Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simonog
    replied
    Diagnosing part of the cause I think the error message is something to do with the interaction of Latitude and BTraced, both of which I was running (when BTraced wasn't really working).

If I turn off Latitude, the error messages go away.

i'll see if that helps with battery life too.

Simon

Leave a comment:

• simonog
    replied
    BTraced version 1.1.4

Anyone else done the upgrade?

I installed it when it appeared yesterday, and notice that my iPhone 5 battery is now running down as if it's powering my house

more a problem, however, is that I am getting a LOT of these messages in the HS log, and when they occur it appears that the points are rejected even though the latitude and longitude of the data point look OK to me:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>14/03/2013 17:56:17 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SnevlLatidue </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Error - No AddressDetails in reverse_geocode()!</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>14/03/2013 17:57:17 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SnevlLatidue </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Error - No AddressDetails in reverse_geocode()!</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>14/03/2013 17:58:17 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SnevlLatidue </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Error - No AddressDetails in reverse_geocode()!</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>14/03/2013 17:59:17 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SnevlLatidue </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Error - No AddressDetails in reverse_geocode()!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

any ideas anyone? seeing anything like it?

simon

As a PS Steve, I note the typo in the error message!

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Gary,

Glad to hear it worked out.

For everyone asking about the Btraced update: I'll contact both the owner and the lead programmer (only programmer?) for the app and see if I can get any info.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• jgary
    replied
    Originally posted by stevea View Post
    Gary,

I've never seen something like that.

Do you have a relatively recent backup of the \data\SnevlLatitude\SnevlLatitude.mdb file? If you do, you could try and use that backup and see if the problem goes away.

Steve

I did some maintenance on HomeSeer updating another Plug-In and restarted HomeSeer and have not seen this error occur again. Cheers - Gary

Leave a comment:

• simonog
    replied
    I chased them and have heard nothing.

Anyone else heard? Gogs?

Simon

Leave a comment:

• JimOConnor
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by simonog View Post
    I have just had confirmation from the BTraced developer that there is an issue which he is working on to do with iPhone 5s on the latest version of iOS....

We are working on a new update that should solve this problem with the new iOS version. And we hope to have it ready in the AppStore in the next couple of weeks.<O></O>
    Any update on the new version?

JimO.

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Originally posted by jgary View Post
    All of a sudden today I am receiving this error. "2/13/2013 9:17:20 AM - Error - SnevlLatitude: Error while trying to check fields in Badges table: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

What should I erase and rebuild so I can repair/fix this error. Thanks, Gary
    Gary,

I've never seen something like that.

Do you have a relatively recent backup of the \data\SnevlLatitude\SnevlLatitude.mdb file? If you do, you could try and use that backup and see if the problem goes away.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• jgary
    replied
    All of a sudden today I am receiving this error. "2/13/2013 9:17:20 AM - Error - SnevlLatitude: Error while trying to check fields in Badges table: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

What should I erase and rebuild so I can repair/fix this error. Thanks, Gary

Leave a comment:

• simonog
    replied
    BTraced Update - For iPhone users on iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1

I have just had confirmation from the BTraced developer that there is an issue which he is working on to do with iPhone 5s on the latest version of iOS.

It will just stop logging and/or transmitting data to Homeseer.

here is his response to me:

"Thank you for your bug reporting. Actually this bug has been reported to us these days and it comes only in the new iPhones with iOS 6.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    We are working on a new update that should solve this problem with the new iOS version. And we hope to have it ready in the AppStore in the next couple of weeks.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    We are really sorry about this problem. We will try to solve it asap."

In the meantime I am using Latitude again; will revert to BTraced as soon as it's available.

Simon

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Brady,

I recognized early on that changing them would cause a problem, but when I looked at ways to handle the issue it was obvious that it was going to be difficult. I'll think about what to do to prevent it.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• jbbtex
    replied
    Steve,

Just ran in to something interesting and not a big issue.

I created a new "Place" and then added a distance device. I then decided to change the name of the new "Place" and noticed that the distance device did not update the "Place" name. I tried to edit the distance device and got an error page.
    Code:
    Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: 'DistancePlaceDropDownList' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items.
    Parameter name: value
    Had to delete the distance device and recreate it.

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Yeah, i can't say it never happens to me

Leave a comment:

• jbbtex
    replied
    Btraced

Just checked Btraced app and it shows no active trip. The Trip log shows the last data point was uploaded successfully at 2:31pm. HS log confirms that as well.

Didn't reboot phone, didn't restart HS. And my HS internet connection has been solid. Still don't know why this happens.

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied

BTW, if you change the settings redo the procedure I described above after.

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
    I started the app and a new trip about 6 hours ago and it is still working. I'll try it through the rest of the weekend and see.

Settings
    Server
    • Real Time Uploads ON
    • Upload all when Stops OFF

GPS
    • Run in Background ON
    • Add Point on Turn ON
    • Include points with accuracy < 330 ft
    • Distance Update Interval to 1.2 miles
    • Time Update Interval to 30 minutes
    The add point on turn I think really drains the battery. But from what i've noticed no matter what settings you pick, even if 3.2 miles there is still a real battery drain...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X