Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BDGraphs: Device value recording and graphing (charts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff. The feedback is appreciated!

-BD

Comment

It is Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BD, finally after playing around with Scripting references for a week ( On and Off) Got it to work .
      My initial Settings.ini did not contain a Scripting reference line and I was placing it in the wrong section.
      Finally got it right and I apologize for the delay in getting back to you Now working on customizing graphs ( through ini settings)
      Really good Stuff
      Keep you posted.

Comment

@rmies1: Great news! I was stumped and was convinced something was wrong with the reference - I am glad you figured it out and got it working.

Please share your experiences as you work with it. I am working on 3D and more customizations and will put up an update soon.

-BD

Comment

I am trying to set up some graphs and I guess I missed something.
          For my initial tests I just set up the example in your docs.

Here is what I get in the logs:

10/25/2012 3:50:26 PM - Warning - VB.Net script exception(0), re-starting: Length cannot be less than zero.Parameter name: length
          10/25/2012 3:50:26 PM - Event - Running script in background: BDGraphs.vben("Make",Z3;Z4;96;0;1")
          10/25/2012 3:50:26 PM - Event - Event Trigger "TempGraphMakeGraph"
          10/25/2012 3:50:16 PM - BDGraphs - The value(s), '68.5','63' in table 'OutsideTemperature429806903' was/were added.
          10/25/2012 3:50:15 PM - Event - Running script in background: BDGraphs.vben("Add","Z3;0.01;Z4;.01")
          10/25/2012 3:50:15 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Temp and Humidity"
          Data is going in to the MDB file. See attachment

Any ideas?

CM
          Attached Files
          Last edited by codemonkey; October 25, 2012, 06:07 PM.
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
          Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
          Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

It looks like you are missing a quote mark in the Make function:

Above, you have BDGraphs.vben("Make",Z3;Z4;96;0;1") which should be BDGraphs.vben("Make","Z3;Z4;96;0;1").

Try that and let me know!

-BD

Comment

You know i went over that a hundred times and never saw that.
              Thank you so much it works perfectly!!!

Regards
              CM

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Yes, easy to miss, that one little quote. Glad to hear it's working. Please feel free to pass along any other issues or recommendations for improvement.

-BD

Comment

I have this crazy idea that I was wondering if you could help me with.
                  So I would love to monitor power usage and such. But I do not want to do the electrical work required to use some of the hardware solutions out there. Also this idea would be good for people living in apartments.

The details:

Each light or appliance would have a wattage listed for it.
                  Then with this info, I would monitor the time that these lights and appliances are on during a given month. Add a variable for the current cost per KWh and you can fairly accurately track the cost of each light or appliance in your home.

What do you think? If you need some more detail, let me know.

Cm

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
                    I have this crazy idea that I was wondering if you could help me with.
                    So I would love to monitor power usage and such. But I do not want to do the electrical work required to use some of the hardware solutions out there. Also this idea would be good for people living in apartments.

The details:

Each light or appliance would have a wattage listed for it.
                    Then with this info, I would monitor the time that these lights and appliances are on during a given month. Add a variable for the current cost per KWh and you can fairly accurately track the cost of each light or appliance in your home.

What do you think? If you need some more detail, let me know.

Cm
                    I have a few comments/questions...
                    • I am not sure how this applies to this graphing script... please elaborate. Maybe just the database recording part?
                    • My thinking with this is that you would have to know the status of each device to determine its ON time and OFF times (duty). Therefore, EVERY power user would need a switch that controls and communicates. This is probably not practical given every light switch would need be installed and many devices like appliances cannot be controlled externally (refrigerators, washing machines, etc.).
                    • I personally do have a whole house monitor (Aerotec Z-wave), and it was very easy to install and set up. It reports all the usage of the house, and I like comparing it to devices that I know are on (pool pump, HVAC units x3, lights, etc.)

All that being said, if I can help, I may try... please let me know more about what you are thinking to do.

-BD

Comment

Yah I know it's a week association. But you ave a base set up in place that seems that it would accommodation my request without too much modification.

I realize that this method is not going to be able to monitor every electrical device. I am more interested in monitoring the lights and such that are already part of my HS system. Almost all of my lighting is automated. It would be cool to be able to see at a glance how much each light is costing me each month. Which rooms are costing me more each month to operate. How many hours a day, week, month, year a particular light is on. Stuff like that. Essentially it would be more like an extension of HS's logging. And all graphed out nicely.

CM

Comment

OK, I will tell you what... a while ago I was considering a Duty Cycle calculator script to monitor how much my air conditioners run. As you can imagine, living in South Florida, having 3 units, and being blessed with a wife who lived her former life as a polar bear means a lot of run time, wear on the hardware, and lots of pain in the money clip.

Anyway, I think I can write a script to review the database values and calculate the duty cycle across your passed-in start and end time. You would have to run the Add function each time a device changes state - this will take a bit of work as you will have to create an event for each device. This data can then be used to calculate duty cycle and put it in a new virtual device. You would then have to do the math to multiply the duty times the electric cost for that device. The duty cycle is a percentage from 0% (always off) to 100% (always on), so the simple math would be: duty% * device_watts / 1000 * $/kWh = $ per hour.

I will get on it! In the meantime, feast on my Power status screen. I wrote a script that calculates my costs (see all the Z devices). The cost rates are how much I would be paying for that time period at the current usage. The calculated is the cumulative cost so far this month, and the projected is the calculated amount to the end of the month. The T device is my graph output over the last 24 hours of the power used. Note the ~20kW peak when my A/C's switch to cooler temps in the afternoon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Power.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1167305

-BD

Comment

First off, you are the man!!! Thanks!!!
                          Secondly, holy crap that is expensive!!!!! It's a bad month for me if I burn $70.00 worth of gas and electric.

CM

Comment

Hi,
                            I also tried to run the BDGraphs.vben and I have also the described
                            error in line 22.
                            In my \Homeseer HS 2\ config\ settings.ini I couldn't found a
                            Scripting reference line.
                            Could anybody describe me how and where to add this line in detail ??
                            Thanks and regards from Germany,

Fischi

Comment

To be sure, add it immediately below the [Settings] entry.
                              Jon

Comment

Thanks, Jon
                                I've tried this, but it doesn't run.
                                Here is a part of my HS2 Config\ settings.ini :

[Settings]
                                ScriptingReferences=System.Data;System.Data.DLL
                                StartWithStartPage=False
                                IOCodesExclude=,
                                svrenabled=True
                                app_path=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS2
                                SADProc=True
                                gLastShutdownOK=False
                                gFirstTimeRun=False
                                configfile=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS2\C

Is there a failure ???

Reg. Fischi

Comment

Working...
                                X