No announcement yet.

Daily Reminders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A small question: I remember the event that are only in the summer or else only the winter. When reminiscent of summer must end, I must simply remove the plugin and redo one by one when summer is back. Would it be possible to have an end date for certain event (Recalls)? thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Loup View Post
      A small question: I remember the event that are only in the summer or else only the winter. When reminiscent of summer must end, I must simply remove the plugin and redo one by one when summer is back. Would it be possible to have an end date for certain event (Recalls)? thank you
      I'll need to give that some thought.
      The problem here is that such a change is going to make existing data files obsolete.
      Last edited by Wadenut; February 5, 2015, 04:55 AM.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
        I'll need to give that some thought.
        The problem here is that such a change is going to make existing data files obsolete.
        Maybe just a hook that disables the reminder, it is just an idea.

Comment

I think I can do this. It will require me to include a conversion to add the extra field to an existing file. This will likely be automatic so no one loses their existing data.

Comment

You'll be happy to know that in the next version you will be able to schedule start and stop dates for reminders in addition to the current methods. You'll also be able to specify day/month start and stop for all years, as well as absolute start and stop dates.
            Ie: May 3, 2015 to Sep 12, 2015, or Nov 12, 2015 to Feb 15, 2017, as well as May 15, Y to Sep 30, Y Or June 1, 2015 to Oct 31, Y. (Where a 'Y' will fit any year). The schedules can span year end as well.
            There will be no loss of information and no need to manually adapt your current data file. The conversion will be automatic and should be backward compatible.

I have all this working now, but I've had to shelve it for a while to work on other projects. I want to test various aspects of the new feature some more and also need to work on another planned feature before I can release this.

HS2 and HS3 versions will be released.

Comment

Sorry it took so long, but I've been working on this for the past day or two. Too many projects on the go at once. It's running now on HS3. I need to verify every possible condition, which could take a few more. Looking good so far. When I'm happy with this, I'll also test it under HS2.

You'll be able to define a Start and Stop date for each reminder. The Start and Stop can be defined to occur on a yearly basis or can be defined as one time periods: June 3/2016 to July 9/2016 for example; or June 3/Y to July 9/Y to occur every year.

Stay tuned.

Comment

Sorry it took so long, but I've been working on this for the past day or two. Too many projects on the go at once. It's running now on HS3. I need to verify every possible condition, which could take a few more. Looking good so far. When I'm happy with this, I'll also test it under HS2.

You'll be able to define a Start and Stop date for each reminder. The Start and Stop can be defined to occur on a yearly basis or can be defined as one time periods: June 3/2016 to July 9/2016 for example; or June 3/Y to July 9/Y to occur every year.

Stay tuned.
                Wow, talk looks promising.

Comment

Wow, talk looks promising.
                  Shouldn't be long now. A few finishing touches & a couple of new additions.

Comment

Looks like we're a GO.
                    I put a copy on my production machine this morning. If all goes well for a few days (and I don't think of anything more to add), the new version will be posted within a few days.
                    All that remains now is to update the documentation.

Comment

On putting the new documentation together, I realized one function of this package had been unjustly overlooked. That being it's ability to redirect output to other programs or plugins, send SMS or email messages, and to control Homeseer devices and run other Events or scripts when reminders execute. I admit, I don't use this function myself, but it was included originally at the request of a user.

An example script had been provided originally but had never been fully tested nor, I admit, completed. I've just looked at this script and found I'd added a number of notes and trace logs to my copy some time in the past.

My question is this: Is it worth my time to put any more effort into this auxiliary script (while at the same time producing a version specific to HS3) or not?

If there are no responses, I'll assume there is no value to be added and won't waste my time on it. Regardless, the existing example version will still be included.

Comment

Looking at the Redirection function I've realized it's much more powerful than I'd remembered. I've decided to update it to make it compatible with some of the changes I've made to the main script, and at the same time, develop a version for HS3.

The work on the Redirection script shouldn't be too involved. I have the main script running on two machines now and it seems to be where I want it to be. The second machine is testing a variety of Date combinations (15 permutations in all) so any problems should appear there.
                        Last edited by Wadenut; February 25, 2016, 06:15 AM.

Comment

V 2.3.1 Posted.

Version 2.3.1 for both HS2 and HS3 is posted in the library.

There are quite a few modifications and improvements including Date Range validity for reminders, some format changes and a few more added features.

Redirection is now fully supported in HS3 as well as in HS2. This is quite a powerful option and deserves study/attention.

Comment

Version 2.3.1 for both HS2 and HS3 is posted in the library.

There are quite a few modifications and improvements including Date Range validity for reminders, some format changes and a few more added features.

Redirection is now fully supported in HS3 as well as in HS2. This is quite a powerful option and deserves study/attention.
                            Great, thank you.

Comment

I just installed and am beginning to configure. Something I do not see covered in the docs - can I change Location 1 and Location 2 without breaking the function?
                              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I assume you mean the devices created by the script.

I just had a check; there should be no problem changing the locations.

The script does check to see if the devices exist but only looks at the Device Code. If you were to change that without updating the INI file, then the devices would be recreated; but the location is only used in the initial creation of the devices.

If the need arises to update again, I'll include this in the doc. Thanks for bringing it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X