Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stevea
    replied
    That probably means it got locked when things got out of sync somehow. The lock will clear the next time you restart Homeseer, but the compacting really isn't critical. The track history database doesn't grow very quickly, especially if you are only tracking a few people.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    Ok. Thanks. I do get it every night though at around midnight...

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    I wouldn't worry about it. It just means it attempted to compact the database when it was locked by another process, e.g. the web page. The error doesn't cause a problem (the rest of the processing should continue), and it will try again tomorrow.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    Error I am getting every evening

What do you think this means?:

6/18/2013 12:00:46 AM ~!~SnevlLatitude~!~Nothing to purge from database.
    6/18/2013 12:00:46 AM ~!~SnevlLatitude~!~Compacting database
    6/18/2013 12:00:46 AM ~!~Error~!~SnevlLatitude: Couldn't compact database: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): You attempted to open a database that is already opened exclusively by user 'Admin' on machine 'USER-PC'. Try again when the database is available. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalL ateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCa ll(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) at scriptcode3.scriptcode3.prune_database()

Leave a comment:

• Delboy
    replied
    Sorry ???

Originally posted by stevea View Post
    Delboy,

Don't blame yourself. In my efforts to "improve" the database upgrade I think I might have made it worse in v2.2.

Sorry.

Steve
    'Sorry' - Did I pay for this, does the sales invoice include details on the warranty period, is my system 'standard' - I think the answer to all is an emphatic NO in which case no apology is necessary or even expected!

Appreciate your immediate response, when v2.4 is available I will try again, meanwhile my wife gets her freedom back as I cannot track her

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Delboy,

Don't blame yourself. In my efforts to "improve" the database upgrade I think I might have made it worse in v2.2.

If you really want to install from scratch, you need to delete the config\SnevlLatitude.ini, and data\SnevlLatitude\SnevlLatitude.mdb files and replace the MDB with the one in the download.

I think I've fixed the upgrade problem in the version I'm working on, that isn't quite ready for release. I'm out of town right now so it's a bit difficult for me to send you something, but I may be able to. Send me an email at snevl at msn dot com, and I'll send you the not-yet-released version 2.4. If I can't do it remotely though, it will be about a week before I can send it.

Sorry.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Delboy
    replied
    v1.8 > 2.2 upgrade woes

OK so I messed up somewhere! Been running v1.x for a year or two and decided it was time to upgrade and eventually switch the Btrace application.

Running HS2, I shut down HS, copied the v2.2 files, left my data from the original and received no warning messages when the script was ran manually about any dB upgrades or changes.

End result of several attempts is I now receive this error in the log:-

Error while reading badge database in init(): item cannot be found blah blah...

I tried to remove all references to SnevLatitude on my system and perform a clean install, same error. I also receive a parameter error when trying to launch the web interface to SnevLatitude.

Question, what do I need to delete to ensure I have a clean starting point for the v2.2 installation?

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    You're welcome Gogs, and yes it was very easy. My mess-up for having put the silly limit in there to start. My guess is I did that while I was developing it, and never looked at it again.

By the way, I left some debug in this latest version. It will print out in the HS log how many points were plotted. It doesn't cause any problem, but it's easy to take out if you want.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Gogs
    replied
    Thanks Steve, and sorry, but at least it was a simple one.

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    Thanks, as always.

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Ok, I posted a modified version of the Map ASPX over in the library thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...74&postcount=4

Jayman13 - I'll look at providing distance traveled, but I'll put that on the list for the next release version.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

500 sounds good to me. Would love to be able to plot more. BTW, would it be possible to include distance traveled for a specified time period? It would be very helpful for work related expenses if the IRS ever comes after me...

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Hmmm... I changed it to 500 and although the plot takes a little more time, it isn't enough of an impact to cause any real problem. Not sure why I did that. My settings purge data before I got up to 500 data points, but it plotted 339 just fine. I assume you folks would like an update, at least for that file?

Is 500 enough? I'd like to have some limit just so the thing doesn't get stuck in a loop.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Well I looked at it. I hard limit it to 30 points for some reason, and I can't remember why. Let me experiment some with it to see if there is some performance hit with a much higher limit (or maybe even no limit).

Steve

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

From what I can tell it has been limiting it to something like 20 data points...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X