Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wadenut
    replied
    In re-reading this thread, I noticed a couple of requests that haven't been addressed.

"Keeping expired reminders on the list". I could do this but how do we keep the file uncluttered? Expired announcements won't affect operation, but they'd have to be manually deleted at some point.

"Twitseer and Growl" (perhaps others). I still need some information on how I might accomplish this. Would these plugins be able to pick up the information from an external text file or a device string?

Another feature I want to add is sorting the list by date, so that as the file grows, it'll be easier to read, especially if we keep expired items on the list. This shouldn't be difficult, but priority depends on how many users there may be, so feedback is important.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Version 2.01 is posted. It includes the enhancements I described in the previous post.
    If using a previous V1 version, I'd advise printing your existing data (INI) file, then deleting all previous files before installation and the existing event. You can then re-enter your data using the included form. The old data file is incompatible with this version. Instructions are included in the ZIP.
    Thanks go to "stevea" for his assistance.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I just noticed your post.

The problem I have with supporting Twitter or Growl (whatever that is), is that I don't use either. I'd have no way to test.

I am currently testing a new version 2.0x.
    It fixes a couple of bugs I've found, but the main reason for the next version is to add an editable table via HTML. No more manual editing of the INI.

I was also thinking about the time of day request. I can sort of do this, but as a script can't trigger an event, it would be a matter of running the script periodically during the day, rather than just once per day. The script would check the date and a time of day parameter for each item. If the date matches, and the time has passed (or matches exactly to the minute), the reminder would be announced and then rescheduled to the next date (not time) or deleted as necessary. Id you want multiple time of day announcements, you can always create multiple entries.

What think the masses?

Leave a comment:

• bernieb
    replied
    So here's my thought ... take it with a grain of salt, I am not the programmer

I think that a possible solution would be to include and [OUTPUT] section in your .ini config file, there you would have 3 entries:
    Speach=1
    Tweet=0
    Growl=0

User could activate only one or multiple.

I don't know how your script works but if it uses hs.speak, I would think that you could use the command line entries from the Twitseer and Growl plugins to send the messages. If two are selected, the reminders would be spoken as well as sent to the notification plugins.

See first post of each thread for syntax
    Twitseer
    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=140644

Growl
    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=137473

While writing this, I could see someone asking for Email notification as well.

Another approach would be to add parameters to the reminder, this way some could be spoken only, some could be a mixture of all.
    Example:
    1=12/25/2012;1;y;S;T;G;Merry Christmas to you all; Would send to all 3
    2=1/1/2013;1;y;S;;;Happy New Year; Would only do the speach

Thanks for considering
    Bernie
    Last edited by bernieb; October 25, 2012, 03:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Originally posted by bernieb View Post
    Is it possible to send the output to a Tweet (using the HS Tweet plugin) or a Growl witht he plug in as well? My wife really hates to hear the computer talk, but I could send the reminders to my phone with either of these 2 methods

Thanks
    Bernie
    I don't use Tweet nor Growl. I'm open to suggestions on how to accomplish this.

Leave a comment:

• bernieb
    replied
    Is it possible to send the output to a Tweet (using the HS Tweet plugin) or a Growl witht he plug in as well? My wife really hates to hear the computer talk, but I could send the reminders to my phone with either of these 2 methods

Thanks
    Bernie

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
    Wadenut... can you post some screenshots in your first post for people?

i for one am reinstalling EVERYTHING from scratch... when I think of reminders.. the first thing that comes to my mind is the maintenance script.... i know it isnt being worked on anymore... so i am interested in testing yours out but would like a small visual first.... also maybe some good things in there you can incorporate if you havent?
    i know it does a great job!
    I'm not familiar with the "maintenance script".

There really are no screen shots to post. Everything is in the included doc.
    The only thing to be mindful of is the exact format to be used in the ini.
    I haven't gotten so far as to write anything like an ASP page to control this. I'd have to learn something about ASP first.
    Just create an event to run the script once a day. It isn't capable of anything like time of day yet.

Originally posted by aldo View Post
    Looking forward to try your plugin this weekend. May I make a suggestion, it would be nice to be able to mark that reminder as complete. I could have HSTouch display the reminders and click on it to close it or postpone it in the future.

Thanks,
    Aldo
    Right now, recurring reminders are updated to the next scheduled date.
    Any reminder that does not re-occur is simply removed from the file once it's been announced. The idea was to keep the file uncluttered.

Right now, a reminder is announced only once a day, then rescheduled. Time of day announcements is one thing I had considered. When I have time, I'll look at this.
    I never expected this much interest in this actually. Perhaps in time, it will evolve, but right at the moment I'm dealing with some problems with HS itself. Once I've gotten past that, I'll consider some of these improvements.

Thanks all for the interest.
    (BTW, anyone interested helping in developing some ASP for this? It's beyond my abilities at the moment. I can provide any info as necessary.)

Leave a comment:

• Loup
    replied

Leave a comment:

• alphatech
    replied
    Looking forward to try your plugin this weekend. May I make a suggestion, it would be nice to be able to mark that reminder as complete. I could have HSTouch display the reminders and click on it to close it or postpone it in the future.

Thanks,
    Aldo

Leave a comment:

• Loup
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Wadenut... can you post some screenshots in your first post for people?

i for one am reinstalling EVERYTHING from scratch... when I think of reminders.. the first thing that comes to my mind is the maintenance script.... i know it isnt being worked on anymore... so i am interested in testing yours out but would like a small visual first.... also maybe some good things in there you can incorporate if you havent?
    i know it does a great job!

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Version 1.04 is the second release. Found in the library.
    It will fix the days added problem Loup noticed. (I'd actually posted an earlier test version by mistake)
    It also will take care of leading or trailing spaces used in the ini (something I hadn't considered), as well as the use of lower case characters (d,w,m,y etc).

Thank-you for the feedback.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Originally posted by Loup View Post
    Hi, I have a question, I find your program lately, this is the best I've seen lately, it is great, I have a problem suste it works well with the current date but when it shows "22/14/2012, 1, d; salvation, it does not repeat the next day Why??

Otherwise it would extraordinairer ..
    thank you to answer me this is a great program that I would like it works
    You need to use semicolons as delimiters. Commas won't work.
    I'm not sure spaces are a good idea either. This was an oversight and I will look into it.
    Another thing I've just noticed: Use upper case D (also Y and M). This too I will fix.

Your line should look like:

22/14/2012;1;D;salvation;

Although I have to wonder what calendar has 14 months???

Note too: a past date will not be recognized as it will never match the current date.
    Last edited by Wadenut; October 24, 2012, 07:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Loup
    replied
    Hi, I have a question, I find your program lately, this is the best I've seen lately, it is great, I have a problem suste it works well with the current date but when it shows "22/14/2012, 1, d; salvation, it does not repeat the next day Why??

Otherwise it would extraordinairer ..
    thank you to answer me this is a great program that I would like it works

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Are no comments good commebts, or should I rush back to work?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X