Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randman View Post
    I have a HomeTroller (came with Windows XPe). I installed the dll in
    C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2. I enabled the plug-in. I am getting this error:

1/27/2013 3:09:34 PM - Error - Initializing interface: DR IP/Serial PlugIn->Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

A couple of other folks got this same error last October. I didn't see any resolution to this error. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Thanks.
    Hello friend, I had this problem, solved by installing .net framework 3.5

Comment

Originally posted by maxivane View Post
      Hello friend, I had this problem, solved by installing .net framework 3.5
      I am actually struggling with this myself. I have a HT2 that I am trying to migrate to, that I have already upgraded to HSPro. I don't think the HT2 has any version of .Net on it and I am trying to install the 3.5 SP1 package. It goes through the motions and then errors (with no details) and then reverses out anything it had achieved up to the error.

I also tried following the additional steps in this thread:
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=148612 but no luck yet.

Does anyone have any ideas?
      cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
        I've had this error come up a number of times. Sometimes it just crashes homeseer and today my computer restarted.
        Jayman

I have had similar issues a couple of times, but for me it has always been linked to trying to edit an existing command, especially changing the connection type to/from Serial.

Is that what you were also doing (or had very recently been doing), or is this crashing whilst unattended?

The extra info will help David track this down

Thanks
        James
        cheeryfool

Comment

IP and Serial Plugin

No. It seems just happen randomly. Sometimes I will go to week without it occurring and sometimes it will happen every other day for today.

Comment

is it possible to trigger on a part of the raw text? if yes how can I do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Megaman View Post
              Hi just discovered this plugin. Does it have the ability to send/receive data via a HTTP Post or Get, eg
              http://myhsip/script.asp?deviceID=A1?SetStatus=ON
              or
              http://myhsip/script.asp?deviceID=A1?GetStatus

Thanks

I'm interested in the answer to this as well...

Comment

Wow, nice job on this plugin!

Just started playing with iRule this weekend after my 2nd Logitech Harmony remote died in as many years. I bought the pro builder iRule today.

Installed this plugin and followed the directions and it works perfectly! Love when that happens. Don't need to buy a z-wave gateway now. I can just talk to HomeSeer from iRule and have HomeSeer run the commands.

Comment

Hi, very thanks for this great plugin. I just start to play with HS.
                  So far i can send and get udp without any problem, but i tried to get a feedback from a GC-100-12 but dont have luck, i am making something wrong, lets see if you guys can help me with this.
                  I create a TCP Host, put the ip 192.168.0.160 and the port 4999, but i cant see any response, am i missing something ?
                  log 2/27/2013 1:14:13 PM - DR IP/Serial PlugI - Starting Tcp host for global on port 4999
                  I am trying to get the feedback from my AV7005 in the GC rs232.
                  Very thanks
                  Clayton

Comment

Originally posted by ivanhoek View Post
                    I think you're correct, and trying to fix this may break other, more common use cases. I'll try this on a physical box at some point and see if the behavior changes.

I like the idea of the script, but I'm not sure how to implement. Maybe the simplest way is to read the HS log and use something like grep to match the strings I want and trigger the events.

Also, everything was working perfectly using an ip connection, but it seems to be broken now. Not sure if it's something in my setup, but now over IP I get no responses from the receiver. It executes commands, but there's no feedback now.
                    Have you or anyone else managed to successfully communicate with the device over serial (or IP) ?
                    I am trying to control my Yamaha rx-v2067 through serial using the YNCA protocol, but I have no success so far.

I am using Global Cache 100-12 and virtual com redirector in the computer. When I set up the correct com port in the plug in I commands from the receiver are recognized in the log (e.g. @MAIN:PWR=Standby pops up in the log). But the receiver do not response to my commands.
                    I have tried this plugin, the Global Cache plugin, Hercules, Hyperterminal, iTest etc. I always receive commands from the receiver, but sending never works.

The commands I have tried are @MAIN:PWR=Standby\r\n or @MAIN:PWR=Standby[CR/LF].

What am I missing? I'm new to controlling devices over IP/Serial.

Comment

anyone know if you can use this plugin to control XBMC. I put XBMC on a raspberry pi and want to see how I can control it. Right now I'm using an iphone app but I want to try and control it using hstouch. The DLNA plugin doesn't have enough options from what I've seen.

Comment

What are you looking to do with the plugin? You can start, stop, pause, change volume, and choose media using DLNA. It will also show you what's currently playing.

If you wanted to use the IP/Serial plugin you can as well by creating a permanent connection to port 9090 (once you've enabled 'allow other devices to control this XBMC' or whatever it's called under 'Services') and sending and receiving/parsing the JSON-RPC data.

Comment

IP and Serial Plugin

Originally posted by manxam View Post
                          What are you looking to do with the plugin? You can start, stop, pause, change volume, and choose media using DLNA. It will also show you what's currently playing.

If you wanted to use the IP/Serial plugin you can as well by creating a permanent connection to port 9090 (once you've enabled 'allow other devices to control this XBMC' or whatever it's called under 'Services') and sending and receiving/parsing the JSON-RPC data.
                          Thanks. Could you give me an example of a command using the ip/serial plugin. I read the JSON-RPC api page and am a little confused. What about navigating using the dlna plugin? Can you go back, is there an info button, etc?

Comment

Thank you for your effort in this plugin. Has saved me a lot of time

Will be this plugin compatible with homeseer 3? Is COM based?

Comment

I've successfully used this plugin to generate commands to control XBMC but only some of them like 'left' and 'right'. For some reason up and down and the other commands aren't working using json-api. I have a feeling that the problem is this plugin and not my configuration because the up and down commands aren't that different than the right and left commands (see below). Anyone have any suggestions? Is there something I should be doing differently?

Not sure if this has something to do with it but are the curly brackets interfering with the configuration and putting out commands?
                              Attached Files

Comment

My bad. I had the wrong connection sent for the events. My bad. Btw, works great controlling XBMC with this plugin. Really surprised there isn't an XBMC plugin but I've seen people expressing the same surprise.

Comment

Working...
                                X