Daily Reminders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Reminders

The script will manage reminders to be announced on a daily basis, perhaps during morning announcements.

What I'm looking for at this point is input and perhaps some feedback. Consider this a preliminary release as I have many enhancements in mind.

Package can be found here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=156033
    Last edited by Wadenut; October 4, 2012, 06:56 AM.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Cntinued from another thread...

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
    When i get home, and it is a Wednesday the below is triggered, it then works out if it is an even or odd day, and says whether it is a rubbish night, or rubbish and recycling night since the recycling alternates every 2nd week.
    So basically you might need to have a reminder repeated at various times per day rather than all at once; maybe even during a particular time of day per item. I'm trying to get a feel for how people might use this. The script I've written is intended so far to announce any reminders for the day once, then advance the date for that item to the next schedule, be it a number of days, weeks, months, years, or a particular day of the week. The advantage to this approach is that a single HS event can manage an unlimited number of reminders at separate schedules.
    I can accomodate by adding a separately called routine to do the updates for everything once a day, perhaps at midnight. That way "today's" reminders will be available at any time during the day. I think I can easily add a time of day, or multiple times to announce a particular item as well.
    I have one other person, besides myself testing this right now. I'm happy with the results so far.

Comment

When will it be available to try?
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I wanted to avoid having to post many updates as the data file format may change if I start adding all the enhancements I mentioned, but so long as it's understood that this may happen, I see no reason not to post it now as, as far as I'm concerned it's working very well so far as is.
        I will be looking for feedback.

The link is in the first post.

Comment

Are no comments good commebts, or should I rush back to work?

Comment

Hi, I have a question, I find your program lately, this is the best I've seen lately, it is great, I have a problem suste it works well with the current date but when it shows "22/14/2012, 1, d; salvation, it does not repeat the next day Why??

Otherwise it would extraordinairer ..
            thank you to answer me this is a great program that I would like it works

Comment

Originally posted by Loup View Post
              Hi, I have a question, I find your program lately, this is the best I've seen lately, it is great, I have a problem suste it works well with the current date but when it shows "22/14/2012, 1, d; salvation, it does not repeat the next day Why??

Otherwise it would extraordinairer ..
              thank you to answer me this is a great program that I would like it works
              You need to use semicolons as delimiters. Commas won't work.
              I'm not sure spaces are a good idea either. This was an oversight and I will look into it.
              Another thing I've just noticed: Use upper case D (also Y and M). This too I will fix.

Your line should look like:

22/14/2012;1;D;salvation;

Although I have to wonder what calendar has 14 months???

Note too: a past date will not be recognized as it will never match the current date.
              Last edited by Wadenut; October 24, 2012, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Version 1.04 is the second release. Found in the library.
                It will fix the days added problem Loup noticed. (I'd actually posted an earlier test version by mistake)
                It also will take care of leading or trailing spaces used in the ini (something I hadn't considered), as well as the use of lower case characters (d,w,m,y etc).

Thank-you for the feedback.

Comment

Wadenut... can you post some screenshots in your first post for people?

i for one am reinstalling EVERYTHING from scratch... when I think of reminders.. the first thing that comes to my mind is the maintenance script.... i know it isnt being worked on anymore... so i am interested in testing yours out but would like a small visual first.... also maybe some good things in there you can incorporate if you havent?
                  i know it does a great job!
                  HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Comment

Looking forward to try your plugin this weekend. May I make a suggestion, it would be nice to be able to mark that reminder as complete. I could have HSTouch display the reminders and click on it to close it or postpone it in the future.

Thanks,
                      Aldo

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                          Wadenut... can you post some screenshots in your first post for people?

i for one am reinstalling EVERYTHING from scratch... when I think of reminders.. the first thing that comes to my mind is the maintenance script.... i know it isnt being worked on anymore... so i am interested in testing yours out but would like a small visual first.... also maybe some good things in there you can incorporate if you havent?
                          i know it does a great job!
                          I'm not familiar with the "maintenance script".

There really are no screen shots to post. Everything is in the included doc.
                          The only thing to be mindful of is the exact format to be used in the ini.
                          I haven't gotten so far as to write anything like an ASP page to control this. I'd have to learn something about ASP first.
                          Just create an event to run the script once a day. It isn't capable of anything like time of day yet.

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                          Looking forward to try your plugin this weekend. May I make a suggestion, it would be nice to be able to mark that reminder as complete. I could have HSTouch display the reminders and click on it to close it or postpone it in the future.

Thanks,
                          Aldo
                          Right now, recurring reminders are updated to the next scheduled date.
                          Any reminder that does not re-occur is simply removed from the file once it's been announced. The idea was to keep the file uncluttered.

Right now, a reminder is announced only once a day, then rescheduled. Time of day announcements is one thing I had considered. When I have time, I'll look at this.
                          I never expected this much interest in this actually. Perhaps in time, it will evolve, but right at the moment I'm dealing with some problems with HS itself. Once I've gotten past that, I'll consider some of these improvements.

Thanks all for the interest.
                          (BTW, anyone interested helping in developing some ASP for this? It's beyond my abilities at the moment. I can provide any info as necessary.)

Comment

Is it possible to send the output to a Tweet (using the HS Tweet plugin) or a Growl witht he plug in as well? My wife really hates to hear the computer talk, but I could send the reminders to my phone with either of these 2 methods

Thanks
                            Bernie

Comment

Originally posted by bernieb View Post
                              Is it possible to send the output to a Tweet (using the HS Tweet plugin) or a Growl witht he plug in as well? My wife really hates to hear the computer talk, but I could send the reminders to my phone with either of these 2 methods

Thanks
                              Bernie
                              I don't use Tweet nor Growl. I'm open to suggestions on how to accomplish this.

Comment

Working...
                              X