IP and Serial Plugin

Originally posted by jmsintes View Post
    Hello
    I'm new
    How to install this plugin ?
    thank you
    <!-- / message -->
    Hi

Drop the dll into your root homeseer directory and restart homeseer. Then you need to enable it on the interfaces page of the web UI and then the web configuration pages for the plugin will be available from the Config button.

Let us know if you need more help

James.
    cheeryfool

Comment

I just installed the plugin, i created a serial connection and i added a command..

How can i run the command??

Comment

IP and Serial Plugin

Originally posted by vanisher View Post
        I just installed the plugin, i created a serial connection and i added a command..

How can i run the command??
        Hi Vanisher

There are several ways that you can test / use Drule's plugin. To test your new command / connection, create a new event and add an action type of "DR IP/ Serial - Send Command". Then choose the connection and command from the corresponding drop-downs and save it. You can now run that from the test button on the event on the event main screen. You can also add a trigger to that event to make it happen at a particular time or device status change etc etc

One of the cool features about this plugin is that you can send through commands from one device to another without creating events, using the proxy option in the connections tab.

As an example: I use iRule as a remote from iOS devices. I have a TCP host connection from iRule and a Serial client connection for my Samsung TV. The serial connection is set as a proxy in the host connection and that will pass through any command received from iRule over IP, straight to the TV over serial

For AV control you can make things as simple (pass commands straight through) or as complex (receive a command and trigger an event with many actions) as you want. I try and keep the state of my core AV components and their controls in virtual devices so that I can use both iRule and standard IR remotes interchangeably. Not trivial, but definitely achievable with some effort and a lot less effort with this plugin.

I will try and help further if you need more examples etc

James
        cheeryfool

Comment

OK thank you

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
            Hi Vanisher

I will try and help further if you need more examples etc

James
            Hmm, i have a strange problem i'll guess

My config:

Code:
            [Settings]
            DebugLevel=5
            [Connections]
            Denon=Client,Serial,6,,,,1
            [Commands]
            Volumedown=C Escaped,MVDOWN\n
            PowerON=Raw Text,POWERON
            [COM Ports]
            COM3=11,3,0,0,0,1
            COM4=11,3,0,0,0,1
            COM5=11,3,0,0,0,1
            COM6=11,3,0,0,0,1
            COM8=11,3,0,0,0,1
            I i create an event with a connection trigger i'm not able to select a connection. the dropdown list is empty.
            When i create an action and save the event i see:

(DR IP/Serial PlugIn Error 9.)

on the event page

Comment

Hello David,

Thanks for this great plugin, I have used it now several months and it works great.
              Now I want to trigger an incoming signal
              I have a serial to Ethernet converter with an rfid reader.
              When I test this witch Hercules terminal software
              I can see an incoming tag
              On the tcpip connection 192.168.1.70 port 5000
              If I make a host in the plugin nothing happened
              I have made a script to trigger on the tag

Do you have a tip to get this going?

Thanks Ed

Comment

Originally posted by emmett View Post
                Hi, I am trying to use ROOMIE remote to control and show the status of my homeseer lights. I have setup your plugin and am able to send cammands from roomie to trigger events. I am not sure how to send the device status back to ROOMIE to display if the light is on or off. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
                Emmett
                Hi Emmett

Not sure if you've figured this out or not and I have not used Roomie, but I believe this is what you would need to do.

1. Setup a TCP client connection in the plugin setup screen for the Roomie's IP/port.

2. Create a new event with a trigger of the Device value or status change (depends on what you are trying to achieve)

3. Set the event action to be "DR IP/Serial PlugIn-DR IP/Serial - Send status/value"

4. Choose the new connection that you created in step 1

5. Choose the device that you wish to send status back to the Roomie and then whether you want to send status or value

I was just able to send a z-wave light value to a connection in this way, but as I said, I don't have Roomie to create the exact end-to-end scenario that you have.

James
                cheeryfool

Comment

Hmm, i have a strange problem i'll guess

My config:

Code:
                  [Settings]
                  DebugLevel=5
                  [Connections]
                  Denon=Client,Serial,6,,,,1
                  [Commands]
                  Volumedown=C Escaped,MVDOWN\n
                  PowerON=Raw Text,POWERON
                  [COM Ports]
                  COM3=11,3,0,0,0,1
                  COM4=11,3,0,0,0,1
                  COM5=11,3,0,0,0,1
                  COM6=11,3,0,0,0,1
                  COM8=11,3,0,0,0,1
                  I i create an event with a connection trigger i'm not able to select a connection. the dropdown list is empty.
                  When i create an action and save the event i see:

(DR IP/Serial PlugIn Error 9.)

on the event page
                  Can you tell me a little more about what you are trying to achieve?

From your ini file it looks like you only have one connection at present - presumably for a Denon AVR. Most commonly you would initiate a connection from this plugin by sending a command to the AVR and in that case you wouldn't need to use a connection trigger, you could just add whatever other action you are looking to achieve to the event that sent the command to the AVR.

Anyway, I am guessing here, so share a few more details and I will see if I can help

James
                  Last edited by cheeryfool; January 20, 2013, 10:49 PM.
                  cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                    Can you tell me a little more about what you are trying to achieve?

James
                    You are right, why do i need a trigger I was thinking the wrong way.

Another question, to the Denon i have to send a command followed by a <CR> is that something i can do with C Escaped? like:

MVDOWN\n (for volume down)
                    MVSTANDBY\n (for standby)

Edit: I found it already \r for <cr>
                    This plugin is really great, one of the missing things in my setup.. Managing the Denon AVR.
                    Last edited by vanisher; January 21, 2013, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Data lenght limited ?

Hi,

I was very pleased with this great plugin, retrieving data from a ipx800 I/O card, and sending it to a script with the pass-through feature.
                      This was until the latest firmware change of this device, and the data getting longer.

The string is now 136 digits long.
                      The problem is I get it in two chunks.(127 +56)

Is there a limit to the string that can be passed through ?
                      If yes, could it be increased ?

Thank you again for sharing this.
                      Pierre

The string:
                      GET 00:04:A3:3E:AF:87&In=10000001011000000000000000000000&Out=01 000011000000000000000000000000&An1=0&An2=0&An3=0&An4=0&C1=8& C2=399&C3=80

The log:
                      22:22:28 ~!~DR IP/Serial PlugIn~!~IPX800 host - received TCP packet from: 192.168.0.31, length: 127, containing: GET 00:04:A3:3E:AF:87&In=10000001011000000000000000000000&Out=01 000011000000000000000000000000&An1=0&An2=0&An3=0&An4=0&C1=8& C2=
                      22:22:28 ~!~DR IP/Serial PlugIn~!~RunPtScript: ipx800ald_MAJ.vb, Main, GET 00:04:A3:3E:AF:87&In=10000001011000000000000000000000&Out=01 000011000000000000000000000000&An1=0&An2=0&An3=0&An4=0&C1=8& C2=

22:22:28 ~!~DR IP/Serial PlugIn~!~IPX800 host - received TCP packet from: 192.168.0.31, length: 56, containing: 399&C3=80 HTTP/1.0Host: 192.168.0.1Connection: close
                      22:22:28 ~!~DR IP/Serial PlugIn~!~RunPtScript: ipx800ald_MAJ.vb, Main, 399&C3=80 HTTP/1.0Host: 192.168.0.1Connection: close
                      Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Edit: I found it already \r for <cr>
                        Yes, that's it.
                        cheeryfool

Comment

Hi just discovered this plugin. Does it have the ability to send/receive data via a HTTP Post or Get, eg
                          http://myhsip/script.asp?deviceID=A1?SetStatus=ON
                          or
                          http://myhsip/script.asp?deviceID=A1?GetStatus

Thanks

Comment

How set suffix prefix for event status send

Thank you! This really is a fantastic and useful plugin. I've been using it with demopad to send and receive commands and it's perfect! I'm using the send status action for the first time in an event but I'm not sure what termination is sent by default or how to set the prefix/suffix for the data. I didn't see it in the plugin configuration - did I miss it? Do I have to add something to the ini file?

Comment

I've had this error come up a number of times. Sometimes it just crashes homeseer and today my computer restarted.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I have a HomeTroller (came with Windows XPe). I installed the dll in
                                C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2. I enabled the plug-in. I am getting this error:

1/27/2013 3:09:34 PM - Error - Initializing interface: DR IP/Serial PlugIn->Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

A couple of other folks got this same error last October. I didn't see any resolution to this error. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X