X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spknapp
    replied
    Question for you

Greg - thank you for the hard work you do on all these fun things you give us to do with HomeSeer.

After installing Daily Reminders and testing various functions, I have a question - the event that is created to run Daily Reminders has the "Voice Command Enable:" set to "Mic and Phone" but doesn't have anything in the "Voice Command:" field. Is this necessary or is it a bug when you create the event? I like to disable all VR events unless I'm actually using them as VR has to compile all these commands to use them; unless this shouldn't be set at all for your event?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    v2.06
    - Automatically re-sorts the data file immediately on editing.
    - No longer requires a recurring event. A new scheculed event is created and maintained by the script and will only run when required. Items will now be announced immediately on their defined schedule.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    v2.05
    Only the auxilliary script has been updated. There are no other changes.

New working examples: Run Script, Run Event, Set Device Status/String/Value.

The Run Script/Event functions extend the scheduling capabilities of Homeseer and lend themselves very well to those working a rotating schedule and who may want to, for instance, set a thermostat setpoint at repeating, irregular times/days. This would be accomplished by creating as many items as are necessary to cover the entire repeating schedule. These of course, need not be spoken.

I have yet to code the "Growl" function. If someone could provide the necessary information, I'd be happy to include this.
    Last edited by Wadenut; December 29, 2012, 01:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    I appreciate the feedback. I have enough items in my list now to be able to test pretty much any scenario, except Twitter (which I'm sure will work) and Growl. I do like to have the Daily list device enabled, though I hadn't planned to. It gives a 'daily planner' look to things.
    The aux script should enable you to pass info to any other plugin/interface you like.

Good luck with that drive.

Leave a comment:

• bernieb
    replied
    Thanks for the update, I'll give this a shot shortly. I am currently battling a bad hard drive so priority is to backup what I can first. But should have some time while I am waiting for the new drive to come in.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    2.04.1 fixes a small bug where one time events might continually retrigger instead of being marked as "done".

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Daily Reminders 2.04 is ready. Includes complete support for Twitter, Growl, Email, and whatever else you can think of. An auxillary example script is included. This can be modified or expanded as required. Currently only Twitter (using the TwitSeer plugin) and Email are coded.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    OK. The [Tweet,Geowl, etc] is done.
    I'll update the doc and write an example script to use TwitSeer (which I can't Test).
    In addition, items will be sorted by time of day as well as by date in 2.04. Just looks better in the device string as well as in the edit list.
    Later today. Have to go blow out the driveway first.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Originally posted by bernieb View Post
    Thanks ... I'll give it a shot over the next few days if I can.

Guess what I meant was this (hopefully I will be clearer)

Reminders:
    Reminder 1 - Take the trash out (Twitter)
    Reminder 2 - Change smoke alarm batteries (Twitter, Email)
    Reminder 3 - Check Fuel Oil level (Growl, Email)

The one event checking the state for an ON cannot differentiate the method to be alerted
    that one even would always have to tweet or email or growl.

Let me play aound with it and see what happens before I chit chat for nothing.

Thanks again for your efforts
    Gotcha.
    In that case, and without changing too much, how about if I allow for an unspoken string within the text of the reminder.
    For instance:
    "Check Fuel Oil level [Growl, Email]"
    would speak
    "Check Fuel Oil level" ... nothing inside, and including, the square brackets is spoken. I think at the same time I'd provide for the string "NoSpeak" inside those same brackets, so that speech becomes optional for a given Reminder as well.

The device string would be stored in the Last Reminder device as is, and the auxillary event/script is then responsible to parse the string and decide what to do with it. In this case, Growl and Email.

Leave a comment:

• bernieb
    replied
    Thanks ... I'll give it a shot over the next few days if I can.

Guess what I meant was this (hopefully I will be clearer)

Reminders:
    Reminder 1 - Take the trash out (Twitter)
    Reminder 2 - Change smoke alarm batteries (Twitter, Email)
    Reminder 3 - Check Fuel Oil level (Growl, Emai)

The one event checking the state for an ON cannot differentiate the method to be alerted
    that one even would always have to tweet or email or growl.

Let me play aound with it and see what happens before I chit chat for nothing.

Thanks again for your efforts

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    V2.03 is ready and posted.

bernieb: Let me know how you make out (with the script I mean).

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    The trigger for an external event will be "Device Changed to ON". That event can do anything necessary, ie: use Twitter, use Growl, send an email, do something else, or all of the above.
    The plan is to keep this as flexible as possible.
    I need to update the documentation some, then I can post 2.03 to try. Probably later today.

Leave a comment:

• bernieb
    replied
    This seems like a pretty good solution. It's worth a shot
    From my understanding though we would have to pick on type of notification and stick with it since it won't be able to tell if we want a Tweet or Growl message or both.

Thanks for keeping this in mind.

Bernie

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Originally posted by bernieb View Post
    So here's my thought ... take it with a grain of salt, I am not the programmer

I think that a possible solution would be to include and [OUTPUT] section in your .ini config file, there you would have 3 entries:
    Speach=1
    Tweet=0
    Growl=0

User could activate only one or multiple.

I don't know how your script works but if it uses hs.speak, I would think that you could use the command line entries from the Twitseer and Growl plugins to send the messages. If two are selected, the reminders would be spoken as well as sent to the notification plugins.

See first post of each thread for syntax
    Twitseer
    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=140644

Growl
    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=137473

While writing this, I could see someone asking for Email notification as well.

Another approach would be to add parameters to the reminder, this way some could be spoken only, some could be a mixture of all.
    Example:
    1=12/25/2012;1;y;S;T;G;Merry Christmas to you all; Would send to all 3
    2=1/1/2013;1;y;S;;;Happy New Year; Would only do the speach

Thanks for considering
    Bernie
    I may have a solution to this.
    The version isn't posted just yet, but here's what I've done.

The script can optionally create one or both of two devices containing in the device string:
    All reminders for the day (updated the first time during the day the script runs.)
    The latest reminder to be announced. (updated each time a new reminder is announced).

The latter device Status will be toggled Off/On when a new reminder is found.
    In order to send this text to Twitter or Growl or any other plugin etc. a separate event would be needed to trigger on the Device Status Change to ON.
    This event can then, via your own script, read the device string and do whatever is required with it, ie: send to another plugin via its own methods.

Given enough information, I can help you write that additional event if necessary.
    Hope this will help.

V2.03 just requires a little more testing here before posting.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Update:
    I have the sort routine completed.
    Now, to keep expired reminders, and perhaps populate a device with today's reminders. Both will be options in the next version.
    Last edited by Wadenut; December 18, 2012, 02:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X