No announcement yet.

Daily Reminders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before anyone asks; due to the fact that many of the methods used by the DailyReminders script are not available for use in HS3, namely those related to creating and modifying event schedules, this package will not be updated for HS3.
    If the situation changes in the future I'll reassess this decision. It's unfortunate that the developers chose to limit functionality by choosing this route.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I've managed to get around the event issue and the script does run in HS3.

The only thing at this point preventing me posting an HS3 version is creating an ASP.net page to go with it. The old ASP page does work (sorta) with HS3 but I'm having trouble with hs.GetPageHeader. It doesn't seem to display properly.
      Two routes to try: 1. Get the old ASP working, or 2. Learn ASP.NET and write a new page. #1 would certainly be easier on my head.

Now, the question becomes "Is there any point?" ie: Does anyone still want this?

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
        ... Does anyone still want this?
        Greg, I'm one of the holdouts who has bought HS3 but still running HS2 because not everything I use has been ported over yet -- including your handy reminders script. So I would like to see it ported to HS3, but I'm not in any hurry as I won't use it right away.

Thanks for all your relentless hard work!

FWIW
        Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
          Greg, I'm one of the holdouts who has bought HS3 but still running HS2 because not everything I use has been ported over yet -- including your handy reminders script. So I would like to see it ported to HS3, but I'm not in any hurry as I won't use it right away.

Thanks for all your relentless hard work!

FWIW
          Thanks for the word of support. HS3 has, in my opinion, a lot of deficiencies.
          I have the script running and can use the old ASP page with it.
          - The page header is giving me problems, but I do have a work around built in.
          - I'd like to provide a link on the HS menu to the page so we don't have to type in the link each time, but this too is being difficult. HS3 documentation indicates it should work but, as is the case with many things, doesn't. I'm hesitant to add a bug to Bugzilla until I know whether or not anyone else has run into this problem.
          When I do register the link, the page becomes impossible to access at all.

Comment

I have an HS3 version ready to go except for one point. There's a problem with GetPageHeader in my ASP page. Put simply, it isn't working as of HS 3.00.149. It was working fine in HS 3.0.0.147.

Now the question. The script functions. Is anyone going to be upset if I simply omit the HS page header and run with it, or should I simply post it as is with the page header garbled for the time being and hope for the best in future versions of HS?

Comment

Ah, just post it
              FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by fungun View Post
                Ah, just post it
                Perhaps in a few days. Right now I'm trying to convert the page to ASPX to see if that'll fix the header. Not an easy task as I don't know the first thing about ASPX (I need a "Total Recall" implant.) Too lazy to sit down and learn the language; I want results now.
                I'm just dealing with the errors as they pop up when I try to run it. I think I'm about 80% done but stuck at the moment.

- Here's a teaser though... It's more relaxed about accepting the time in AM/PM or 24 hour formats. I think it'll let you forget the colons too, but I won't swear to that yet.
                - Creates the devices and event for you if they're not found. In HS3 the devices are grouped too.
                - Redirection to Twitter, etc. should work now. I don't think anyone ever noticed it didn't before, which tells me no-one actually uses that function.

Comment

OK. The wait is over.
                  HS3 Version available, as well as a new and improved HS2 version. Version is 2.11.

I've been running this for several weeks now without any issues.

Comment

new user

OK, I have not used your daily reminders previously, but figured with the update to run on HS3 I'd give it a shot.

I think I have missed something in the start up/ initial config of this.

When I ran the Daily Reminders.vben script after startup I got these in the error log. used: hs.RunScript "Daily Reminders.vben",True,True

Code:
                    Dec-18 1:13:19 PM         Error 3    Running script Daily Reminders.vben :Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->Does entry point Main exist in script? at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at A.c17b105f989efe61e5979e67bec1ef734.cffd66cb0782c50126727e3fa75582d7a()   
                     Dec-18 1:13:19 PM         DailyReminders    Device created V73 'Daily Reminders Next Reminder' Ref=269   
                     Dec-18 1:13:19 PM         DailyReminders    Device created V72 'Daily Reminders Latest Reminder' Ref=268   
                     Dec-18 1:13:19 PM         DailyReminders    Device created V74 'Daily Reminders Todays Reminders' Ref=267   
                     Dec-18 1:13:19 PM              Creating event: Daily Reminders VR   
                     Dec-18 1:13:19 PM              Creating event: Daily Reminders Redirection
                    After that, I believe I am supposed to be able to navigate to /dailyreminders.ash, but when I do I am getting an ugly error that is pointing to DailyReminders.CSV not found. I did double check, and the sample csv that came with is in the scripts folder.

So, I'm not really sure what is up.
                    HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Originally posted by misraels View Post
                      OK, I have not used your daily reminders previously, but figured with the update to run on HS3 I'd give it a shot.

I think I have missed something in the start up/ initial config of this.

When I ran the Daily Reminders.vben script after startup I got these in the error log. used: hs.RunScript "Daily Reminders.vben",True,True

Code:
                      Dec-18 1:13:19 PM         Error 3    Running script Daily Reminders.vben :Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->Does entry point Main exist in script? at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at A.c17b105f989efe61e5979e67bec1ef734.cffd66cb0782c50126727e3fa75582d7a()   
                       Dec-18 1:13:19 PM         DailyReminders    Device created V73 'Daily Reminders Next Reminder' Ref=269   
                       Dec-18 1:13:19 PM         DailyReminders    Device created V72 'Daily Reminders Latest Reminder' Ref=268   
                       Dec-18 1:13:19 PM         DailyReminders    Device created V74 'Daily Reminders Todays Reminders' Ref=267   
                       Dec-18 1:13:19 PM              Creating event: Daily Reminders VR   
                       Dec-18 1:13:19 PM              Creating event: Daily Reminders Redirection
                      After that, I believe I am supposed to be able to navigate to /dailyreminders.ash, but when I do I am getting an ugly error that is pointing to DailyReminders.CSV not found. I did double check, and the sample csv that came with is in the scripts folder.

So, I'm not really sure what is up.
                      Sorry for the delay. I didn't notice your post.
                      The .csv is actually supposed to be in \data\Daily Reminders.

I've actually just noticed a potential problem with announcements though. I'm looking at it now. Don't know what's happened there yet.
                      Last edited by Wadenut; December 22, 2014, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Well, that was easy. I'd had a line commented while debugging and forgot to re-enable it.
                        Adapting this to HS3 caused me some issues as well with both versions. I'll have all this cleared up in a few hours hopefully.
                        I want to do a little work on the ash/asp as well; namely to create the data file if it's not found, and to make it compatible with both versions. That will make things easier on me in future.

Comment

V2.12
                          will correct the problem with nothing being announced.
                          Better memory management.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                            V2.12

Better memory management.
                            can you re-write the script for my head?
                            would love better memory management
                            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                              can you re-write the script for my head?
                              would love better memory management
                              After all the rush lately, my head is pretty messed up too.
                              Need a Garbage Collection done, but it doesn't seem to run regularly enough.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X