Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
    Which is... um, where?
    I would have expected the online help to contain some sort of doc re scripting actually.
    It's here and is only available if you signed the NDA for HS3 plugin development.
    http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1127
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

That's all well and good, but not much use at all to most users who might want to convert a simple script.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I "believe" the reason it's still in the private forum is because there are only a few commands available in the beta as more and more are being added into each release. From what I've seen all the older common commands are still in HS3 and haven't changed so you may just want to try the script.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
          That's all well and good, but not much use at all to most users who might want to convert a simple script.
          Personally, I think they are much complicated with HS3, now I feel between the bark and the tree, Z-Wave works very well with HS3 but more suporte x10. Very few plog-in available enfain if you can come back with your script, it would be great. Thank you for your work.

loup

Comment

Originally posted by Loup View Post
            Personally, I think they are much complicated with HS3, now I feel between the bark and the tree, Z-Wave works very well with HS3 but more suporte x10. Very few plog-in available enfain if you can come back with your script, it would be great. Thank you for your work.

loup
            HS3 is beta so there shouldn't be any bark or tree. You should rely on your HS2 setup unil HS3 is stable and test HS3 if you want to be a beta tester.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              It's here and is only available if you signed the NDA for HS3 plugin development.
              http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1127
              The scripting docs, along with the HS3 plugin docs were moved to the public forum on 6/8...

http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...ng/default.htm
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

HS3 is beta so there shouldn't be any bark or tree. You should rely on your HS2 setup unil HS3 is stable and test HS3 if you want to be a beta tester.
                < Tongue in cheek > If the time taken to get the bugs out of HS2 is any indication, I could be old and grey (well, old... already grey) before HS3 becomes stable < /Tongue in cheek >

At any rate, I won't be doing much for several months. Summer is for outdoors. Currently scraping the house to re-paint.

I've already tried a few of my scripts. They error out. Haven't tried this one but expect the same.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                  The scripting docs, along with the HS3 plugin docs were moved to the public forum on 6/8...

http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...ng/default.htm

Great, thank you very much, I look a little ca, can you tell me why this is more complicated than HS2?? I'm not a programmer, I just made ​​a script for personal use, but since the beta release of HS3, everything seems complicated with the plug-in? Can you explain the difference? and thank you again for the info, c ca is what I wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Loup View Post
                    Great, thank you very much, I look a little ca, can you tell me why this is more complicated than HS2?? I'm not a programmer, I just made ​​a script for personal use, but since the beta release of HS3, everything seems complicated with the plug-in? Can you explain the difference? and thank you again for the info, c ca is what I wanted.
                    Hi Loup!
                    Yes, plugins overall are much more complex than simple scripting. Plugins allow you to integrate completely with HS and be able to inject your own Actions, Triggers and Conditions. You can also integrate a web page for status or configuration.

Scripts are much more single-focused. They generally perform a quick action, although you can get quite complex with scripting. Think of a script to just perform a quick function.

Hope this helps!
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

The documentation is listed in the HS3 private plugin forums.
                      And so, those of us who have scripts that others are using with HS2 are left to tell them, "Nope" when asked if we are supporting or have any plans to support HS3.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                        And so, those of us who have scripts that others are using with HS2 are left to tell them, "Nope" when asked if we are supporting or have any plans to support HS3.

Steve
                        That's pretty much it for now. I expect the learning curve will be steep though. Getting started is the tough part. I have over 300 scripts of my own to try to port over... one at a time. Most of them are not so 'simple'.

Meantime, HS2 is running fine for me. Even though I've purchased an HS3 license, I feel no pressing need to upgrade, downgrade or sidegrade.

Comment

Steve
                          Nope. See post #51 for the public link to the scripting info. I wasn't aware it had been made public.

Comment

Nope. See post #51 for the public link to the scripting info. I wasn't aware it had been made public.
                            Oh, well... If that is the extent of what we'll see with respect to how to move scripts from HS2 to HS3, I guess I can say with some certainty that I probably won't ever bother. Not much help.

Steve

Comment

Oh, well... If that is the extent of what we'll see with respect to how to move scripts from HS2 to HS3, I guess I can say with some certainty that I probably won't ever bother. Not much help.

Steve
                              Steve,
                              Very little has changed in the scripting arena. So far all commands that I have tested are identical. The only issue I have is many of the commands haven't been converted yet.

Comment

Steve,
                                Very little has changed in the scripting arena. So far all commands that I have tested are identical. The only issue I have is many of the commands haven't been converted yet.
                                Rupp,

I've been exchanging info with some others here via email, and it appears there are many (59 by last count) methods that are either gone completely (the majority of the 59) or changed significantly. What I was hoping for (and so was pretty disappointed that all you pointed to was the partially updated script help file) was something that gave some guidance for what to do in moving an HS2 script to HS3. Here's a few simple questions that such a guide would probably be pretty useful for: (1) hs.ExecX10() used to be a "universal" ON/OFF method, even for things that were not X10. If you just want to represent things in virtual devices as ON or OFF, how is that done now? (2) Previously, status and value were separate for devices. If we used both status and value before, what are some suggested ways to work around this now? (3) Previously, the hs.IsOn() and hs.IsOff() (both gone now) were pretty useful to check on status. Those are gone now. What are the alternatives?

I really think there are probably thousands of scripts for HS2 (maybe nearly a million lines of code), many of which people have written for their own personal use, and some which are used by lots of people. I believe it would be pretty useful for Rich/Rick to spend a little time trying to document the process, since they obviously have already had to go through it themselves.

The help file is really of only minimal use. It may help someone trying to write a new script from scratch, but even then lots of the examples are still in VBScript rather than VB.NET (supposedly not even supported under HS3). It appears to be the HS2 script help, moved to the new help framework and taking out the commands that are gone. Then the new CAPI stuff was tossed in, with no context to the old methods or the other remaining methods, so it appears to have no connection with anything.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X