No announcement yet.

Daily Reminders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate the feedback. I have enough items in my list now to be able to test pretty much any scenario, except Twitter (which I'm sure will work) and Growl. I do like to have the Daily list device enabled, though I hadn't planned to. It gives a 'daily planner' look to things.
    The aux script should enable you to pass info to any other plugin/interface you like.

Good luck with that drive.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

v2.05
      Only the auxilliary script has been updated. There are no other changes.

New working examples: Run Script, Run Event, Set Device Status/String/Value.

The Run Script/Event functions extend the scheduling capabilities of Homeseer and lend themselves very well to those working a rotating schedule and who may want to, for instance, set a thermostat setpoint at repeating, irregular times/days. This would be accomplished by creating as many items as are necessary to cover the entire repeating schedule. These of course, need not be spoken.

I have yet to code the "Growl" function. If someone could provide the necessary information, I'd be happy to include this.
      Last edited by Wadenut; December 29, 2012, 01:52 PM.

Comment

v2.06
        - Automatically re-sorts the data file immediately on editing.
        - No longer requires a recurring event. A new scheculed event is created and maintained by the script and will only run when required. Items will now be announced immediately on their defined schedule.

Comment

Question for you

Greg - thank you for the hard work you do on all these fun things you give us to do with HomeSeer.

After installing Daily Reminders and testing various functions, I have a question - the event that is created to run Daily Reminders has the "Voice Command Enable:" set to "Mic and Phone" but doesn't have anything in the "Voice Command:" field. Is this necessary or is it a bug when you create the event? I like to disable all VR events unless I'm actually using them as VR has to compile all these commands to use them; unless this shouldn't be set at all for your event?

Thanks
          Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
            Greg - thank you for the hard work you do on all these fun things you give us to do with HomeSeer.

After installing Daily Reminders and testing various functions, I have a question - the event that is created to run Daily Reminders has the "Voice Command Enable:" set to "Mic and Phone" but doesn't have anything in the "Voice Command:" field. Is this necessary or is it a bug when you create the event? I like to disable all VR events unless I'm actually using them as VR has to compile all these commands to use them; unless this shouldn't be set at all for your event?

Thanks
            The intention was you could add the command of your choice.
            After I released that version, I realized VR on that event is rather useless. It likely won't announce anything as items are already announced automatically on schedule, then rescheduled. So, the VR function there will have nothing to do.

I'm using the next, and hopefully final, version here (on test). It includes a separate optional VR event which will repeat all items scheduled for the current day along with the time of day for each one. This version will also include an optional chime to preceed the scheduled announcements. This is intended to grab your attention.
            I just have to finalize the doc and clean out my test log entries to post this one. Meantime, you can safely disable the VR on the existing event. It should remain disabled.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

OK. 2.07 is up.
              - Separate VR event (optional)
              - Optional chime preceeds scheduled announcements.

The only thing left, if someone requests it, would be to break out the redirection strings in a reminder to a separate field. Might look cleaner in the list, and be a bit less confusing.

Comment

I am looking forward to try this script, but I'm afraid that it will be a long ways off. My SSD drive got corrupted and had to replace it ... last known good backup was March 2012 .... Painful ... lots of work ahead of me. Thanks for your efforts

Comment

v2.08

Nothing major. Just cosmetic improvements. Replace the ASH and VBEN files as well as the documentation which is now PDF.

Comment

v2.09

Schedules the event to run every day at midnight for the purpose of updating devices. This means the "Today's Reminders" device will always be up to date whether or not any reminders are scheduled for thie day.
                    Updated Doc.

Comment

Doc file isn't new

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                      Schedules the event to run every day at midnight for the purpose of updating devices. This means the "Today's Reminders" device will always be up to date whether or not any reminders are scheduled for thie day.
                      Updated Doc.
                      I just downloaded v2.09 and have good news and bad news. First, the good news: it works fine, even schedules the midnight event (yay!). Now the bad news: the doc file is still the December 2.07 version.

You're welcome
                      Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
                        I just downloaded v2.09 and have good news and bad news. First, the good news: it works fine, even schedules the midnight event (yay!). Now the bad news: the doc file is still the December 2.07 version.

You're welcome
                        Not such bad news. There weren't that many changes and I did neglect to update that line in the doc.
                        I've replaced the archive (with the correction). Still 2.09
                        Actually, I modified the script more than a month ago and have been using it ever since. It took a back seat for a while while I was working on the thermostat scheduler.
                        Checking the reminders on HSTouch has become one of my early morning rituals. I also have the screen pop up when a reminder triggers.

Comment

????

Hello, do you get this script HS3?

Great script, it would be very boring.

I am a great admirer of your work for your.

thank you

Bonjour , penses-tu faire passer ce script en HS3 ??
                          Super script , cela serait tres interressant.
                          Je suis un de tes grand admirateur pour ton travail.
                          Merci

Comment

I haven't tested the script with HS3 as yet. At any rate, I won't have time to do anything much before fall/winter. The lack of any (so far as I know) documentation for HS3, makes any such task very difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                              I haven't tested the script with HS3 as yet. At any rate, I won't have time to do anything much before fall/winter. The lack of any (so far as I know) documentation for HS3, makes any such task very difficult.
                              The documentation is listed in the HS3 private plugin forums.
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                                The documentation is listed in the HS3 private plugin forums.
                                Which is... um, where?
                                I would have expected the online help to contain some sort of doc re scripting actually.

Comment

Working...
                                X