No announcement yet.

Daily Reminders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my testing, if installed "Daily Reminders csv" directly into the given Data are read (but not be reached on the web page DailyReminders ash) but if instaler a folder in Data and is housed in the given DailyReminderscsv not read.

example:

1: Direct DailyReminders in Data = Log:
    2014-12-27 11:59:06 DailyReminders File Error: File C: \ Program Files \ HomeSeer HS2 \ Data \ DailyReminders \ DailyReminders.csv not found. DailyReminders script terminated
    2014-12-27 11:59:06 DailyReminders Data File Read Failed

2: DailyReminders in: Data / DailyReminders / DailyReminders.csv = log:

2014-12-27 12:09:55 Info Running script in background: Daily Reminders.vben

but nothing happens. Given unread.

I hope this can help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
      What do you expect to happen?

Provided everything has been installed, you should have three devices in Location1 = Daily Reminders; Latest Reminder, Next Reminder, and Today's Reminders. You should also have three events in the category Daily Reminders; Next Daily Reminder (this is rescheduled each time a reminder is to be scheduled. If you enter a reminder with the proper date and time format, the scheduled date time will either be that date/time or midnight; whichever comes first.), Daily Reminders VR (B) (This is for retrieving reminders over the phone or by voice recognition), and Daily Reminders Redirection (this probably won't be used... it's for redirecting the reminders to email, twitter, etc.)
      Ok, sorry, it just does not work for me, but if it is ok for the other it's going. The problem may just be on my side.

But thank you for your good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Loup View Post
        Ok, sorry, it just does not work for me, but if it is ok for the other it's going. The problem may just be on my side.

But thank you for your good work.
        Perhaps these will help. This is under HS2, but the setup is identical. I use this package exactly as it comes from the ZIP.
        Attached Files
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

2014-12-27 12:09:55 Info Running script in background: Daily Reminders.vben
          This tells me everything is fine.

but nothing happens. Given unread.
          I don't know what you're expecting. Are you saying the reminder you entered isn't on the list?
          Nothing more will happen until the date/time of the next scheduled reminder. At that time, the Device "Latest Reminder" will be populated. At midnight, the other devices will be populated (if there's anything to be scheduled)... Today's Reminders and Next Reminder.
          The event Next Daily Reminder will be rescheduled each time to trigger at the next midnight (every day) or to the date/time of the next reminder, but ONLY when it occurs on the current day.

Comment

Ok, I think I've found. I kept your CSV file, but with me the date is different format, I start all the CSV file with my dates, it seems to work.
            My dates are: 2014-12-27

I'll expect tomorrow to see if everything works. again THANK YOU

Comment

I'll keep that in mind. When I fix the directory issue, I'll update the doc to "suggest" deleting the examples first.

Comment

Comment

I am aware there may be something going on with V74 (Today's Reminders). Right now though as I look at it, it's fine. I have three items listed for today. Other times when I think there ought to be something there, there isn't. It's likely something I broke in adapting to HS3. I'll be looking for the problem, whatever it may be, so stay tuned.
                  Right now though, I've been concentrating on "Random Lights".

Comment

The problem is with HS3 only. It is NOT a problem with the script.

In HS3, both hs.DeviceLastChange and hs.DeviceLastChangeRef are supposed to return the Date and Time the specified device last changed status. This is not the case.
                    Both are returning only the Time, not the date.
                    Correction: HS3 always returns 12:00:00 AM. Nothing valid at all in fact.

I've entered a bug report in Bugzilla, but in the meantime, I'll see what I can do to get around this problem. This isn't the first time I've run into this type of problem with HS3.

Bug 2514

Edit: I have a workaround. My devices are already populated for today, so I'll have to wait a day to be sure this fix actually handles the problem as expected before posting the update.
                    Last edited by Wadenut; January 4, 2015, 08:21 AM.

Comment

I believe I have this problem licked. I only get one chance a day however to see the results.

For the time being, for HS3 only, the last change date/time will have to be stored in the Device Value. Once HST fixes the problem with DeviceLastChange, the script should automatically switch back to using it without requiring another update. In the meantime however this means that any Value/Graphic/Status pairs assigned to the "Todays Reminders" device won't be of any use.
                      I need to test these changes in both HS2 and HS3 for a few days before posting, as both share about 99% of the code. There won't be any functional changes to the HS2 version.

Comment

hmmm. Yet another HS3 bug?
                        The event is supposed to run every day at midnight to update the "Todays Reminders" device, and IS scheduled to do so, but just doesn't run. Thus, left alone, no reminder will ever trigger. Every other time of day does appear to run properly. Sooooo... More testing; with another test event scheduled for midnight; and compromising here so that this event runs at 12:01 AM instead. Will this work? Tune in tomorrow.
                        Once again, this same method works properly under HS2. Is HS3 really an improvement???

Comment

12:01 AM works!
                          Will test these changes under HS2 as well, then update the ASP for both to create the data directory if not found, and update the doc before upload.

Comment

v2.14 is available.
                            Fixes a few issues which were peculiar to HS3. Minor changes to HS2 version to sustain compatibility of the body of the script to both versions. Removed a bit of debugging code which some may have previously noticed.
                            In the event that the \Data\DailyReminders\ folder and/or DailyReminders.csv data file does not exist or has been deleted, it will be created the first time the web interface is run. This function isn't included in the script, so it is possible, however unlikely, for an error to be thrown until the webpage is run and creates the folder and data file. This is by design, as without a data file to act on, there's nothing for the script to do anyway.

HS3 only: The hs.DeviceLastChange functions, as of HS 3.0.0.149 do not return valid data. This information is used to update the device string once per day so that all reminders for that day are included. Until this bug is fixed, the Date of the last update to the "Todays Reminders" device will be stored in the Device Value field. It would be advisable to avoid defining Status/Graphic pairs for this device until the situation has changed, or to use a value range of 0-99999999 to display an icon if desired. The script will switch to using DeviceLastChange once some future version of HS3 returns valid data. The DeviceValue is not used otherwise for any purpose by the script.

Comment

Hello, still me I'm a fan of your work. Quick question, I noticed that it has a event (SpeakToDayVR) is Functional ?? If yes have can change the speaker ??
                              thank you again

Comment

Hello, still me I'm a fan of your work. Quick question, I noticed that it has a event (SpeakToDayVR) is Functional ?? If yes have can change the speaker ??
                                thank you again
                                The script, through that event, will respond by reading the current days reminders.
                                If the event is triggered through the speaker client VR, the script will respond using the Speaker client.
                                If triggered via Phone VR, it will respond over the phone line only.
                                There is actually, at this point, no distinction between one speaker client or another. I don't believe it is possible to know exactly which, of multiple, clients may have triggered the event.

Comment

Working...
                                X