hear about the HS3 development, I will certainly switch when this plugin is available (I cant do without it)

Comment

On Linux...

More as an FYI to anyone else - as I already spoke to David about this...

I just tried the plugin on Ubuntu 13.10 via VirtualBox on a Win 7 host. The plugin initialises and you can see the Received Triggers and Connection Triggers options in the Events setup dropdowns, but the config file is not being read, so the connections and commands etc are not available.

Current thought is the differing file structure of Linux vs Windows, so David will take a deeper look at the SDK documentation when he has some time.

If anyone else can verify that they have the same experience on Linux, that of course will help prove the theory vs me just being a dumba$$ newbie on Linux

This was also my first delve in to the HS3 world, so anything's possible

Cheers
      James
      cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
        More as an FYI to anyone else - as I already spoke to David about this...

I just tried the plugin on Ubuntu 13.10 via VirtualBox on a Win 7 host. The plugin initialises and you can see the Received Triggers and Connection Triggers options in the Events setup dropdowns, but the config file is not being read, so the connections and commands etc are not available.
        Here's a new version. Now reads the config file in both Windows and Linux. Still working on the config interface. It's taking longer than I thought!

-David
        Attached Files

Comment

IP and Serial Plugin

Originally posted by drule View Post
          Here's a new version. Now reads the config file in both Windows and Linux. Still working on the config interface. It's taking longer than I thought!

-David

David, that is working now. Haven't tried anything complex but was able to trigger a light dim action based on a received string from iRule before running out of steam tonight.

For anyone else trying this on Linux, the ini file conversion that Mark suggested isn't required in this case, but also doesn't break it

Cheers
          Last edited by cheeryfool; January 8, 2014, 10:35 PM. Reason: Typo
          cheeryfool

Comment

Minor update to fix a problem reported by cheeryfool. Plugin was inadvertently allowing itself to be used to configure devices. I've done some work on the config interface too. Note however, that it is non-functional at this time! You still have to import your ini file from HS2 (or manually edit it).

-David
            Attached Files

Comment

I have downloaded: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=198

Equip:
              HS3
              GC-100

I have installed plugin and created an ini file (attached) (i was not part of H2 - this is a new install)

I created a few manual trigger events and some work some dont.

I was just wondering in all of your screen shots you have multiple navigation tabs and I only get (attached screen1.PNG)

Just wanted to make sure I was installed correctly as this plugin is great for what I am tring to do with the gc-100 serial ports.

Please take a look and let me know if you need any information to help.

I am coming in very late in the game for this plugin, but I would be happy to provide feedback and help for the beta.

Thanks,
              Steven
              Attached Files

Comment

rs232

i have just installed homeseer hs3 and hstouch.

i would like to control my projector via rs232.

will this plugin help?
                i m a newbie--please help if there is another way

my projector specifications are as under-- page 10 onwards

http://www.audiogeneral.com/Panasonic/ptae8000u.pdf

Comment

HS3 version of IP/Serial Plugin now posted

With drule's go-ahead I have posted the HS3 version of his IP/Serial plugin

The plugin can be found here and the discussion thread here
                  cheeryfool

Comment

Not able to select "Host" as 'Host/Client' when using 'Type' "Serial"

David, I installed your plugin on my Windows 7 HS Pro (v2.x) system. I was able to test TCP and UDP connectivity with success. When I set up a new connection and choose "Serial" as the type, there is no option for "Host" in the drop down. I can only create this connection as a "client".

Any idea as to what may be happening here? Am I doing something incorrectly?

Comment

This appears to be by design

I think this behavior is by design (see my post just previous to this one). I am able to send data bytes via serial to the plugin, however, I am unable to trigger an event based on the data.

I am sending the string "test1" (hex 74 65 73 74 31 0D 0A) <----- notice the CRLF. The plugin is receiving a total of 16 bytes (being sent and received via xBees). I'm guessing that there are some control characters, crc type data, etc being sent with the transmission (I haven't looked at the protocol definition yet). Is it possible for the plugin to ignore all of the other bytes sent and trigger an event based on the 5 (7 with CRLF) bytes embedded within the transmission?

Here is the log entry in HS: CompareArray.Length=5, Data.Length=16

Thanks,
                      Frank
                      Last edited by qwiksilver96; August 16, 2015, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Host/Client doesn't apply to serial connections, they are two-way by definition.

I will have to look at why serial comms isn't triggering events. Hopefully I can resolve that easily.

-David

Comment

Hello Drule,

I'm experiencing a similar issue in your HS3 plugin.
                          I can send the data correctly, but I'm unable to trigger events upon reception. Could it be that the same bug is in the HS3 version?

Kind regards,

Remko.

Comment

Hello.
                            I have made some changes in setting and now, on the startuo, homeseer crashes.
                            Can you tell me where the setting are stored in order to manually modifying the file?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by emabonacchi View Post
                              Hello.
                              I have made some changes in setting and now, on the startuo, homeseer crashes.
                              Can you tell me where the setting are stored in order to manually modifying the file?

Thank you.
                              They are in the drhsIpPlugIn.ini file in the config folder.

Cheers
                              Al
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                                Hi

If you use DHCP and/or wish to use multiple devices you can configure this with 0.0.0.0/0 and it will accept connections from any IP address.
                                Configuring an ip address with "/0" (for example 192.168.1.90/0 or 0.0.0.0/0), homeseer crashes.
                                Configuring ip address without "/0" (for example 192.168.1.90 or 0.0.0.0), homeseer does not crash, but plugin does not work.

Can someone suggest me some way to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X